2,421 results
All reviews full kitchen breakfast lady dolby theatre great location rooftop garden chinese theatre separate kitchen converted apartment building universal studios the breakfast area secure parking dining table minute walk king suite metro station continental breakfast would definitely stay here again
Reviewed September 24, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stay here year after year at least once. Every year the service is fantastic from the minute we arrive and see Marlow or Adam on reception. Always look forward to seeing the lovely breakfast lady Patricia who always goes out of her way for us. The hotel is suoer clean and very comfortable .Beds are amazing. A kitchen area is provided also. I would never stay anywhere else whilst in LA. Going back in 5 weeks for Halloween. Feels like visiting family.

Reviewed September 23, 2016 via mobile

This hotel is a hidden gem! Located just behind the Dolby Theatre.. Room was great.. Complimentary breakfast was great.. Staff were extremely friendly.. Patricia was very friendly.. She was awesome! Very helpful and always had a smile on her face.. She gave me a big hug when we left..

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 22, 2016 via mobile

Location is fantastic. Right at Hollywood and beside the Highland shopping mall. It is also near to Universal Studios which is 1 metro stop away. It is helpful to have a kitchen attached to the room. The breakfast served every morning is sufficient and the lady helping with breakfast is amazing. Thank you for a great stay!

Reviewed September 21, 2016 via mobile

This is a great hotel for travellers, and has two main selling points. First, its location, directly behind Hollywood Boulevard, and second, it's very friendly and personable staff team.

If you're looking for luxury this hotel is not for you. However, we found our room very spacious, clean and comfortable. It had an added kitchenette - something which we didn't use, but handy if you wish to save on the cost of eating in nearby restaurants.

Breakfast was good - plenty of choice before starting a day of sightseeing. Try the huge bagels!

Recommended.

Reviewed September 21, 2016

My adult son and I spent four days at the Hollywood Orchid Suites in Los Angeles. First, the positive reviews on trip advisor, was why I decided to stay there. So, i'm adding mine in the hopes you'll consider this great little place.

Upon arrival, we had a slight hiccup as the room I had requested was all of a sudden not available. (I had asked for a deluxe king, but had been told upon reserving in June they were all booked, so I settled for the one-bedroom, which has a queen sofa bed. They had us marked for one room with two beds; not ok). As soon as I showed them my printed confirmation, the front desk clerk phoned the manager who ... mysteriously ... made my original request, a deluxe king, available. We were in room 107, right in front of the pool.

If you are planning on spending any time outside at the pool or on the patio, I strongly recommend room 107.

The room was clean and we were very happy with our entire experience. The location can't be beat; there was always parking available and the service was exceptionally friendly. As a traveler with specific tastes, there are two items I need to raise, though:

The pool hours are from 10 am to 9 pm, which is unfortunate for those who like early morning or late night swimming. When I asked about it, I was told it was because young children might disturb sleeping guests. I assume adults partying could be as disruptive, but I would suggest that the hotel consider allowing adults-only swimming from 7 am to 10 am, and from 9 -11 pm.

Also, the smoking situation was a bit out of hand. There is no designated smoking area (and this may be a legislated thing in California; I don't know) so everyone was smoking right outside their rooms - making it necessary to walk through clouds of smoke to get to the rooms. Really disgusting and, if i had my minor child with me, I would have been really angry. I recommend that the hotel make the front patio a designated smoking area so the other guests can avoid the area if needed. Or perhaps the rooftop patio ...

Anyway, by and large, we were very happy with our stay. If I return to Los Angeles, I'll definitely stay here.

Room tip: Room 107 is large and right off the pool - great for families.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family