“Perfect location & the most fantastic people.”

Hollywood Orchid Suites
Ranked #3 of 349 Hotels in Los Angeles
Sydney, Australia
“Perfect location & the most fantastic people.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

This place is in a quiet street located right next to Hollywood and Highland centre.

The people here are the greatest staff members I have ever come across in my years of travelling. They actually really try and help you with any questions you have and will talk to you like you are family.

My partner and I stayed here for 3 nights in a King executive suite. Bed was extremely comfortable and had a kitchen. We stayed on the 3rd floor and felt very safe.
The place is not flashy to look at, but the staff here are phenominal.
I accidently left my Ipad in the room and only realized when we reached the airport to fly out.
I called up reception and there was no hesitation to check the room for me. On return message that they had found my Ipad, they shipped with a tracking number the very next day, home for me (at my expense of course, which I had absolutely no problem with) I actually received it yesterday back in Sydney, Australi all in one piece, cover and all.

I will recommend Hollywood Orchid Suites to anyone I know travelling to Hollywood.
I's located right next door to the train station which we rode the 1 stop to Universal Studio's and 8 stops to Staples Center for a whopping $1.50pp each way :)

If we every make it back to Hollywood, I will stay here in a heart beat.

If you want people to care about your experience and stay out of the huscle and buscle of big hotels, this is the place for you.

Free continental breaky with the most awesome lady Patricia. She was lovely.

Thank you Grace for sending me my Ipad back. I appreciate it more than you can understand.

This place for us Aussies was perfect in every way!!

Room Tip: A high floor room, not near the main pool.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Relaxer84

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

Bus and metro station are close by and very doable for getting around. So close to Dolby theatre and the Hollywood/Highland complex. The suites are clean, large, with a full kitchen and a balcony or patio. Free continental breakfast in morning and there is a pool. The only downside was loud footfalls from the floor above. I was on the 2nd floor.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank Devon11
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

I loved the location of this hotel, easy to get anywhere. Great open air 4 level shopping mall beside hotel & steps from Hollywood Blvd, which has lots of great restaurants. Breakfast was included and was adequate to start off your day. Front desk clerks very helpful. More of an "inn" than a hotel because it is small and quaint. I thought all rooms had a kitchenette, but ours didn't. We did have a little fridge & coffee maker though. The walls are thin, but the staff comes right up if there is a noise complaint (which we made on 2 nights) and the problem was resolved. There's a small pool but it was too cold outside to swim in when we were there. Would most definitely stay here again, no doubt about it.

Room Tip: Ask for a kitchenette specifically if you want one.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

I arrived very late after major flight delays, so was cheered up by the welcome at check-in. My room was clean and spacious, the decor is dated but cleanliness is of much higher priority to me.

The location is perfect, especially for someone who knows the city and likes to use public transport, I felt safe around the area as it was well lit and there were always people around. I visited LA for a conference at the Dolby Theatre, and I'm sure I was the first person at the conference to get back to bed every night!

I've rated the sleep quality lower as I was on the ground floor and could hear a lot of noise from people walking around above me - it sounded like the occupants rearranged the room furniture every night at around midnight! So I would recommend a room on a higher floor. Also the bed was a little hard for my taste.

Room Tip: Try to get a higher floor.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

I had gone to LA for a recent holiday and I really didn't know what to expect from Suites in Hollywood when me and my Girlfriend came to stay here. My first impression for the hotel was that it would be average as the price was decent keeping in mind the location it was in. But as we entered the lobby we were pleasantly surprised by what we found the receptionist , the staff were really friendly, the room that we stayed in looked a little old but was far more spacious than any average 3-star hotel room. The location is awesome given that the actual Hollywood hills were just closeby. Restaurants and attractions are really close. This hotel is great for anyone on a budget.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HangoverPablo
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

Wondering why this 2 star accommodation is ranked #7 out of all the places in LA?

Simple. Location, staff and rooms.

This was our second stay here and the lovely lady at the desk remembered us from last time (2 years earlier)!

There is no better location in LA. The place is located right behind Hollywood Blvd yet is hidden away from the craziness. Walk through the Hollywood and Highland and you are instantly in the heart of the action.

The rooms are large and comfortable. We got an upgrade and had a full size kitchen, dining area, lounge, bathroom and 2 big beds!

All the staff here are lovely and helpful.
And there is an underground private, secure parking garage underneath.

Will definitely come back and stay here again. You should too!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Joe P
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel. It is in a great location and I wasn't disappointed. Rooms are spacious and equipped with a kitchen, bathroom big enough and free wifi. Continental breakfast was included which had bagels, cereal, fruit, muffins, toast, coffee, juice more than enough to get you started. Staff are friendly and helpful. The main entrance has stairs to the foyer so you will need to carry your bags up a couple of steps and there is lift to access the floor of your room or if they are too heavy like mine they can be taken via the car park and in a lift. Hollywood boulevard is a couple of steps away, shops restaurants. This hotel may not be 5 stars or a modern hotel but I think it is one of the best places to stay in Hollywood. So give it a try you won't be disappointed after all you don't spend your holidays in the room.

Stayed March 2014