“Would Definitely Return -- Great Location -- Charming place”

Hollywood Orchid Suites
Ranked #5 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I loved the location of this hotel, easy to get anywhere. Great open air 4 level shopping mall beside hotel & steps from Hollywood Blvd, which has lots of great restaurants. Breakfast was included and was adequate to start off your day. Front desk clerks very helpful. More of an "inn" than a hotel because it is small and quaint. I thought all rooms had a kitchenette, but ours didn't. We did have a little fridge & coffee maker though. The walls are thin, but the staff comes right up if there is a noise complaint (which we made on 2 nights) and the problem was resolved. There's a small pool but it was too cold outside to swim in when we were there. Would most definitely stay here again, no doubt about it.

Room Tip: Ask for a kitchenette specifically if you want one.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,205)

Reviewed March 21, 2014

I arrived very late after major flight delays, so was cheered up by the welcome at check-in. My room was clean and spacious, the decor is dated but cleanliness is of much higher priority to me.

The location is perfect, especially for someone who knows the city and likes to use public transport, I felt safe around the area as it was well lit and there were always people around. I visited LA for a conference at the Dolby Theatre, and I'm sure I was the first person at the conference to get back to bed every night!

I've rated the sleep quality lower as I was on the ground floor and could hear a lot of noise from people walking around above me - it sounded like the occupants rearranged the room furniture every night at around midnight! So I would recommend a room on a higher floor. Also the bed was a little hard for my taste.

Room Tip: Try to get a higher floor.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I had gone to LA for a recent holiday and I really didn't know what to expect from Suites in Hollywood when me and my Girlfriend came to stay here. My first impression for the hotel was that it would be average as the price was decent keeping in mind the location it was in. But as we entered the lobby we were pleasantly surprised by what we found the receptionist , the staff were really friendly, the room that we stayed in looked a little old but was far more spacious than any average 3-star hotel room. The location is awesome given that the actual Hollywood hills were just closeby. Restaurants and attractions are really close. This hotel is great for anyone on a budget.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HangoverPablo
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Wondering why this 2 star accommodation is ranked #7 out of all the places in LA?

Simple. Location, staff and rooms.

This was our second stay here and the lovely lady at the desk remembered us from last time (2 years earlier)!

There is no better location in LA. The place is located right behind Hollywood Blvd yet is hidden away from the craziness. Walk through the Hollywood and Highland and you are instantly in the heart of the action.

The rooms are large and comfortable. We got an upgrade and had a full size kitchen, dining area, lounge, bathroom and 2 big beds!

All the staff here are lovely and helpful.
And there is an underground private, secure parking garage underneath.

Will definitely come back and stay here again. You should too!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Joe P
Reviewed March 19, 2014

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel. It is in a great location and I wasn't disappointed. Rooms are spacious and equipped with a kitchen, bathroom big enough and free wifi. Continental breakfast was included which had bagels, cereal, fruit, muffins, toast, coffee, juice more than enough to get you started. Staff are friendly and helpful. The main entrance has stairs to the foyer so you will need to carry your bags up a couple of steps and there is lift to access the floor of your room or if they are too heavy like mine they can be taken via the car park and in a lift. Hollywood boulevard is a couple of steps away, shops restaurants. This hotel may not be 5 stars or a modern hotel but I think it is one of the best places to stay in Hollywood. So give it a try you won't be disappointed after all you don't spend your holidays in the room.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Jackiesholiday
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I am sooo happy we chose to stay here!! I was worried about trying to get a hotel close to the Walk of Fame and everything we wanted to see. I needed something not too expensive and clean and safe...parking was also important for my rental car. This hotel is everything I wanted and so much more! Sure it's not brand new, but it's clean! The staff is amazing, helpful friendly and attentive. From the front desk, to the maids to the wonderful woman who makes sure you have all you need during free breakfast. Breakfast included your choice of bagels, croissants, danish, oatmeal, yogurt. Orange juice, milk, hot tea and coffee! To those who complained about seating- they just added new tables and chairs outside. Really seating is not an issue at all...seating by the food, seating right outside, seating on the roof, seating by the pool and seating in your room!
When we first checked in (early) they accommodated us by giving us a room right away. We got room 309 which is at the end of a hallway...wonderfully quiet but not far from the elevator. Then the wonderful woman at the front desk showed us the quick path to the mall/hard rock cafe and straight out to Hollywood walk of fame....everything was amazing. Wasn't loud at all, and couldn't be happier with everything. I will be staying here again, wish I wasn't checking out tomorrow.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We stayed here for two nights as part of a longer holiday on the west coast and agree with most other reviews that this hotel is fantastic value for money.

The breakfast was an added bonus and the location was excellent. Don't expect five star luxury, the rooms are a little dated and the walls really are very thin however the beds are comfortable, it's clean and the staff, especially the breakfast lady, are lovely.

We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple