You don't need to pay big bucks in Hollywood to stay somewhere nice.
We stayed at the Hollywood Orchid Suites last month and were not disappointed.
On arrival the reception was not at street level and there is a locked glass door which greets you which is out of the ordinary but you will come to learn that this is for your safety while staying at the hotel.
When we checked in our room was not available so the receptionist arranged to hold our bags for us, we were travelling with a lot of heavy suitcases so we had to get the bags through the car park and up through the lift into the reception area.
The automatic garage door did come and crush one of our bags while we were transporting our bags in. This was probably the lowest point I would mark the hotel down on - as if this was a person who fell instead of a bag - they probably would be dead as the gate didn't retract back but kept trying to go down ... Luckily nothing major was damaged in the suitcase.
The rooms are comfortable and larger than a standard hotel room as the complex used to be residential units. Breakfast is simple but quite nice in the upstairs common area.
The hotel is perfectly located for most Hollywood attractions and is right next to the Metro station where you can get to Universal Studios in 1 block or the public bus stop where you can get to Warner Brothers in about 15 minutes.
Is the hotel perfect? No, definitely not. But you will get a comfortable stay with friendly staff and good value for money. Be prepared to carry your own bags - possibly up stairs by hand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hollywood Orchid Suites owes its success to a superior location and a commitment to security, friendly service and value. We are next door to the Hollywood & Highland Center which includes TCL Chinese Theatre (formerly Grauman's Chinese Theatre), the Dolby Theatre (home of the Academy Awards), the Loew's Hotel Hollywood, the METRO station, Madame Tussauds Wax Museum, Walk of Fame, movie theaters, restaurants, clubs, bowling lanes and shopping. We are within close walking distance to the Hollywood Bowl, the Roosevelt Hotel, The Magic Castle and Yamashiro. Universal Studios and Pantages Theatre at Hollywood & Vine is just one subway stop away. Most of our rooms have fully equipped kitchens and a dining area. We offer a complimentary, light continental breakfast, free WIFI and free local calls. Our cancellation policy is 72 hours; check in is at 3 p.M. And check out at noon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hollywood Orchid Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hollywood Orchid Hotel Los Angeles
- Hollywood Orchid Los Angeles