“So close to the action”

Hollywood Orchid Suites
Ranked #5 of 358 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights and upon arrival were upgraded to a suite at no extra cost. Our room was clean and spacious with a fully equipped kitchen. We also had a coffee machine in our room. It was mostly quiet except for the odd garbage truck early in the morning. The bed was huge and very comfortable. This hotel is right next to Hollywood Boulevard - you just walk through the mall to reach it. Everything is at your fingertips. The staff are very friendly and helped out with any tours we needed. Breakfast consisted of bagels, muffins, cereals, yogurts, juices, tea and coffee. There is limited secure parking under the hotel and only costs $10 p/n. I would highly recommend this hotel and would stay again if we return to LA.

Room Tip: If you want complete silence, maybe ask for a room at the rear of the motel
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,299)

Reviewed October 31, 2013

I have just returned from my second stay at the Hollywood Orchid Suites. The location of the hotel is fantastic, just behind Hollywood & Highland Shopping Complex and the dolby theare. The staff could not have been more helpful always on hand to help with any queries we had. The rooms are a great size, as we were here for 10 nights it was great to have such a big space. I would highly recommend the Hollywood Orchid Suites to anyone looking to stay in the centre of Hollywood.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mary F
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Had such an amazing stay at the Orchid Suites, great price, spacious rooms, friendly staff, great breakfast and a location that you cannot beat! Best thing about this hotel is Patricia, the lady who serves breakfast... what a friendly face to wake up to in the mornings :)

I would most definitely stay here again if I ever find myself in Los Angeles again (holding thumbs).

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 28, 2013

The staff is extremely friendly and really caters to the guests. I was most impressed by the lovely complimentary breakfast. It has everything you need to start your day and coffee and hot water for tea or hot chocolate is available all day.

The rooms were clean and comfortable, but could use an update. Water pressure was a little low which made washing the shampoo out of your hair a bit of a challenge. The plus side to the rooms are that they are apartment style. It is nice to have a large refrigerator, breakfast bar, and a table to eat on plus plenty of additional space.

Other reviewers have commented on the thin walls and this is very true! I thought it couldn't be as bad as some reviewers described, but it was on one night out of our 3 night stay. Be prepared for thin walls and pray for a quiet neighbor.

However, for the cost of the hotel and the phenomenal location the Orchid Suites cannot be beat. You are a 2 minute walk to the red line metro and the middle of Hollywood Blvd. You can count on a clean room, friendly service, and an easy walk to Hollywood Blvd. I would recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for the second floor so you don't hear anyone above you walking around.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Hayley724
Reviewed October 26, 2013

This hotel is in a fantastic location, right behind the Dolby Theatre. It backs on to Hollywood Blvd, and you can walk everywhere. We stayed in a room at the rear of the hotel and had a quiet nights sleep. The beds were soooo comfortable and the rooms are HUGE!! The breakfast is enough to get started in the morning, and don't get annoyed with the size of the breakfast room because you can take it all back to your room and eat. The staff were very helpful and always smiling. We would stay here again for the price and location.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank statsmarty
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Perfect base for our LA stay. Friendly & helpful staff, big clean rooms & very comfortable beds. Having a kitchinette was an added bonus with a supermarket just nearby. The daily continental breakfast was plentiful & a good way to start the day. The Hotel is in a great location with shops, restaurants & of course the Walk of Fame a short stroll away. Great value accommodation. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Debbie N
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Planning my fourth visit now....
Staff are just like family ;)

Breakfast is always spot on, fresh fruit, cereal, bagels, croissants, muffins ect

I have stayed in a different room every time and they all have been comfy, every appliance has worked and all have had plenty of space.

Wifi has been great... Constantly! Unlike other hotels I have stayed. Even a desktop computer there for guest use, it's only basic but great for looking at maps, directions ect. Staff always happy to print, fax or copy pages for me too.

I have had large deliveries arrive at the hotel without a problem, had my luggage stowed there when I'm out of town for a few days.

Laundry is great, modern washer/ dryer. Car park is secure.

Pool is nicely heated and spotless.

The best access to hollywood... A one minute walk and your on Hollywood blvd, right in the middle, but being that one block back you can easily escape the rat race.

Close to the train station/ buses.

It really does have an awesome location.

As for being "buzzed in"..... I can only think of one occasion my hand reached for the intercom.... Every other time the staff saw me coming and the door was buzzed open for me.

Yeah ok, overall it's not Buckingham palace or Hearst castle.... But it is clean, close and comfy. Great value for money...families, singles or couples.

I have been touring the US for 4 months now and this is the one place I will always come back to... It's my second home.

• Stayed: October 2013