This hotel is well located for public transport although there is a small garage if driving. It is just around the corner from the subway station which links the area to the main LA train station in Union Square and really close to a number of bus stops to get to places such as the Getty Centre, Santa Monica etc if like us you decide not to drive while on holiday. The lovely lady on reception had a cold glass of water for us when we arrived and arranged for the air conditioning to be on in our room as temperatures were over 100f (40c) and she could not be more helpful with information about how to get places, opening times etc.The room set out was perfect for us as we walked into a sitting room with kitchen area and dining table and chairs. It was a fully equipped kitchen with crockery, cutlery, glasses etc and good sized fridge/freezer, cooker and microwave. So much better than the usual microwave only. The bedroom was at the back separated by a hallway with cupboards. and the bathroom was separate again. This meant when one of us was tired they could go to bed without being disturbed by the other in the sitting room. The pool is very small but at least there is a pool and there is a rooftop terrace which has no real view but is available to relax in and eat. The breakfast was limited but perfectly edible although the dining area is small however you can also eat in your room, on the roof top or at the small patio at the front. The area is not an attractive part of town but it feels fairly safe and the hotel is close to the Dolby Theatre (think Oscars), the viewing area for the Hollywood sign, Graumans Chinese theatre (actually a cinema where many of the Hollywood films are premiered) Hollywood walk of fame etc. It is very busy even quite late at night. Having said that the hotel is tucked around the corner so it does not suffer from noise from street activity. This is not a pretty building.. The décor inside the hotel is really quite old fashioned and dated which at first sight can be a bit off putting considering the rave reviews the hotel gets but the beds are comfortable, the water pressure for the shower is good, the staff are lovely and one gets an awful lot of space and facilities for the price. If you want to stay somewhere luxurious and pretty in a lovely part of LA this is not the place but for someone wanting to be in the heart of Hollywood action, near public transport with comfort and good facilities this hotel is hard to beat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hollywood Orchid Suites owes its success to a superior location and a commitment to security, friendly service and value. We are next door to the Hollywood & Highland Center which includes TCL Chinese Theatre (formerly Grauman's Chinese Theatre), the Dolby Theatre (home of the Academy Awards), the Loew's Hotel Hollywood, the METRO station, Madame Tussauds Wax Museum, Walk of Fame, movie theaters, restaurants, clubs, bowling lanes and shopping. We are within close walking distance to the Hollywood Bowl, the Roosevelt Hotel, The Magic Castle and Yamashiro. Universal Studios and Pantages Theatre at Hollywood & Vine is just one subway stop away. Most of our rooms have fully equipped kitchens and a dining area. We offer a complimentary, light continental breakfast, free WIFI and free local calls. Our cancellation policy is 72 hours; check in is at 3 p.M. And check out at noon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire, Agoda, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Hollywood Orchid Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hollywood Orchid Hotel Los Angeles
- Hollywood Orchid Los Angeles