“Perfect place to stay in Hollywood”

Hollywood Orchid Suites
Ranked #4 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I have stayed at the Roosevelt Hotel and Loews Hollywood hotel but my stay at Hollywood Orchid Suites is definately my favourite, the staff were friendly and very accommodating we were greeted by name whenever we came into the lobby, the lady (i cant remember her name) who checked us in gave us information on the area, had a laugh with us and held our bags as we arrvied a few hours before check in.
The location is perfect, with a safe walk way through to Hollywood and Highlands, the rooms were great with a full kitchen.
Can not wait to stay here again on my next holiday to the USA.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hollywood Orchid Suites

Reviewed June 30, 2013

You can't get a better location -- walking distance to the Chinese Theatre, the Hollywood and Highland mall, Starline tours, etc. The room was very large and clean. Also, I was worried about the room location right off the lobby, but the hotel is very quiet. Staff is fantastic! I would highly recommend this hotel for what it is -- if you are expecting new or chic, look elsewhere. My only complaint (a slight one) is that the mattress was a little too soft, causing me some achiness in the mornings. But that is a personal preference.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We booked a room for 2 nights at this nice hotel. We immediately found the place using our GPS, no problems. Parking was nice but if you have a bigger car may be a bit tight. Very secure. You have to be buzzed into building or use a key after check in. We had a room on the first floor by the front desk. At first seemed a bit strange but was perfect for us. It was not noisy at all. No view from our room but that was fine with us. We had 2 queen beds. Our room had a full kitchen but we did not use it (besides the fridge). The bathroom was a bit small but perfect for us. It is an older building but everything is nice, clean and updated. It is located just a 5 min or less walk to Hollywood blvd. We walked through the Lowes drop off area (I think that is what it was) to get to Hollywood blvd but you can also walk thru the Mall that is there too. We were out walking at night and felt safe. The Lowes hotel security was always standing around as well as bellmen and taxi guys. Lots of resturants close by within walking distance. We took a bus tour that the hotel set up for us and it was great. We drove to Griffith Park it took about 10 min to get there. I would stay there again and highly recommend it for the price. It had a pool that looked clean but we did not use it.

Room Tip: We stayed on 1st floor we did not have any problem with noise.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ozarks_7
Reviewed June 26, 2013

...because I want to make sure it's always available for us!

On our previous visit to L.A. a month earlier, we stayed at a nice motel in Burbank. While it was a good experience, it wasn't the greatest location for our needs. I am so glad we found Hollywood Orchid Suites, because we had to stay for eight nights. And it was just perfect!

We were in L.A. so that I could undergo surgery at Cedars-Sinai. I had to see the doc four days before the surgery, so there was plenty of time to learn that Hollywood Orchid's location, in the heart of Hollywood, couldn't be beat! And it was well-situated to be able to drive to the hospital without dealing with the freeways. Since we were driving to L.A. and knew we'd have a full kitchen, we were able to bring food for breakfast, to supplement the continental breakfast provided by the hotel each day. The provided teakettle allowed me to bring my own Starbucks pre-ground coffee and not have to support the local store.

We had an Executive King Suite. The room was very large; unlike other configurations, it didn't have a separate bedroom, but we didn't need it. The large, upholstered chairs provided ample seating, and the eat-in kitchen had a table and four chairs. The advantage of the Executive King was that we had a balcony, which I made good use of, since the hotel is non-smoking and I'm a smoker. It also didn't overlook the pool, so it was quiet. The free Wi-Fi worked perfectly, even on the balcony.

Our apartment was spotlessly clean, and the bathroom had a good-sized vanity. A built-in cabinet right outside the bathroom was perfect for storing all that we'd brought, and the hall closet was huge.

The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful, and the manager, learning of the reason for our trip, was especially kind and accommodating.

The availability of a parking garage was another bonus in this neighborhood of impossible traffic and limited parking. Though parking costs $10/night, and was free until recently, it's not over the top.

Hollywood Orchid Suites is not luxury. The kitchen, though complete, is dated. The mattresses aren't plush pillowtops (though comfortable enough even for me, with my unremitting pain from a back condition); the towels are soft, fluffy, and spotless, but the bath towel is the smallest I've seen anywhere. The nice flat-top TV doesn't offer a plethora of channels. If you need luxury and ultramodern accommodations and room service, the Lowe's Hollywood is right across the street; please stay there and drop a bundle, and leave Hollywood Orchid Suites for us. It's the best value around. We've already made reservations for our next return visit, for the follow-up with the doctor. After staying here, we wouldn't stay anywhere else!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2013

This place is so close, five minutes you are on Hollywood Boulevard. We stayed here two nights visiting Hollywood attractions. The staff was very nice, we even me the manager on the elevator. We were upgraded to a two bedroom suite which helped us get away from noise below. The room was clean and had a kitchen if you needed to stay for longer. The laundry facilities were popular but did not have to wait too long to wash clothes. The breakfast bar was awesome. The lady that managed breakfast was so nice which we could have ate there more than once. But, the best thing was location. You are right behind Hollywood and Highland which is a mall and different restaurants in one location. It was just so convenient. It was easy to get in and out of the location so it makes driving easy. I would definitely stay here again. Maybe then I would be able to enjoy the rooftop garden, nice and quiet place.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed here in May for four nights. We were very happy with our accommodation which was an Executive King Suite, very large with fully equipped kitchen, all spotlessly clean. Continental breakfast was included, along with free Wi-Fi. Also well maintained swimming pool. The staff were so friendly and helpful, always cheerful and obliging. Perfect location in really safe area right next to Hollywood Blvd but not on it so away from all the crowds - two minutes walk to the Dolby Theatre (the Oscars) in the Highland and Hollywood Centre, with its huge shopping complex, and close to all the main Hollywood attractions. Also perfect for transport, tour buses and hop-on/hop-off buses. Great price booked direct. Would definitely recommend to others and would certainly stay here again if we were to return to LA.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Stayed a couple of nights in mid May. Rooms were huge and well kept, staff was extremely nice and helpful. The pool area, breakfast nook, and rooftop garden were all neat, clean and well-maintained. The lady running the breakfast was adorable! Very convenient to transportation and the hop on-hop off tour bus. Would definitely stay here again, and recommend highly.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family