Our family of four (two adults, two late teenagers) spent a week here in two rooms on the top floor (of three floors). This was our base for sightseeing LA, after a few days at Annaheim and a day trip to San Deigo. The location is perfect for Universal Studios, Hollywood boulevard, and is close enough to downtown LA, Beverly Hills and Santa Monica, Getty Museum for trips further afield (we had a hire car for our time in LA, which we would recommend).
The suites were clean, very roomy and well appointed, if a little dated, with good sized kitchens if you want to prepare your own food. The walls are thin, and you'll probably hear your neighbours from time to time. The wifi is a little irregular in the rooms and in some spots you couldn't connect. Car parking is underground (access via a lift from your floor) and was US$10 per day. Check-in and service during our stay was outstanding - very friendly and helpful. The breakfast is great: croissants, bagels, spreads, fresh fruit, coffee, juices, cereals and came with very friendly service.
The hotel is two minutes walk from the Chinese Theatre, Dolby Theatre, Hard Rock Cafe, and everything the Boulevard has to offer (which might not be as glamorous as you expect Hollywood to be, compared to Rodeo Drive and Santa Monica).
We would definitely recommend Orchid Suites for those wanting a base in central Hollywood.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hollywood Orchid Suites owes its success to a superior location and a commitment to security, friendly service and value. We are next door to the Hollywood & Highland Center which includes TCL Chinese Theatre (formerly Grauman's Chinese Theatre), the Dolby Theatre (home of the Academy Awards), the Loew's Hotel Hollywood, the METRO station, Madame Tussauds Wax Museum, Walk of Fame, movie theaters, restaurants, clubs, bowling lanes and shopping. We are within close walking distance to the Hollywood Bowl, the Roosevelt Hotel, The Magic Castle and Yamashiro. Universal Studios and Pantages Theatre at Hollywood & Vine is just one subway stop away. Most of our rooms have fully equipped kitchens and a dining area. We offer a complimentary, light continental breakfast, free WIFI and free local calls. Our cancellation policy is 72 hours; check in is at 3 p.M. And check out at noon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Hollywood Orchid Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hollywood Orchid Hotel Los Angeles
- Hollywood Orchid Los Angeles