“Excellent location and great value for money.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hollywood Orchid Suites

Hollywood Orchid Suites
Ranked #3 of 349 Hotels in Los Angeles
Mexico
“Excellent location and great value for money.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2012

This hotel is located in an excellent location just some steps from the walk of fame and Kodak Theatre, you also have a shopping mall just next to the hotel, but you have to walk and find a hidden path to get into the shopping mall, once you are there you will have an extremely nice view of the hills with the Hollywood sign.
The hotel has big rooms with kitchenette, big bathroom, very good service and friendly staff, they also have breakfast, just milk, bread and fruits, but its a good option. A very good advise is to rent a car, because LA attractions are very far one from the other. I would stay there again with my family.
In addition Hollywood Orchid Suites is a very good option, highly recommendable and with an excellent location.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2012

Checked onto hotel yesterday. Big room has two seperate bedrooms. The hotel ispretty old, looks like converted old apartment building.Rooms are outdated but clean. Has kitchen with fridge, stove, micro coffee maker.
the floors are thin and listened all noght the the sounds of people walking around in the rooms above me. This morning awoke to the sounds of ammer drillsing in the parking garage. Working on the plumbing is what I understand.
The parking garage is low clearance, only 6'4" so if you have an SUV, check the height before you book.
The hotel is convienient to the mall, starbucks, several resturaunts, California Pizza Kitchen and my favorite, The Grill. Never had a bad meal there.

Staff is nice.

Room Tip: probably better to stay on top floor. I was on level two and it was loud from the footsteps alnight...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
OrchidSuites_Manager, Manager at Hollywood Orchid Suites, responded to this review, February 10, 2012
Dear Mtich S.

Thank you for choosing the Hollywood Orchid Suites while visiting the Los Angeles area.

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we upgrade our plumbing to new copper pipes. While we realize it is an inconvenience, we are doing all that we can to minimize any impact to our guests -- such as limiting the hours that contractors can work (10 AM - 5PM) -- as we continue to improve the hotel.

As you mentioned, the hotel is not new and the rooms are somewhat dated. However, we are making improvements daily and hope that when you stay with us again that you will see some of them. For instance, we just built an outdoor patio area for extra seating at breakfast; replaced the bedroom windows in most of the rooms for greater soundproofing and aesthetics; and are replacing the vinyl flooring with tile, etc.

I will be happy to discuss any of your or any of our guest's concerns regarding these improvements.

Have a great weekend!

Warm regards,
Sandra Hausaman, Manager
manager@orchidsuties.com
Redditch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2012

we stayed here for 3 night wish we were there more. the location is great right behind kodak theater and a lovely little shopping center but in a kind of cul de sac street, so nice and quite. We go in before check in time but staff had our room ready and a lovely lady checked us in think she was called mia? The rooms were such a surprise they were more like a flat massive bed big wardrobe nice bathroom and a big kitchen. the hotel is super clean when they make your room up they really go at it you can even smell how clean it is ( if that makes sense ). the staff were all very helpful with directions taxis trips etc. Also we didnt use the pool but our friends did and they said it was lovely and warm and very clean!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank whitney mae m
Centurion, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

This was our second stay at the Hollywood Orchid Suites and again we experienced it as an excellent choice. This hotel is very well situated right behind the Kodak Theatre, and also provides a security entrance. Although the hotel is centrally situated only one block away from all the happenings at Hollywood Boulevard, it is in a quiet cul-de-sac road. We experienced the reception staff quick and efficient and our room was also found to be very spacious, neat and tidy. The kitchen is fully equipped with crockery and utensils. A complimentary breakfast is provided although the breakfast area is a bit crowded. There is not enough seating provided for all the guests unless you arrive very early. The best solution was to dish up your breakfast and enjoy it in your own spacious dining room. We found the reception staff very friendly and helpful when we made enquiries and in assisting us when requesting for transport. They also reacted promptly when we complained one evening after midnight about noisy tenants. They immediately went to their room and requested them to quieten down. Complimentary Internet is provided and the hotel also has a nice well maintained swimming pool.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank LeonKay
Saskatchewan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2012

We stayed here for 6 days at the end of December 2011. The first morning we were there we went down for their continental breakfast. I was tired from travelling and forgot my purse, which had our passports and much of our holiday cash, hanging on the back of a chair. The hotel staff saved my purse and put it in their office. It was approx. 1.5 hours later when I realized it was missing. I went to the office, and they said they knew who it belonged to, however they did not know which room I was in. Nothing was missing! This could have been a really bad start to our holiday. Thanks for being honest :)

The location was great. Many people told me that Holllywood was a bad place to stay, but the hotel location and that section of Hollywood Bouvelard was great. My thirteen year old son and I even went for a walk on Hollywood Bouvelard at 10:00 PM on New Years Eve, and I felt fine.

The extra security of the hotel was appreciated including the locking underground parking. It was also very handy to have access to a washer and dryer to do a few loads of laundry. There was a grocery store approx. 4 blocks away that we could walk to that had everything we needed.

I had read the reviews on Trip Advisor and although the decor was not cutting edge, the quality of the bedding and pillows was good. The towels were even better quality than the ones we got on our Disney Cruise following.

The staff was very friendly and helpful no matter who we were speaking to. It was great to have a spacious and comfortable suite to make as our home base. The subway station was also very close.

The pool was not heated at this time of year, and we were busy sightseeing so we did not use it. We also went up to the roof top garden to see what was there. There was no one up there, but it appears a good place for smokers to relax.

I did seem to lose the internet signal a couple of times, however it does it appear they have a few routers, so I would refresh and connect to a different one.

I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Thanks again so much for saving my purse!!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Rosie063
Auckland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2012

I stayed here with my parents in October a year ago and it was more than what we expected! the room we booked had a separate kitchen (we cooked instant noodles on one of the nights, when we were to lazy to go out haha). The room was really big, we had two double beds and there was a dining table aswell. We really enjoyed the breakfast, the best continental breakfast I've had so far :) we loved the bagels especially! I thought it was quite cool that you could put your breakfast on a tray and take it to your room to eat, as the breakfast area is quite small.

There was a guest computer with complimentary use of internet, which was a bonus! In terms of location, I don't think you could get any better it was right behind Hollywood Boulevard! and easy access to the metro. The staff were very helpful with giving directions to everywhere we wanted to go and stored our luggage for us as we had an evening flight.

I feel we got a bargain with this hotel and both myself and my parents had a most enjoyable stay in LA. I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends and family and will return when I am visiting again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Prosper, Tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2012

When traveling to LA in the past with my daughters, I always opted to stay near Beverly Hills out of saftey reasons, but this time I was with my husband and I thought he would like the energy and nightlife of staying near Hollywood Blvd. I found this hotel and read many wonderful reviews about it and decided to give it a try since it is VERY close to Kodak Theater, Graumann's, Walk of Fame, etc. A little hard to find at night but once we did and realized we had the safety of parking our car in a locked, underground garage, we were impressed. Lots of security getting into it but the front desk people were very friendly, helpful, and kind. Went up to our room...yes, it is an old apartment complex, but the room was huge! Large sitting area with attached kitchen, hallway to bedroom, and then bath area. Lots of storage area. The next best part after LOCATION is that it was very clean...especially the sheets...nice and crisp. Ok, the carpet is old and the linoleum in the bathroom is stained, but the tub, sink, toilet were clean. Couches in living room were plush and not seedy looking. They do ask you to clean the dishes you use but that's ok, especially since the dishes were nice and clean and new looking. I read reviews about it being noisy...yes, at times, it was but you are in the heart of Hollywood, not Beverly Hills....there are going to be some sirens and noise. Unfortunately, while we were there we had the flu (had it before we arrived) but I have to admit that, if I had to be sick, this was a nice place to be in. We would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: It didn't matter where you are located...there really aren't views.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple