We stayed 5 nights at Hollywood Orchid Suites and could not be happier with the value and location. Situated just behind the Chinese Theatre, Kodak Theatre, Madame Tussauds and the Hard Rock Cafe the location cannot be beaten. You can access the apartments through the spectacular Hollywood & Highland Shopping Centre which gives you direct access to Hollywood Blvd and all it's attractions which span this block and the next couple of blocks. There is a subway station in the same block which was great because we caught the well run and beautifully clean trains everywhere - one stop from Universal Studios - and only $21 for a 7 day Tap & Go pass. Also the Hop on Hop Off Bus stops just out the front in Hollywood Blvd which is great for orientation. The staff at Orchid Suites are extremely helpful and friendly. A special thanks to Marlo who came to our rescue when we got lost, well over and above the call of duty. Orchid Suites is an old apartment building so don't expect brand new 5 star rooms, they are a bit dated. However, they are spacious, very well appointed with excellent heating and cooling and are very kept very clean. We stayed in a deluxe suite which had a separate bedroom and a full kitchen with oven, fridge, coffee machine and microwave as well as crockery and cutlery all in very good condition. The lounge room had a large LCD TV and the bedroom LCD was not much smaller. The free breakfast is an absolute bonus. It's a continental breakfast, meaning of course, no hot stuff, but a great selection - muffins, bagels, croissant, cereal, toast, fruit and juice (see pics). The kitchen area is a bit tight and there are only three tables, but you can load up a tray and take it back to your room, which we preferred anyway.There is free secure parking which we didn't need but is yet another bonus if you do have a car. We paid $129 (before tax of course - never quite got used to that!) which we felt was amazing value for what we got. We did have one night of thoughtless girls giggling quite late into the night but that's not the hotels fault, I have stayed in much more expensive and newer hotels where the noise tends to travel. I would definitely stay there again if we ever go back to LA and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for great value in a top location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hollywood Orchid Suites owes its success to a superior location and a commitment to security, friendly service and value. We are next door to the Hollywood & Highland Center which includes TCL Chinese Theatre (formerly Grauman's Chinese Theatre), the Dolby Theatre (home of the Academy Awards), the Loew's Hotel Hollywood, the METRO station, Madame Tussauds Wax Museum, Walk of Fame, movie theaters, restaurants, clubs, bowling lanes and shopping. We are within close walking distance to the Hollywood Bowl, the Roosevelt Hotel, The Magic Castle and Yamashiro. Universal Studios and Pantages Theatre at Hollywood & Vine is just one subway stop away. Most of our rooms have fully equipped kitchens and a dining area. We offer a complimentary, light continental breakfast, free WIFI and free local calls. Our cancellation policy is 72 hours; check in is at 3 p.M. And check out at noon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Hollywood Orchid Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hollywood Orchid Hotel Los Angeles
- Hollywood Orchid Los Angeles