1,643 results
All reviews great location walking distance valet parking chinese theatre busy street universal studios front desk staff dolby theatre two blocks would definitely stay here again sunset blvd santa monica fame hollywood hgi starbucks microwave
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Uber from airport was $33. To find the pick up point exit arrivals and go up the escalator to the next level.
We were allocated a top floor room facing the pool which was exactly as requested by fax in advance (couldn’t find an email address). This room was refurbished and was very quiet until our last night when the floor filled up with people who though it was acceptable to party in the rooms, although the hotel did deal with it once I went down and complained. There is a fridge and microwave but no cutlery or crockery. Towels were changed regularly and toiletries replenished.
A deposit of $350 was held on my card which I felt was excessive. I checked the room bill every day as random things would be added - there was never an apology.
To the front of the hotel is a very busy 6 lane road so I would imagine this would be the noisy side to stay.
The pool is in the sun from 9-3 and was hardly used during our stay. People did go down and use the jacuzzi in the evening though. Put insect repellent on if you do this or you will be eaten alive! There are only 28 sunbeds and mostly only half are in the sun at a time. Towels are provided but you need to take drinks with you as there are none available.
As it was myself and my adult daughter travelling alone we mainly used uber which we found fairly cheap and reliable. One way to Santa Monica was $30. It took 35 minutes to travel there but the return journey took 1 hour 20 mins to travel the 16 miles, but the cost was the same. We also used the 2 day pass on the Starline hop on hop off bus which cost $64 and worked well for us although a lot of the stops aren’t marked so if you walk between stops it can be a bit stressful finding where to wait. We never waited long for a bus to come along and the buses were never crowded. This also included free entry to Madame Tussaud’s. If I’d paid $30 to get in I would have been very disappointed.
Yes, there are quite a lot of homeless people throughout LA but our experience was they leave you alone so we didn’t have a problem with them.
We were happy with the standard and location of this hotel but we only really slept there as we had a full itinerary.

Room tip: Ask for pool facing to avoid the 6 lane road at the front
Date of stay: September 2019
AlfonsoT507, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We appreciate the feedback, GO50.

We're glad you had a pleasant stay with us, however, we're disappointed that your time with us was less than ideal. Your experience is not on par with the level of service we're accustomed to providing. We're disheartened that you had such challenges with your billing and that our team didn't go above and beyond to accommodate your needs. We hold ourselves to a higher standard so we'll address your concerns with the appropriate members of our team moving forward.

We hope you give us another opportunity to share a more positive experience with you soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This must be an old style Hilton (I was expecting something more modern) but didn't bother me that much, our double beds room was spacious, massive flat tv screen and bathroom was big and clean. I didn't use the breakfast, shame they could include in the price a basic one, however I had a coffee machine in the room and it was ok for me.

The swimming pool was a clean and very handy to cool down after a hot day walking around in Hollywood. Shame they don't provide shuttle bus to the airport, I know other Hilton hotels do. The hotel hold a $200 deposit in case of damage.

Staff were friendly and helpful.

1  Thank Pitbulla

Thanks for the 4/5 review!

We're thrilled to hear that you had a great experience with us! It's wonderful that you loved our spacious rooms, along with our helpful service! We'd love to have you back again soon to share an even more positive experience with you.

Have a great day!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel staff is very friendly. The entire hotel was very clean. The breakfast was good and the bartender was very nice. The location is OK. Not a lot directly around the hotel but its a short walk to Hollywood Blvd and right on the corner are plenty of restaurants, bars and shopping. Enjoyed the stay here.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for the excellent review, Cathy!

It's lovely you had such a pleasant experience with us! We strive to offer top-notch service and comfort for all of our guests. We're happy you appreciated our clean accommodations so much. Our team takes great care to properly refresh all rooms and your praise lets us know we're succeeding!

We look forward to hosting you again soon for another amazing experience! Have a fantastic day!

Reviewed September 10, 2019

We really liked this hotel, as we have only ever before stayed in London Hiltons were not sure what to expect. The rooms we stayed in had been renovated, so pictures dont really do it justice. Nice clean laminate flooring rather than swirly carpets, we had three rooms for three nights and all were similar in size. Air conditioning in one was leaking and in another room not working however was quickly fixed by the maintenance man (things breakdown sometimes). Breakfast was good. All the staff where all really lovely and very helpful. The restaurant gentleman (i didnt catch his name, he had a mustache) seemed to be there at breakfast and evenings, couldn't do enough for us. We asked to have a late check out in one room until 7pm, the charge i though was a little high as was higher than the actual room rates I had paid but understand the hotel was busy. The swimming pool area was well maintained. Overall if we were back in the area I would stay again. The location of this hotel is perfect for the usual Hollywood tourist places. The general area is a little rundown but that seems to be Hollywood as a whole.

Room tip: Higher corner rooms are better
Date of stay: August 2019
AlfonsoT507, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2019

Kerry, thank you for the outstanding review!

We're delighted your experience with us was so wonderful! We strive to make all of our guests feel welcome and relaxed during their time with us. It's fantastic our team could accommodate your needs and assist you in any way possible. We aim to please and your praise lets us know we're doing our job!

We look forward to sharing another amazing experience with you soon! Have a lovely day!

Reviewed September 2, 2019

I was in Hollywood to visit my family. I am a frequent Hilton Garden Inn customer but never before at this property. Most of the Hilton Garden Inn's I have stayed in were newer and larger than this property. The elevator was a little small and the hallways narrow. The staff was welcoming and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. The room rate and parking were expensive (because it was in Hollywood). I would probably stay at a property farther away from the Hollywood area next time for the price and to get free parking like I get at all other Hilton Garden Inns.

Date of stay: August 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
AlfonsoT507, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2019

Thank you for sharing your review, Jim.

We're glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. It's pleasing to hear you enjoyed our clean, comfortable rooms and friendly staff! We truly value your feedback regarding our elevator service. We'll take this into consideration as we move forward to improve for the future.

We look forward to hosting you again next time you're in town. Have a wonderful day.