“Excellent complete room!”

Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles/Hollywood
Ranked #67 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Our first visit, completely renovated in March 2012 when it became a Hilton Garden Inn. Rooms were cozy (= smaller) but extremely comfortable. Very comfortable king bed, squeaky clean bath with Neutrogena products. Room equipped with mini-fridge, microwave, coffee maker, flat screen TV, good work desk and chair. Our room overlooked the back so very quiet. Yes, we could hear others coming and going in the hall but not a big deal. Buffet breakfast $12 but included fresh fruit, yoghurt, salmon, quiche, eggs Benny and all the usual hot/cold cereals, pastries, coffee, juices. The $16 breakfast adds pancakes, waffles, French toast and made-to-order omelettes and all were delicious! The breakfast cook knew what he was doing and worth the money. Yes, parking is valet only at $32 a day, come and go as you please, and very friendly. Traffic and parking was nuts so I was fine with the valet handling it. Best of all was the service...front desk day or night, valet, breakfast attendants, even housekeepers were very friendly and extremely helpful and professional. I would have no problem returning here in future visits.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mjant45
Scott C, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles/Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Thank you for providing such positive feedback on your stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles/Hollywood. Your comments and suggestions will be shared with our team members so they know that their hardwork does not go unnoticed. We look forward to having you return to us in the future. Thank you for being part of the Hilton family of hotels.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,393)

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Being our first time in LA/Hollywood, I was having a tough time picking a hotel. My choice finally came down to the reviews on Trip Advisor -- I didn't only read the good reviews, but also checked on the negative ones. The Hilton Garden, at the time of my search, did not have one negative review of the hotels that I looked at!! I also took reviewers' suggestions about asking for a room on a higher floor in the back of the hotel for a quieter room -- excellent advice! Our room was on the 7th floor and we did not hear a sound! To be honest, it was the best sleep I've had in a long time! The hotel is nicely decorated, comfortable and clean. Our room was a bit on the small side, but offered alot (fridge, microwave, hair dryer, desk/chair, etc.). The water pressure in the shower was great. The staff is very nice. We ate breakfast at the buffet a few of the mornings and the food and service was very good. The hotel has valet parking; however the $30 nightly fee is a bit steep in my opinion, which is my only complaint. I put my faith in the Hilton brand and was not disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank moosebian
Scott C, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles/Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles/Hollywood. We are very happy that we were able to provide you with the service standard and experience travelers have come to trust with Hilton and its family of hotels. We know you have many choices regarding hotels in the Hollywood area and we thank you for your loyalty! We look forward to having you return to us in the future.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I am coming to the area next weekend with my son and based on reviews, I am choosing this hotel. Not because of all the positive reviews (they helped); but because someone from management actually took the time to respond to comments which I have rarely, if ever, seen. Using my business travel points, my decision was between this hotel and Holiday Inn Express next door and that was the deciding factor. Way to go Hilton!

I will update my post after my stay!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your posting on TripAdvisor regarding your upcoming stay with us. We are very happy to see that our ratings and responses on TripAdvisor were the deciding factor in your decision. If there is anything we can do for you during your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us! We look forward to having you stay with us.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Hotel was perfectly suitable for our needs. Hilton staff was very accommodating and helpful in every area of need. Lorraine at the front desk deserves extra recognition for going out of her way to look after us arranging flat rate cabs and helped us decide which tours and booking them..thx Lorraine, you def were our fave front desk lady;) The recommended Cab driver Caesar was a godsend who took great care of us. Happy to call him our friend and will recommend him to all as well.

All the front desk staff was very polite, friendly and helpful. I will mention that I wasn't aware of a concierge available at hotel until the day of our 5 day stay check out as I noticed him welcoming another client and helping him out with giving coupons for saving money for tours/attractions. Def would have been nice considering we also went to Madame toussaunds museum and universal studios paying an expensive VIP upgrade price/ a Santa Monica beach shopping tour and a separate movie star homes tour... And paid full price for all. Not a huge deal but would have been nice to know it was available is all.
Had to laugh at the previous review mentioning banging knees off the bed... I did as well at least 3 times. The smaller mattress in the bedframe is deceiving to the eye, something small they could change to help with comfort . The matttess comfort was not the greatest but also not the worst.

It was our first hilton stay and in my opinion The room and bathroom could use some upgrading to be the standard I expected a Hilton hotel should be held to but still not poor accommodations in any form.

Its the staff that make this hotel most comfortable. They go out of their way to be helpful. I valued the great people over expecting absolute perfect luxuries.

The thin walls others mentioned in reviews did not bother us at all.

The location is perfect... Short 2 block walk to hollywood blvd... we walked to and from a few late nights out feeling quite safe.

We did eat breakfast once in hotel and thought it was rather pricey for the amount we actually ordered ... Flat rate regardless of amount you ordered. This trip I travelled without my husband and 3 children... If I had... No way we would have enjoyed the cost of breakfast there. The chef was quite friendly/accommodating as well...that wasn't unnoticed;)
Again have to say the staff was fabulous!

I'm just pointing out small ways to possibly provide future customers with an even more accommodating stay.
I will DEFINITELY recommend your hotel to everyone I know for future travel to Hollywood.
Thx for your help with having a wonderful first time trip to Hollywood Hilton Staff;)

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Newaderfurder

Thank you for providing such positive feedback on your stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles/Hollywood. Your comments and suggestions will be shared with our team members so they know that their hardwork does not go unnoticed. I am sorry that are concierge didn't make himself more visible during your stay. We look forward to having you return to us in the future. Thank you for being part of the Hilton family of hotels.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

this was in a great location for my needs. the staff were extremely friendly. the room was nicely appointed, but extremely small. the furniture, though nice was crammed in to the room and i kept barking my shin on the corner of the bulky platform bed. the main problem was the lack of sound insulation and the design of the hallway-claustrophobically small and the room entrances on top of each other. unfortunately, some people were up at 5 am, going in and out of their rooms with loud slamming of the doors, conversations, etc-they sounded loud enough to seem like they were in my room! so much for sleeping in!

Room Tip: perhaps try the Holiday Inn Express just down the block
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Scott C, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles/Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles/Hollywood. I am sorry to hear that our lack of noise insulation spoiled your opportunity of sleeping in. If you decide to return to us, please let me know so I may place you in a room on the top floor in which there will be no guests above and disturbing you at 5am!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I stayed here with a friend on a recent trip to Hollywood last Wednesday, February 6th. We were going out that night around Hollywood/Highland and decided it would be best to stay somewhere close.

Staff were friendly from the beginning. Roman at the front desk was extremely helpful. Our favorite part of the hotel was the excellent service we got from Bryan at the bar. We stopped in for happy hour (great deals and free apps!) and liked it so much that we returned for the 3 course dinner before going out! Bryan was very attentive and friendly even when we weren't sitting at the bar top--this man needs a raise! House wines were good, and the grilled chicken & tomato soup were phenomenal for being served at a hotel!

Rooms are on the smaller size, but that can be expected in this area. Decor was updated and pleasant. Valet was $30 per night which was slightly steep, but if you know the area, you know you can't expect to find anything cheaper. Breakfast on site was more expensive than we thought it was worth, so we went elsewhere.

Within very reasonable walking distance to Chinese theater, Kodak, El Capitan, etc.

Would definitely consider staying here again!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Andraea F
Scott C, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles/Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Reviewed February 10, 2013

My daughter and I stayed in this hotel during a visit to LA to see colleges. The main reason I chose it was that I was able to use my Hilton points to stay for free. Little did I know how great the location would be. Only 2 blocks from the busy Hollywood/Highland corner, the hotel provided us easy access to public transportation, entertainment, and restaurants. In my opinion, the access to transportation was by far the largest benefit to us. We were able to go as far as downtown LA/USC and the Santa Monica pier, as well as all points in between, all on a $20 a piece metro pass!! Who would ever think you could get around LA that cheaply?! My biggest tip to tourist travelers is to get that $20 7-day pass. It was available at the easy-to-use kiosk in the Hollywood/Highland Subway station. We were also able to ride several different bus lines along Hollywood Blvd, all with very close stops due to the plethora of tourist attractions at that corner, ie, Grauman's, Madame Tussauds, etc. Also convenient is the Hollywood/Highland center with it's many restaurants and shops. The Sweet! Candy Store is crazy fun and there are great views of the Hollywood sign throughout the 3 story complex.
Back to the hotel...one thing was evident immediately: the friendliness of the staff. Over the course of 5 days we were wished a good day and welcomed back EVERY single time we traversed the lobby. Check-in and check-out were efficient, questions were answered pleasantly, and smiles were always present. The staff of the bar and restaurant were super friendly and efficient, as was the housekeeping staff. The room was basic and small, but clean with nice amenities: a good cable line-up, comfortable duvets, a very comfortable ergonomic office chair and a minifridge and microwave. Maybe one tiny criticism I would have would be the sheets; a higher thread count would be nice. The ones now are pretty hard and rough. I will also say that if you pay for the breakfast it is pretty pricey, in the area of $15. As Hilton Gold members ours was included each day and was fantastic; made-to-order eggs, meats, pancakes and waffles, as well as wonderful fresh fruits and the full array of ingredients for European-style bagels and salmon. The entire dining/serving area was also always spotless.
I am a simple, budget-minded traveler who's primary needs are comfort, convenience and safety. I don't mind public transportation or walking 2 blocks to get to it. Yes, we passed a homeless person or two on that walk several of the times. But it was on a sidewalk next to a busy street and we never felt threatened. This is to be expected in a city like LA and as usual one must be smart about how they travel. If you wanted a taxi I am sure the hotel would be happy to summon one for you at your convenience.
I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone wanting a convenient location in a comfortable, suburban setting when visiting LA.

Room Tip: The back side would be preferable--these rooms are away from the road and have a suprisingly tranqui...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business