“Exceeded my expectations”

Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles/Hollywood
Ranked #64 of 352 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Situated in a good location, only a block or so walk to Hollywood Blvd and Metro. After a long drive we were greeted by a very helpful concierge. During our 8 night stay we found the staff (including the valet parking attendents) to be absolutely wonderful. They provided excellent customer service and found them to be very helpful and polite with any directions or enquiries during our stay.
The hotel provides a good buffet breakfast and dinner, and found the bar attendant to be very professional and friendly. There is a laundry situated on the second floor that is not expensive to use, and while your on that level, just outside there is a swimming pool and a relaxing spa.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Scott C, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles/Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

Thank you for providing such positive feedback on your stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles/Hollywood. Your comments and suggestions will be shared with our team members so they know that their hardwork does not go unnoticed. We look forward to having you return to us in the future. Thank you for being part of the Hilton family of hotels.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles/Hollywood

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Excellent location in Hollywood. Within walking distance of Hollywood Bowl and Hollywood Blvd. Great staff, expecially Anthony at the front desk. Clean rooms, nice business center, and good breakfast choices.

Room Tip: Back side (west) is quieter and has a better view. Try for 7th floor.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Scott C, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles/Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Pros
- Great Location - only a 5 minute walk to Hollywood Boulevard, Chinese Theater, subway station etc
- Friendly and helpful staff
- Great buffet breakfast
- Rooms are very well sized and refurbished

Cons
- Bathrooms could do with updating - water pressure in showers wasn't very good

Overall a great experience. We were able to check in early after a longhaul flight, which was much appreciated in our brain-dead state! The staff were especially nice here and had great suggestions on transport etc.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for providing feedback on your stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles/Hollywood. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the water pressure not being strong enough. I am working with our maintenance team to resolve this issue. I hope on your return trip to the area, you will consider staying with us again!

Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

After a long drive through BAD traffic, we were treated with friendly service throughout the hotel. We were welcomed with a friendly, helpful chap who really took the time with us (long story, but we appreciated the thought and extremes he went to, just to make us smile, wish I remembered his name!) the room was very spacious and clean and the Bed was very comfortable! Breakfast was lovely every morning.

It was super close to the walk of fame, the chinese theatre and the night spots along this main walk.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: July 2012
Scott C, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles/Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed here to attend a concert at the Hollywood Bowl. It is the perfect location for walking to the Bowl. Valet was $30/night, pricey in my opinion, but it was very convenient and staff was friendly. Upon checking in, staff was friendly as well. I was given a key to a room on the 7th floor. When I opened the door, it was clear that the room was occupied by someone else. Luckily, they were not in the room. Back down to the lobby I go and was given a key to a room on the 5th floor, right by the elevator. As I attempt to open the door to that room, it will not budge, feeling like it is locked from the inside. At this point, I am thinking this must be some kind of joke. Another trip to the lobby. The manager on duty said "Oh, that room. I will open the door for you." Huh?? So he takes us back up to the room and tells me I have to pull the handle up instead of pushing down for this room. Ok. Would have been nice to know when you gave me the key. Door does appear to have some other issues. Gap on the bottom. Anyway, what should have been a 2 minute check in took at least 20 minutes.

Room decor was nice. Bed was one of the most comfortable I have slept in. Too bad it was one of the noisiest hotels I have ever been to! I don't know if it was because of the door issues or what, but I could hear people up and down the hall all night. Every door slam and every time the elevator stopped on our floor I could hear the bell. Even the traffic outside was really loud. I did not expect that. One of the other hotels I stay in all the time for work has a train track 100 feet from the hotel with trains going through all night and that is less noisy than Highland Ave.

I was comped breakfast for the room trouble, which was $17. Ok fine. Just your typical buffet type food that most other hotels give you for free anyway. For the price I paid for this room, I expected a better experience. I am a Hilton Honors member and stay at their hotels as often as possible. Don't know if I would stay at this particular hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face Highland, maybe you could avoid some of the road noise.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank 3farmboys

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Hollywood. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the issues you had experienced. The issues you have advised us will be looked into and resolved immediately. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you should you find yourself in the area again.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Located very centrally for the walk of fame, sunset blvd and Hollywood bowl. It was a short drive into the hills to get a snap of the famous Hollywood sign and only about 3.5 miles away from The Grove mall and farmers market (we walked there in under an hour).

The hotel itself was very clean and comfortable and the staff were friendly and polite. Parking was a bit on the expensive side at $30 per night, but it is LA. Complementary wifi in the hotel was quick and reliable. On the whole it was ideal for our requirements and we would recommend it.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Scott C, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles/Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Reviewed November 12, 2012

My family and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Hollywood. The staff was absolutely wonderful and started out by letting us check in early for the day. We had been on a long flight so it was good to be able to check in, put our stuff down and kick our feet up for a half hour or so before we ventured out. The concierge Alex was great and gave us some coupons and tips for the nearby attractions. We went out for the day and hit up all the touristy type stuff and really had a good time. We were able to walk to all of these places since the hotel is literally just a block or so off of Hollywood Blvd. I would absolutely stay here again and would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in the Hollywood area. Very close to the Metro as well which makes getting around a lot easier. We were able to walk to the train that got us to Universal Studios which made that trip very easy. The only issue we had was that when the air conditioning turned off in the hotel, we could hear things in the hall and everything seemed loud in the room. Needs to be some kind of white noise in the room to help dampen the other noises.

Room Tip: No views of the Hollywood sign...but you can walk down to the Hollywood and Highland center to see i...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family