Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles/Hollywood
$289
  • Pool
Hotel Angeleno(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$309
$181
$99
FourPoints.com
  • Pool
The Westin Los Angeles Airport(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$152
Westin.com
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$210
$360
$339
  • Beachfront
1,440 results
All reviewsgreat locationwalking distancevalet parkingchinese theatrefront desk staffuniversal studiosper daywould definitely stay here againtwo blocksdolby theatresunset blvdstreet noisevalet servicesanta monicabeverly hillsfamehollywood
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We booked to stay at the Hollywood Heights hotel but found out that it had undergone a name change and moved to the Hilton chain prior to our arrival. We never received any correspondence about this so only found out by chance and it's a good job we did as we would have been driving up and down North Highland Avenue for the entire length of our stay looking for the Hollywood Heights!
The hotel is conveniently located in Los Angeles and is only a 5 minute walk from Hollywood Boulevard; in fact you can see the famed Hollywood sign on your approach to the hotel. It is also a ten minute drive from Universal Studios, 30 minutes to Disneyland, 30 minutes from Santa Monica Beach and 2 hours from Seaworld at San Diego.
We only ate once at the hotel and this was a breakfast which I thought was a little bland. Being English I don't quite understand the way Americans serve bacon and thought the bacon I recieved was tasteless and cold, and the sausages also lacked taste. There were teas and coffee's on offer but all the teas were 'fancy' and not a basic brew so I declined. There were also croissants and other pastries as well as fruit and cerial.
The room was clean and well maintained although a little on the dark side but nothing to really complain about. The bathroom was a reasonable size and the shower was warm and powerful. The extractor fan was not working and when we complained about it, the on site engineer could not repair it and we were offered a room change. The hotel provided complimentary wi-fi and there was tea and coffee making facilities in the room along with a fridge, iron, , large TV, hairdryer and a microwave (the hotel sells a small selection of consumables at the reception). There is also a Starbucks, pizza joint and Subway just across the road.
The major negative was the obligatory valet parking charge which is a whopping $30 per night. I would rather have paid $10 to park and parked the car myself. All the more galling when you learn that when the hotel was the Hollywood Heights the valet parking charge was $20 and the hotel next door is also $20. And sadly, I have to say hiring a car to get around Los Angeles is essential as public transport is poor.
The staff were ridiculously friendly and courteous.
I would still use this hotel again but negotiate with your travel agent to get free parking.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Forrest1559,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles/Hollywood. We are always looking for suggestions from our guests to improve the experience while staying with us. My apologies that our breakfast selections weren't to your likings. Due to limited parking spaces, we offer valet parking for the convenience and safety of our guests. In addition, parking is a premium amenity in our area a parking surcharge is necessary to keep non-guests from parking their vehicles and causing inconvenience to our guests. I look forward to seeing you in the future and if I may be of further assistance to you, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

My last-minute decision to attend a conference in Hollywood had me searching for a hotel near the conference venue and (although the reviews were mixed) the price was right and the location was within walking distance. The room was clean, nicely furnished, and appeared to have been recently redecorated. All in all a fair deal. My timing was bad because there were 150 high school students from the Netherlands in the hotel concurrent with my stay; so the two small elevators were overwhelmed and the hallway door slamming seemed to go on at all hours of the night. I guess I'll check next time to make sure I'm not on the youth hostile floor.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank BeachSeekerCA

BeachSeekerCA

Thank you for your candid response regarding your recent stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles/Hollywood. We went through a major renovation as we switched brands from the Hollywood Heights Hotel in March. I am happy to see that you liked our conversion. My apologies for the group of kids we had on our property which created some inconvenience for you. I will work harder with my team to make sure any future groups be placed on the same floor so they do not disturb our other valued guests.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

I found this hotel on Yelp while driving from Ventura to LA and decided to take a chance. I was very nervous, but the price was within our budget and the reviews looked promising. The hotel ended up being very nice, and our room was modern and updated. Onsite parking and close location to a great sushi restaurant made this a worthwhile stay!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MaryinMilwaukee

MaryinMilwaukee,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles/Hollywood on your recent visit to the Hollywood area. I am delighted to see that you had a more than satisfactory experience with us. If I may be of any assistance to you in the future when you return to us, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Stayed here on the first two nights of our honeymoon before going onto Hawaii, Florida and The Bahamas. We stayed in July 2008 when it was called the Hollywood Heights Hotel. I would describe this as a comforatble hotel not luxurious like we normally go for but it was literally for a quick LA stopover. The location was fab and staff were faultless. Concierge arranged our sightseeing trip and we encountered no problems. If I return I would probably stay somewhere of a better star rating but if you are lookibng for a quick stop over in a good location at a cheap price this is great.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sarahlou_wilson
Scott C, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles/Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

sarahlou_wilson,

Congratulations and I am happy to see that you had a more than satisfactory stay with us at the beginning of your honeymoon. As you are aware, we converted from the Hollywood Heights Hotel to the Hilton Garden Inn recently and hope you like the changes. Our staff is consistently striving to exceed the expectations of our guests and I would like to express my gratitude for your feedback regarding them. I look forward to having you stay with us in the future!

Reviewed June 12, 2012

I had a recent four night stay at this Hilton Garden Inn property. The hotel seemingly offers a bit more luxury than the economy hotel choices in the area. My check-in was a bit problematic because the front desk agent couldn't find my reservation, even though it showed up on my Hilton Honors profile and was booked by a Diamond desk agent. I also showed up a little past noon and they were unfortunately unable to accommodate an early check-in. The hotel itself seemed to be putting the finishing touches on their reservations with some basic touch-ups completed while I was there.

The room itself was standard sized for a major American city, which means it was larger than most standard European and some Asian hotels but smaller than a suburban American room. Room was decorated in standard contemporary Hilton Garden Inn motif of warm earth colors. Bed was comfortable and adjustable to some degree. I had no problems with the free wi-fi. The flat screen TV had some basic cable offerings but disappointing on some specialty channels that I find more often than not in most hotels of this calibre. Room fridge temperature was barely adequate but it's a common trait for mini-fridges. There was decent closet/drawer space to settle in if you're there for a longer stay. Bathroom stocked with Neutrogena and Bath and Body Works amenities and water pressure was fine even on the top floor. My only complaint is the thinness of the walls. I had a corner room at the end of the hallway and I was forever hearing door slams and could hear the murmurs of conversation in the adjacent room.

Front desk service ranged from polite/perfunctory to very welcoming --there was an especially soft spoken but helpful woman working on the weekend. Housekeeping in my room was well done and I always seemed to run into friendly cleaning staff in the elevators. I was unfortunately disappointed by the service in the hotel lounge. Staff seemed unable to manage more than 5 tables and people sitting at the bar and I waited almost 20 minutes to be served --only to be told my first and second choice cocktails from the menu were not available.

For those unfamiliar with the area, the hotel is located within five minute walk to the main tourist heart of Hollywood Blvd --Walk of Fame, Graumann's, Kodak Theatre, Madame Tussauds. The Hollywood-Highland metro station is also immediately outside most of these sites. For basic amenitiues, there is a Walgreens (8-10 minute walk) on Hollywood Boulevard or a CVS just south of Franklin on the 6500 block. There are clothing shops and food court type stalls close to the Hollywood-Highland station at street level and in a 5 floor outdoor mall. This hotel is the closest hotel to the Hollywood Bowl, which is a 8 minute uphill but reasonable walk. Tourist chain restaurants are near but you may want to ask hotel staff for a recommendation if you`re eating close by. Sunset Blvd is another 8-10 minute walk.

For transport, we relied on public transport because my friends were intimidated by the freeway system. We used one day passes ($5) for buses and metro --it was slow but we didn`t have any problems getting to where we needed to. For extra ease, we purchased TAP cards so we didn`t have to bother with cash fare or transfers. If you are planning transport using public transit, look for multiple transportation route options --the DASH buses or Burbank link buses were often much quicker (you may have to pay separate fare. Also, I`ve always found LA bus drivers very helpful and accommodating so long as you stay out of the way of passengers getting on and off. If you have a tight schedule, I`d advise you to seriously consider renting a vehicle for the day if you are headed out to Santa Monica, Venice Beach, or even some of Burbank because you will lose a lot of time on the public transit.

As for getting to the hotel from LAX, one of the shared shuttles like Prime Time or Supershuttle is reasonable --book 24 hours ahead for trips to the airport. If you want to go economy, take the LAX Flyaway to Union Station ($7 one way) and take the red line metro to Hollywood-Highlands Station. Taxis don`t bear talking about due to congestion on the freeway. The LUX bus company also does pick-ups from this hotel but the helpful front desk agent warned my friends to be outside 10-15 minutes early because the drivers often don`t go inside to look for people who have made bookings.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank game_misconduct

game_misconduct

Thank you for providing us with your in-depth feedback regarding your stay with us. I know your time is valuable and appreciate the time you put into your suggestions. We just recently converted to the Hilton Garden Inn brand in March and indeed are putting up some finishing touches to the property. Thank you for your patience and understanding while we fully convert to a Hilton brand family of hotels. I am sorry that our restaurant/bar staff wasn't able to fully display their hospitality during your stay. I look forward to your return stay with us and we will surely display the level of hospitality one has come to expect from a hotel bearing the Hilton name!