Rodeway Inn
Loews Hollywood Hotel(Los Angeles)
$279
$249
Savings alert! 46% below average rates

The price you found is 46% lower than this hotel's average rate of $464/night.

Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$289
  • Breakfast included
The Westin Los Angeles Airport(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$154
$134
$252
$236
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $285/night.

$395
$377
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $497/night.

$146
$135
$400
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $495/night.

$124
$98
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $131/night.

Shore Hotel(Santa Monica)
$329
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of $518/night.

$195
$186
Omni Hotels
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $264/night.

All reviewsbig grocery storepanda expressdr philremodeled roombreakfast selectionexplore hollywoodcoffee makerdefinitely stay here againrooms are bigfridge and microwavehollywood boulevarddecent hotellight sleeperpleasant stayhomeless peoplehotel roommelrose
Reviewed August 4, 2011

If you're looking for an inexpensive hotel in Hollywood, with a pool, within a 5 minute driving distance to the Hollywood Walk of Fame (and Kokak Theater, etc.), which is what I wanted, this worked for us. The area is OK (I live 30 minutes from Manhattan, so I know a bad area when I'm in one). It's not suburban, of course, but I didn't stay here because I wanted to walk around this area, I just wanted a place a short drive to the attractions, and which wouldn't cost a fortune. If you can't stay at a hotel where the desk clerk is behind a glass partition, then this is not your hotel. But I had no problem with it (except I wish they had an elevator). Also, free wifi that worked fine.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Argyle
Reviewed July 6, 2011

For the price we weren't expecting much so it was a nice to have a pool, large room, toiletries and good location. There were some quite shady types staying there whilst we were there who were very loud around the courtyard which ruined it a bit but the staff did eventually throw them out.

The breakfast was atrocious! A few stale donuts is definitely not a continental breakfast which was the biggest disappointment of our stay. The room was clean but the dark dull furniture made it look dated and dirtier than it was.

But the staff were very helpful throughout our stay and in particular when we forgot we needed to check out and so were an hour late to check out but they didn't charge us for our idiocy. Would recommend if you're looking for a well priced stay in a good location

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2010

Checked into the Econolodge after staying at the Orchid Suites as we needed something reasonable priced in the Hollywood area. After reading other reviews on this property, thought for the price, it was worth giving a try.

The hotel itself has an interesting layout, with a courtyard pool. Upon check-in, you are met by hotel staff who are behind glass. Needless to say, this was a little disconcerting, as the area is a bit sketchy. Got checked in and was given room 227. The room was facing Vine, with major road noise, due to insufficient windows and proximity to the street. Even with the air conditioner cranked, the road noise was unbearable. Went to the front desk to ask to be moved to a quieter room, but was told that none were available. Went to the grocery store around the corner to buy earplugs in order to sleep. The floor felt dirty, the air conditioner let out a smell of urine and the filter looked like it hadn't been cleaned in years. Not a great first impression, to say the least.

On morning 2, I went back down to ask for a quieter room, for which the staff obliged. In the meantime, stopped for the continental breakfast, which consists of two boxes of dounuts from the store just down the street. It is an Econolodge after all.

The room we were moved into was noticeably better than the previous nights lodging. Newer carpet, larger room, flat screen T.V. and no traffic noise. Truly a different experience from the night before. Not outstanding, but certainly far better than night one.

Overall, this hotel was very reasonably priced for the Hollywood area. If I had the same room both nights, I would have given it a better rating. It is, after all, an Econolodge, and you clearly get what you pay for.

It was an adequate stay, but if I am ever in the area again, I am likely to take a pass and try out some of the other hotels. If you choose to stay there, make sure you request a room away from the street.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 23, 2010

Arrived July 9 for 4 day reservation. There was no one at the front desk to check us in. Had a look around while waiting. Place looked fine as others have commented. Lady arrived and checked us in to room 108. Went to room and it smelled like urine and musty. Turned on air for a while and it was better. Went to the front desk to request an extra pillow and the lady was most helpful...we went to the storeroom and she provided the pillow.

A short time after the wife went to make a coffee with in room maker. She found an old very moldy used coffee filter in the maker. I took the coffee maker (minus the carafe) to the front desk and showed the lady and asked for a different maker. She explained the room had not been used due to a lock replacement issue so that sounded reasonable as to why the filter was that moldy, having been left there for sometime. The lady and I went to the storeroom but she was unable to find an extra. I told her my wife really didn't want to use or have the moldy coffee maker in the room so the lady said she would have it cleaned and replaced. It never was replaced but since wee were busy touring hollywood and universal over the 4 days it wasn't a major issue.

A couple days later I saw a 50.00 usd charge on the visa so I called choice hotels international (ashley) to report the illegal charge. Ashley said hotel has 7 days to respond. I confirmed our home phone number but said we would be on the road for another week..

Arrived home and there was no message from the hotel so I called the hotel direct on July 23 and gave date of stay and clerk was confused why I was calling about a past stay and said to call manager (Karen Anderson).

In the meantime I called choice hotels international to follow up on the file and Sarah said her records show the hotel never responded but also said the complaint is marked "international" and she didn't understand why. She said international complaints have 7-10 days to respond and it has only been 7. She put me on hold to call the hotel direct then came back on the line and said the hotel rep had hung up on her! I asked her to document this as it doesn't seem wise for an employee of the franchisee to hand up on the franchisor! Sarah said she would try to contact the manager later and get back to me. Sarah said to check my original bill as I didn't know the name of the lady who checked me in and had possession of the coffee maker so I did. The invoice indicates Karen Anderson, the helpful lady, had checked us in so it seems that housekeeping hasn't communicated with her or they would know why, and where the coffee maker is.

I am somewhat annoyed that I have had to spend this much time resolving the 50.00 charge particularly as we never had use of it for the 4 days. That is where I am at right now so we'll see how Choice hotels and Karen deal with this.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2010

I had to find an affordable place near Cedar-Sinai as I had sinus surgery scheduled the next day. The manager Karen allowed me to book a room at the last minute. What was really impressive is that the staff took very special care of my elderly dad when I had to unexpectedly stay overnight at the hospital.

Kudos to Above and Beyond service!

• Stayed: June 2010