Days Inn Hollywood Near Universal Studios
Hotel Hwood(Los Angeles)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Saharan Motor Hotel(Los Angeles)
  • Breakfast included
1,568 results
All reviewsbagelsin n out burgergreat locationchinese theatreuniversal studiossunset boulevardshort walkcontinental breakfastper dayparking garagedolby theatrewould stay againcoffee makerihopfamehollywoodstarbucks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Segio O, General Manager at Days Inn Hollywood Near Universal Studios, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We chose this hotel because of its proximity to Hollywood Boulevard. We were not disappointed. Hollywood Boulevard is only a short walk up La Brea Avenue. The room was extremely comfortable and clean and at night was very quiet. The front desk staff were very helpful not only booking our Hollywood trip for us but also explainlng the various bus routes to destinations in the area. The breakfast was adequate for a good start to the day, but if you were not completely satisified there was always the IHOP just across the street. The price was just right for a short stay. I would recommend this hotel to anyone planning a short stay in LA.

1  Thank David L

Hello David;

Thank you for taking the time to give us your opinion about your stay with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our clean rooms. Our goal is to provide clean, comfortable accommodations for a great value to all our guests. We work constantly to improve the quality of our product and services, and to ensure that every experience with us is warm and enjoyable.
We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Hollywood.

Thanks again!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I was worried about staying in LA by myself for four nights. Being a female in my early twenties, it was safe to say my parents were also worried. Thats why I booked this this hotel. It was close ( a 2 min walk) to the heart of Hollywood and had good reviews on here. The staff were lovely and allowed me to check in early, the housekeeping staff always had a lovely smile on their faces and said 'good morning'. It was fantastic, I will stay here again, not once did I feel freaked out and with an ihop over the road and an in and out next door it was easy to duck in and grab a bite. Thank you and i will be telling people at home about this place.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the pool
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jenna P

Hello Jenna;

We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Hollywood.

Thanks again!

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stayed here end of February and as had stayed at other Days Inn thought this would be nice. First off could not pull up to Motel as their vans were parked in the drive. Had to park on a busy street or in to parking garage. Very inconvenient. Checked in and was charged a $10 a night parking fee, something which you don't find out about until check in. Had we known, we never would have picked this motel.
I asked for a room on the first floor as I cannot do steps because of arthritis. first room had steps going to it unless I wanted a tour around the pool. Another room thet gave us was accessed via the elevator but was way at back of motel. Finally got a room right across from elevator. But, room A/C did not work, TV was set to closed caption which would not shut off and no refrigerator as stated on website. Was corrected next two days.
The biggest problem was security. When we got home and unpacked, we discovered my camera and I pad was missing. The only ones in our room while we weren't there was the room attendants and a service man for the A/C. I still have to contact the motels about this but with the attitude of the front desk, I am sure it will do know good.
So if you want or need to stay here, be advised not real handicapped friendly, maintenance not real good, hallwys old and dirty nd security not real good.

Room Tip: If handicapped. choose rooms accessed by elevator. Rooms on front tend to be noisy. Take valuables with you.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Richard B
Segio O, General Manager at Days Inn Hollywood Near Universal Studios, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Hello Richard;

Thank you for taking the time to comment on TripAdvisor. I am sorry we failed to meet your expectations. I think you forgot to mention you reserved the the cheapest room available and we did a Free upgrade for you to meet your needs. I am sorry you encountered so many challenges during your stay and for the first time I must desagree with some of your comments because I was aware of your stay during the entire time. It is the first time I hear about your IPad and your camera and I would love to follow up on this. In the 7 years I've managed this hotel; every incidents has turned out to be a mistake; and I am sure this is as well. Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience; ultimately; my only goal is for you to be happy. Thank you.