“Stay in Days Inn - Hollywood”

Days Inn Hollywood Near Universal Studios
Ranked #120 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Polish first
Glendale AZ
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stayed here end of February and as had stayed at other Days Inn thought this would be nice. First off could not pull up to Motel as their vans were parked in the drive. Had to park on a busy street or in to parking garage. Very inconvenient. Checked in and was charged a $10 a night parking fee, something which you don't find out about until check in. Had we known, we never would have picked this motel.
I asked for a room on the first floor as I cannot do steps because of arthritis. first room had steps going to it unless I wanted a tour around the pool. Another room thet gave us was accessed via the elevator but was way at back of motel. Finally got a room right across from elevator. But, room A/C did not work, TV was set to closed caption which would not shut off and no refrigerator as stated on website. Was corrected next two days.
The biggest problem was security. When we got home and unpacked, we discovered my camera and I pad was missing. The only ones in our room while we weren't there was the room attendants and a service man for the A/C. I still have to contact the motels about this but with the attitude of the front desk, I am sure it will do know good.
So if you want or need to stay here, be advised not real handicapped friendly, maintenance not real good, hallwys old and dirty nd security not real good.

Room Tip: If handicapped. choose rooms accessed by elevator. Rooms on front tend to be noisy. Take valuables w...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Richard B
Segio O, General Manager at Days Inn Hollywood Near Universal Studios, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Hello Richard;

Thank you for taking the time to comment on TripAdvisor. I am sorry we failed to meet your expectations. I think you forgot to mention you reserved the the cheapest room available and we did a Free upgrade for you to meet your needs. I am sorry you encountered so many challenges during your stay and for the first time I must desagree with some of your comments because I was aware of your stay during the entire time. It is the first time I hear about your IPad and your camera and I would love to follow up on this. In the 7 years I've managed this hotel; every incidents has turned out to be a mistake; and I am sure this is as well. Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience; ultimately; my only goal is for you to be happy. Thank you.
Manila
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for a week last February. We were given a corner room at the 2nd floor, at the back and the side of In and Out Burger. I must say that the price that we paid is reasonable (and may be a good deal) considering the location (a few steps from Hollywood). The room is clean and staff is friendly. Breakfast is not something to look forward to being only bagel, oats, coffee and the like. But it is still awelcome addition. The toasters need to be replaced though. And the keeper is strict about the time. The only thing I dont like about this hotel (and maybe of California) is that they employ wait staff who dont understand and speak English. Most of the tv channels are in Spanish too! But Ill consider this hotel again should I come back to California.

Room Tip: get the room farthest from the street; a corner room may be best
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tanya R
Hello Tanya;

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We are glad to hear our locations was the key for your stay. We will be sure on your next stay you find everything to be up to expectations. Thanks again for your comments!
Please come and visit us soon. Our entire staff is ready to make your next trip to Hollywood your best vacation yet.
Belleville
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I absolutely loved this place. Sure, it is a little dated but exceptionally clean. The beds are extremely comfortable and the staff is awesome! We stayed for 8 days and never once had a problem with the WiFi or television. The location could not have been more perfect for our needs. Hollywood Blvd and Chinese Theatre two blocks away. Everything we wanted was within walking distance and the neighbourhood was safe. When we return to LA we will certainly be staying here again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Jade;

Thank you for taking the time to give us your opinion about your stay with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our clean rooms. Our goal is to provide clean, comfortable accommodations for a great value to all our guests. We work constantly to improve the quality of our product and services, and to ensure that every experience with us is warm and enjoyable.
We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Hollywood
Thanks again for sharing!