“Value for Money”

Adelaide, Australia
“Value for Money”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

My sister and I stayed here last September,
My first thoughts of the hotel when we saw how busy the road were "We are never going to get any sleep" I must say, we didn't even notice the noise from the traffic. We were both very impressed with the staff as they were so helpful. We arrived early and the staff were more than happy for us to leave our bags behind the counter until check-in time. We also had a side trip to Vegas for 4 days and once again they were very helpful and stored our bigger bags for us until we returned to the hotel again. I feel the rooms were a little small but hey, they are not marketing themselves as a 5 star hotel so for what they charged we were more than happy. The location was a big plus for us as it was so close to the Hollywood sites and also very handy for public transport. All in all, we had a fantastic stay and would not hesitate to stay there again or even recommend this hotel to our friends and other travelers.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank 1964Dragon
Days I, General Manager at Days Inn Hollywood Near Universal Studios, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Hello;

It was great to have as our guests and glad to hear you had a great time in our City! thank you so much for taking the time to comment on our hotel. We hope to see you back soon! Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Polish first
newcastle, england
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Just returned from a 5 day stay at this hotel. Room was clean, can't complain about that however it was tiny, cramped and stuffy! For 2 adults with 2 full size suitcases we could barely move. The window we had looked out into a corridor! Weird!!!
The location was good for all the Hollywood sights but in my opinion Hollywood itself is a dump and we will never return! The minute we left the hotel to explore we were approached by tramps on every corner.
The surrounding neighbourhood is full of homeless, drug users, alcoholics and all round lunatics. Not a safe place at all.
Back to the hotel. It is secure and we did feel safe once inside. We didn't bother with the breakfast as its very basic but I'm sure it's ok. There was one girl on reception who was so nice. But on the day we left there was another lady on who is clearly in the wrong job. Her attitude for a front desk worker was disgusting! We checked out at 11 and our flight wasn't until late night so we asked to store our cases behind the desk. You would think we'd asked for something outrageous. Everything was a hassle for her. Wrong attitude to have in that job!
So overall, a clean hotel but little in a not so good area.
Hollywood is ok for a brief look at but not to stay. I recommend staying out of Hollywood and just visiting for a day to see the main attractions. Total let down for us after just having the best time in Vegas prior to that.

1 Thank littleclaire23
Hello;
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment about our hotel; our service and our city. I am sorry we did not meet your expectations in any way. I will be sure to bring up your concerns on my next meeting at our local Chamber of Commerce. It is dissapointing to learn that we have come long ways as a City and still have long ways to go in order to make our tourists feel safe while visiting. As far as our service; I will be sure to share this with my department heads and will also make sure correective action is taken. I am sorry to hear you are planning not to comeback but if you ever do; we hope you give us another opportunity to serve you. Thank you.
Chicago
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I stayed here with my daughter for a "girls only" trip to Hollywood. It's very close to many of the attractions and it's reasonably priced. I liked the secure garage ($8 per day) but worth it. We were allowed to leave the car for the day even after we checked out. This allowed us to do more sight seeing before we left. The service was excellent and the room was very clean. The only thing I would mention is our 1 King room was very small and the shower was tight. Still for the price, I'm not complaining!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Shptiludrplb
Hello;

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment about your stay at our hotel. We do our best to make up for the size of our rooms. Our standard Queen and Kings are our smallest rooms as they also are our least expenssive rooms. You may want to ask about our Upgraded Kings or Pool view kings on your next visit specially if you plan on spending time at the hotel. We hope to see you back soon! Thanks again!

Napoleon Salinas, CHA
florida
Reviewed June 18, 2012

The hotel was clean and staff was friendly. There was a breakfast every morning. My husband loved that there was an IN & OUT Burger right next door. We a block away from Hollywood BLVD. My only neg comment is they do not have a washer & dryer. Overall great place.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank fla_susan
Days I, Manager at Days Inn Hollywood Near Universal Studios, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment about your experience at our hotel. We will take into consideration in having a guest laundromat in the near future. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!

Napoleon Salinas, CHA
Harwood Heights, Illinois
Reviewed June 9, 2012 via mobile

Parking lot was underground, but have to have small car. Rooms are cute and clean, lobby clean, pool is clean. Good for its value. Windows in hallway were open which was fine, but some of the opened windows have no screens so bugs were coming in. Area at night was sketchy. Would not want to walk around by myself. around the corner from hotel is a strip joint. One worker named Octavio was excellent. He went well beyond the call of duty to make our stay wonderful. One front desk worker was rude and sarcastic.

• Stayed June 2012
Days I, General Manager at Days Inn Hollywood Near Universal Studios, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at our property. I will share your comments with Octavio and will have a meeting with the office agent you thought was rude. My apologies.

Thanks again and hope to have you in the area soon!
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I WAS AGAINST THIS HOTEL BASED ON THE PREVIOUS COMMENTS...BUT CHOSE IT BECAUSE OF THE LOCATION...I'm glad I did...the room was very clean...comfortable bed...very helpful staff...excellent location...and for people who complained about the breakfast..dont have a cow..Theres an Ihop right across the street..and In and out burger right on the corner...if u take A left on Orange dr from sunset...u will reach the middle of hollywood blvd where the Kodak ..Chinese..and El Capatio theater is located...tons of shopping as well...this hotel is perfect location..and I was very satisfied with my stay..will definately stay here again...

2 Thank MsTexasTy
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 6, 2012

My stay was incredible, from the moment I walked in the door. I arrived very early in the morning after a very long flight, and they were so kind to rush cleaning a room for me. It was around 10 when I got to my room and it was very clean and comfortable. Location, Location, Location, could not get any better. A very short stroll around the corner and up to the hill to all the attractions on Hollywood blvd and then easy access to some really nice places to check out on Sunset blvd.I loved going back to my quiet, relaxing room after a long day out seeing the sights. Waking up after a comfy sleep, I headed down to the complimentary breakfast in a really cute seating area, added so much to my day before heading out again.Great place to stay, don't know why anyone would want to stay at a flashy expensive place when Days Inn has it all and great for small budgets but still want a little luxury.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo