“Good Experience”

Best Western Hollywood Plaza Inn
Ranked #65 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 11, 2014

The staff were very friendly and accommodating! The room was small and outdated. The air conditioning unit was very loud. Cleanliness was definitely a plus. The location was excellent. 2 blocks away from the Walk Of Fame as well as many restaurants. Great Location!!! I would stay there again just because of the accommodating staff as well as the location

There are newer reviews for Best Western Hollywood Plaza Inn

Reviewed June 10, 2014

In the heart of Los Angeles, there are a lot of places to choose from for an overnight stay for us out-of-towners when going to a big-time concert at the Hollywood Bowl. Just down the street from the Bowl is the Best Western Hollywood Plaza. When you walk in you instantly feel welcome and you know you're in the right place. We are very pleased we chose BW for our stay somewhat because it was within walking distance from the concert (important for those of us who don't drive) but also because I've always trusted Best Westerns. After check-in we found our room in order and it was a nice room at that. We did have several loose AC sockets so charging our phones was a bit of a challenge, but not the end of the world. We would have liked a fridge that had a freezer section because since we travel by bus and pack our lunches, it is nice to have as cold a lunch as possible. Again not the end of the world but would be nice. The staff was excellent and helped make our brief stay very nice. I do wish the BW had a coffee shop because we wanted a late night snack after the concert, but the restaurant became a bar in the late evening so we just called it a night, again because we don't have a car to just drive elsewhere. Breakfast the following morning though was excellent! We had a wonderful breakfast and the server was very jovial, too, which put a big smile on our faces. We could not have had a better morning! We were very pleased with our whole trip and the BW made it nearly perfect!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 9, 2014

This hotel is within walking distance of downtown Hollywood and very clean. Friendly and helpful staff on front desk. We didn't use the pool or restaurant but both looked nice. This hotel looks a little dated but is still a great place to base yourself.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

This hotel is within walking distance of the Hollywood Bowl an d within walking distance of downtown Hollywood. The staff were pleasant and courteous and this hotel has a small, but very nice restaurant/bar.

1  Thank Mike P
Reviewed June 1, 2014

The staff was very nice and professional. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. Overall we had a great experience. The parking fee could be a bit cheaper, but was a great time. It was close to everything that we wanted to do.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank M5761AZkimm
Reviewed June 1, 2014

excellent service both at check in and check out and excellent location in the Los Angeles Area. I was impressed with the helpfulness of front desk at the time of check in and also at the time of check out time.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Siroos H
Reviewed May 30, 2014

The title really did some up our stay here. I had read reviews on here prior to and after booking and still wasn't sure what we had waiting for us. Best Western Hollywood Plaza provided a comfortable base at a good price in an excellent location.
Our flight from Australia got in quite early and as expected there wasn't a room ready, the man at reception was a bit abrupt and not too welcoming but we were able to leave our bags. He told us to come back after 11 or 3 . . . still trying to work that out. When we did return at around 12 midday, the lady being the desk told us again a room wasn't ready but found out we would only have to wait 15 minutes so we waited in the small restuarant. She was very friendly and welcoming and within 5 minutes came to tell us a room was ready. From here on, any dealings with the reception staff were fantastic, they were a credit to the hotel. Not sure what happened with the first guy.
Our room on the third floor at the rear of the complex was perfect. Everything you could need was there and staff only to willing to help out if needed. The air conditioner was a bit loud but there was absolutely no traffic noise whatsover. The bed was comfortable and I loved the pillows here, they were the most comfortable hotel pillow I have experienced.
I have read various comments regarding the rooms here, I'm not sure what you expect for the price compared to other hotels in the area. This place has a fantastic location within 5-10 mins of the walk of fame. With so much to do in LA, I'm not sure I want to be spending too much time in my room on holiday anyway.
We didn't make use of the pool but although small it sure did look inviting.
My only issue was with the bill at the end. I booked directly through Best Western website and the price quoted was the price charged, however once we left I noticed the hotel had held two nights accomodation charges as a pending charge on my card. I had paid up front for four nights when checking in. This stayed as a pending charge which meant I couldn't access these funds for over a week. While eventually the fees 'dropped off' and I wasn't charged, the fact that they were held meant I didn't have access to over $300 for a week, and when budgeting for further travel, this made things a bit tight.
Overall though I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again in the future if the issue with the bill was clarified.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back would be quieter although the traffic noise didn't sound too bad
4  Thank Tiny_Chablis