“Comfy bed and good location”

Best Western Hollywood Plaza Inn
Ranked #66 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersBronze level
Australian Capital Territory, Australia
“Comfy bed and good location”
Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

We weren't expecting too much with this place but we were blown away. The beds were fantastic, complete with black out curtains and we heard very little noise.
The staff were great and the location was fantastic only a short walk to the Hollywood Boulevard. Highly recommend would stay there again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Hostalric
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We visited L.A the last week of February 2014, and the first thing you think when visiting L.A for the first time is: where do we take the hotel? downtown? Santa Mónica? We finally decided for Hollywood and the Best Western Hotel and it was an excellent choice. A 10 minuts walk from the Walk of fame and the Subway, desk open 24h, safe area, big room with fridge and microwave.
If you don't have a car don't worry, this hotel is still a good choice. The only thing We miss was a complimentary breakfast and free coffee in the lobby, but you can't have everything.
Since we did not rent a car, we took the hop on - hop off bus and I strongly recommend this if you're not planning to rent a car either.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I stayed there last month, and my personal information was leaked. The theft knew my full name, my room number and my credit card billing zip code. The theft called the phone in my room claimed that there were some system failure. Anyway, I didn't lose any money because I realized this was a fraud right after I hang up the phone. But it wasted me a lot of time calling my bank about the situation. I told the front desk about my situation , the girl transferred my call to they manager's phone where nobody ever answered the phone. I told the guy at the front desk about the situation when I checked out. I was nice that I said I'm not blaming you for this ,but you guys should know that one of your staff is stealing guests' information for fraud. No apologies , no nothing. He's attitude was bad, he said we didn't leak your information. I asked, then why the people know my information, especially my room number that only staff here would know. He said I didn't know. That's it!!! My information was leaked in your hotel and caused me a lot of trouble, would you die if you just say something nice or apologize??? Never, ever gonna stay there in my life! Still angry when thinking of it! HIGHLY NOT RECOMMENDED!!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Scarlett_Ho

Travelers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

Very friendly staff and a great location. Excellent rooms and plenty of parking. Would definitely stay here again and can recommend it highly to anyone looking for a reasonable price hotel and only a ten minute walk from the walk of fame.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hollywood, United States
Reviewed January 28, 2014

For business I found this hotel overall comfortable and quiet, except for Friday night when many people seemed to think it was an appropriate place to party. Also it was night to have a hair drier in the room but it was difficult to make it turn on. I kept having to change the outlet it was plugged into and reset the circuit breaker.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Venice, United States
Reviewed January 28, 2014

The beds are Very comfortable. Nice room. No breakfast. Within walking distance to Hollywood Boulevard where Jimmy Kimmel studio is. Highland Center is close as well. Very convenient to everything we wanted to do in Hollywood and LA. Very nice hotel. Friendly staff. Overall great experience.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Ahmedabad, India
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We had gone there with our group of friends with 18 pax during May 2013.The place is of average quality but steals the show because of its location.Its very conveniently located near the major attractions of Hollywood as the same are just a stone throw away.All the major attractions like Walk of the Fame, Kodak Theater, Chinese Theater are easily walkable from the hotel.But the best part of the hotel was the Spice Cafe which served the best Mexican food that I have ever had.Though most of us were strict vegetarian, they had delicious food for us.Kudos to Brandon and his Sister...Way to go...The rooms were ok and not very big in size.For the price that we paid it was just a poor room but the price is not because of the hotel quality but because of its location.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends