“Quiet and safe”

Ranked #44 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
ontario
“Quiet and safe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012

Having reserved this hotel in advance, the check in was flawless and the two reception fellows very helpful and friendly. The room was not overly large, but quite big enough for a stay in a city. The location was well withion walking distance of the major attractions of Hollywood Boulevard, and we found it quite safe to wander around. The hotel itself is located in a pleasant residential neighbourhood. I'm not too sure what the previous reviewer was trying to say, but actually it is Hollywood Boulevard itself that is a bit seedy, although there is a lot of activity there. Although we had our attractions already booked the hotel staff are readily available to assist their guests in this. Nothing was too much trouble.
The restaurant attached to the hotel is great - although for fine dining a trip outside is necessary . It is a very good coffee shop with quite a varied menu, especially for breakfast.
All in all we had a wonderful time and give this hotel full marks. Thank you Best Western Hollywood Hills.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank euchreman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2012

We were planning thow to see the Cirque show so we decided to stay in Hollywood. We are from San Diego so we know Hollywood is a little rough but we wanted to walk to the Kodak Theatres and see the sites on the way. So we read TA reviews and booked this hotel.

I don't think the parking is free anymore but we found a parking spot right next to the hotel. We were planning to pay for parking but this spot was literally next door. So I think we saved 12.00. The lobby has many pictures hanging of famous actors and was going for the old Hollywood Vibe.

The hotel is in rectangle shape with the pool in the middle. Our room was on the bottom floor and when we entered the room we were surprised with all of the art they had up. It was similiar to the lobby but they had even cooler pictures, some were even new like Harry Potter and old like the Beatles.

We were able to walk all the way to the Kodak Theatres from our hotel and see everything on the way and get some good food. Maybe a mile or two. It was a little seedy until we actually got to Hollywood Boulevard, which is funny to say because the Boulevard is a litte seedy. What I really mean is unlike the Boulevard where there is traffic and stores, where we walked, it did not have alot of pedestrians walking around. If my husband was not there, I probably wouldn't have walked by myself (even though I know I would have because I would convince myself not be a wimp).

I didn't get to eat at the restaurant because we were going to try out this awesome breakfast place down the road.

If you want to cheap hotel close to Hollywood Boulevard this is it.

I am more of a people watcher person so I would probably stay more on the boulevard if I had too this again but that would also cost about about $100 more.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Liberty817
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2012

Travelled to Los Angeles for work and had a couple of nights as free time so checked into this hotel. The staff were very helpful and the rooms clean and comfortable. Located just off the main drag (near the Capitol Records building), the hotel is ideal for a visit to the area. The adjoining diner was good. Good location, friendly staff, clean. The complex is chalet/motel style and the centre point is the good size pool. Couldn't find fault. The free WiFi was good too. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank rubear
Providence, RI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

We stayed here for five nights in Feb 2012. We found the staff very helpful and polite. The rooms were clean. The location is terrific. The price is unbeatable. The 101 restaurant is a funky little diner. Can't say enough about this place. It's a great buy.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank kafkirk
Sutton Coldfield
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2012

Stayed 2 nights in Jan 12 - family of 4 sharing one room. First room allocated in 'Motel' section was clean & spacious enough but right by air-conditioning unit, so too noisy for us. No problem in moving to 'Hotel' section,which was much better. Location good - easy 10 minute walk onto Hollywood Boulevard. Hotel arranged 'Stars Homes Tour' for us with hotel pick-up - Buddy Fun Bus - very good. Diner onsite was the only decent restaurant we found in the area - good value evening meal & convenient for breakfast. Friendly & efficient valet parking. Very helpful Reception desk - nothing too much trouble. Great 'Hollywood' movies theme throughout hotel. All in all this hotel provides good value for money.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Zymotic
calgary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2012

When arriving by car it is a bit of a zoo getting into the car park - not a big fan of the valet system either. Prefer to park my own car! It is close to the main Hollywood attractions but you do have to walk sown the dodgy end to reach Kodak Theater and the hub - however, it is a decent hotel with nice clean room and all amenities you need! Just be prepared for the traffic. There is a nice little market if you walk east on Franklin where you can get a nice coffee and pastry if you want alternative to the hotel's 101 cafe which is also good.

Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CalgaryScot
Milwaukee,WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2012

I stayed here on Jan 28 - 31, 2012. It was my first time staying here so I did not know what to expect. The hotel does a wonderful job keeping everything clean, from the lobby to the bedrooms. I stayed in room 124, which is on the first floor across from the pool. The room was spacious, clean, and very modern looking. The bathroom was big too. The room had a coffee maker, refrigerator and microwave. I was able to get the room for $108 a night. I believe if you have AAA it may be cheaper. The air conditioner worked well. The only problem I had, was that you could hear everything. My sleep was interrupted many times because I could hear the people who were hanging out by the pool area. I could also hear the TV in the room next to me. Room 124 is right by the ice machine. A plus and negative at the same time. Unfortunately, I could hear when people were getting ice. Which kind of stinks when it is 3AM and your trying to sleep. I believe it took us about 15-20min to walk to the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Do yourself a favor, and walk over to the W hotel which is about four blocks away from the Best Western Hollywood Hills, and go to the Metro station and buy a $5.00 subway pass. You can use this all day. Take the subway to Hollywood and Wine where all the action is, and it will drop you off right by the Kodak theatre within a matter of minutes. There is also a outdoor mall. This was very handy when I did not want to deal with the many people laying on the street asking for money. Attached to this hotel is a GREAT place to eat. I highly recommend ordering the chocolate brownie waffle, which comes with two scoops of vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup drizzled on top. A wonderful dessert, enough for two people to share. The batter is nice and light. :)

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
#18 of 348 in Los Angeles
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,049 reviews
West Hollywood
BEST WESTERN PLUS Sunset Plaza Hotel

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Hollywood Hills Hotel? Share your experiences!