“Pretty awful”
Review of Hollywood Hotel

Ranked #53 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Extremely over represented on its website. Location very poor, you wont step out at night for a bar or restaurant, and while we were there there was no bar or restaurant in the hotel. " the staff are off for the holidays " - WHAT? - its a hotel, there to provide holidays.
25 dollars a night to park " you are in the centre of Hollywood sir " - wrong, the hotel is in the centre of an urban residential area , 2 miles from hollywood. The rooms are very basic, the shower cubicle is prison like ( no bath ). No safe, and only a mickey miuse latch to secure the patio door
Despite paying for a week , We spent three nights in other hotels close to what we were doing on certain days to get a holiday feel. We made the best of our holiday as we always do, but would recommend you give this place a big miss.

5  Thank Dale B
Gisel M, Front Office Manager at Hollywood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2017

Dear Guest...

We truly appreciate the candid feedback, and are disappointed to hear about the issues. Your comments will be shared internally and will help us only to improve. Thank you.

Gisel Miller
Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,629)

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Hugo is an awesome cook at the restaurant who made my breakfast super fast and made it taste great. He also greets everyone at the door with a kind "good morning" welcoming everyone into the restaurant. Hugo is what made my stay at the Hollywood hotel a pleasurable one.

4  Thank DaveSak
Reviewed July 12, 2014

We viewed the hotel and also made reservations for the Starline Tour with Cecille. She's tops in terms of customer service. She is so efficient and assisted all customers very well. She deserved to be commended for her knowledge and expertise in handling customers.

4  Thank Edna T
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

The people at front desk where very friendly & helpful. They booked everything we wanted to see, called cab when we needed one & told us about good Resturant to eat. The free Breakfast was more than I expected. Nice patio to relax, clean & Friendly.

• Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank RoseO50
Gisel M, Front Office Manager at Hollywood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Gisel Miller
Front Office Manager

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Stayed here for 6 nights in late June with friends and family. Rooms were big and clean. Front desk was helpful and one lady (name I can't remember now) recommended one Mexican restaurant, which turned out to be very good. Hugo was always there to make us omelets at breakfast. good ones. All and all we enjoyed our stay and Hollywood hotel is good value for the money. Only downside is that parking fee per night is a bit too high.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank lentsu76
Reviewed July 6, 2014

This hotel was clean, staff was nice enough and as other reviewers noted breakfast is really a plus. But... please do not be fooled , this hotel is in the middle of no where. Yes there is a subway nearby, but I personally did not feel comfortable walking the neighborhood. There is nothng wrong with the hotel itself, it is like a standard Ramada or marriott. If you dont have a car not sure i would stay here.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank My3GirlzandCoco
Reviewed July 5, 2014

I stayed here on the 20th of June for a few nights. I was very worried as I had booked this hotel by mistake and read the reviews and how bad it was and desperately wanted to change hotels but I couldn't. I just had to grim and bear it.
To my surprise, this hotel is not nowhere as near as bad as some people are making it out to be. I will not exaggerate anywhere in this when I write this.
Upon arrival, I was greeted by friendly staff who seemed like they wanted to help but I couldn't help but notice the very obvious scent of cigarette smile looming in the seating area of the lobby: this was quite concerning as they emphasized how this hotel was a non-smoking hotel. Not a great first impression of a hotel.
We were quickly checked in and proceeded to our room. I was on the 3rd floor and the elevator was quite slow and both the elevator and corridor smelled of stale the room was very spacious and almost very clean (I found a few peanuts on the floor and some hairs lurking around near the bed.) where the chair was situated, it seems as if someone was banging it into the wall as there were dents in the wall. Although, the bathroom was immaculate. The room was air conditioned, had a fridge and a microwave (this came in handy!) the breakfast here was amazing, a wide variety of food comfy seating, and not to mention very filling and tasty! Sonia was very helpful and friendly whenever I saw her and asking me how I'm enjoying my stay. The internet was very fast, but it kept disconnecting for some reason but it wasn't really a problem as it was so fast! The hotel offers a free gym, swimming pool, and sauna. We used the sauna nearly everyday and we loved it. The hotel itself isn't in a great neighborhood but I wouldn't call it a ghetto. Just slightly rundown. (it's in EAST Hollywood - not West Hollywood) but I always felt safe and was near the metro so I was never too far from the places I wanted to see (Hollywood walk of fame, downtown LA) Eateries near were nice and I loved the Thai food restaurants (it's my favourite!) I was quite disappointed by the lack of onsite facilities available such as a restaurant to have dinner and room service but there were eateries very near so it didn't really matter as it could be delivered to your hotel. Overall, my experience of the hotel was very very average, nothing outstanding about it or terribly bad. I would probably stay here again if I received the same offer I did when I booked it (50% off 5 international nights.) but it was a good hotel and I recommend it to anyone and it's family friendly too!

• Stayed: June 2014