“Best hotel in the area!”
Review of Hollywood Hotel

Hollywood Hotel
Ranked #41 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersGold level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Best hotel in the area!”

The pros:

This hotel has easy access to Hollywood and other attractions and restaurants.

First of all, let me start by saying they do not serve your average "free breakfast" ; they serve THE BEST breakfast you could imagine! From fresh orange juice & lemonade, to omelette, home-made waffles, and a variety of foods. It was my favorite part! Hugo & Elvira were great, friendly, and I liked how they remembered my friend and I after the first day we went. The restaurant area is very nice, as well as the patio area in the middle where the bar is.

The staff is extremely friendly and helpful.

From the front it may not look so pretty, but the back entrance where the parking is, is beautiful! I saw the pool but did not get in, but it's small and private.

The parking is secure, but the gate when you get your ticket is quick to close, seeing as I had to get out because my arms are too short to reach. (short people problems)

There is a convenient shop on the bottom floor towards the parking that is low price. I ended up buying a carry on with wheels for $10 because my carry on broke. I also got sunburned and bought aloe-vera lotion and after-sun gel for under $5!

The beds and pillows were very comfy! The comforter was really nice, thick and fluffy. Bed was stiff, great for my back!

The AC is icy cold! Works perfect, and if it gets too cold and you want to turn it down, it works quick.

The room was very spacious, as well as the bathroom. There is a microwave and mini-fridge available, as well as coffee & a hair dryer.

The cons:

The lower level bathrooms by the front desk were not soo nice. Those looked old compared to the ones in the bathroom.

The room key did not always work when going up/down the stairs, or to the bathroom downstairs.

The elevator move EXTREMELY slow! I used the stairs the whole time because I felt like it was going to get stuck at any moment.

The floor in the bedroom looked clean, but stepping in them in light colored socks, you saw the socks turn dark.

We left the "do not disturb" sign on the handle before my friend and I went out (both of us girls) because we left clothes/ make-up/ hair stuff out around the bed and did not want the room cleaned since we still had not made up our minds, but room was still cleaned, thus, sign was ignored.

Overall, we did explore the city and surrounding areas; this was one of the nicer hotels for the price, great area, excellent staff, nice on the inside. We had a pleasant stay. Would book again.

Room Tip: Streets all over Hollywood area are not great after 9pm. Had room #340 (towards parking lot) & i...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
5 Thank Melissitaaa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (436)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 4, 2014

The breakfast chef Hugo is the shining star of our staying at the hotel. He is the man! The room is big and clean and we enjoyed staying at this hotel.
The pool and the garden inside the building is very neat. And the transportation is very convenient, great location.
The only thing that bothers me a little is the parking fee which is 22$ a night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Bobo G
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Nice hotel with very pleasant service. Well located near Sunset, Santa Monica and Hollywood Boulevard. Excellent breakfast for american circumstances.
Nice pool area.
Only the parking fee (24 dollars a day) is much too high!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank ajcarrie
Seal Beach, California
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Overall the trip was average. But because of Hugo, the breakfast cook, who is the man! ... I'm giving this a very good. He is fast and efficient and does a great job.

Rooms were decent, but old and the soap tray in the shower is broken causing me to cut my knee... And there is a pillar in the middle of the room, which was awkward. There wasn't any power near the desk so I couldn't work in my room for extended periods of time.

Room Tip: Just don't stay in 340, the soap tray is broken and there is no power near the desk in the room.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Shawn B
Norrkoping, Sweden
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We really liked this hotel and we specially liked the hotels breakfast, they have fresh fruits, scrambled eggs och waffles. Our favorite employee truly was Hugo who was nice everyday and made us plain scrambled eggs :) haha. NIce hotel!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank psmicaela
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We booked this hotel as it seemed pretty central and large rooms. Firstly I would like to point out that this hotel has no bell boy/concierge/porter, call it what you like they were non existent which means your responsible for your luggage, so if you are unable or unwilling to take your luggage to your room it will stay in reception. The first room we were given was very spacious but very dated, the bed was on a metal base and would squeak every twist and turn and the lights where difficult to turn on or off and would occasionally flicker, when I explored this it led me to a hole in the wall behind my bed that the light fitting was plugged into, not too safe with a metal bed base i thought, I then looked at other safety issues to find that there was no sprinklers in the rooms just a small smoke detector on the wall. Because of the bed issue i asked to change rooms, the staff were very polite and very helpful and found a room with a less squeaky bed, again though the same safety issues. The bathroom had no ventilation and the shower was long and narrow with a low ceiling that would drip water on you if you stayed in the shower too long or had it too hot. There was no information in the room about hotel facilities we were told were to find breakfast but that was it, it took me 4 days to find the entrance shown in the photo, it is in the parking lot if your interested and I never found a pool. The bar we discovered one night it was dull and dingy and had stand up comics who picked on us and made us feel uncomfortable. Breakfast was good as it was free but the pastries were a bit stale, but fresh eggs were always available. What this hotel needs is life, it is in need of a huge make over it is very tired, grubby, shabby and old. You were supplied tea bags but no kettle to boil water only a coffee machine and paper cups to drink it from. On a good side we had quiet rooms on both occasions seeing as it was on a main road, but were told not to leave to ranch slider open at night because it was a bad area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the rear overlooking the parking lot, it is very quiet considering
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We went early this year to the Hollywood Hotel and it was a nice experience. The room is comfortable and the bed is good for a nice sleep. The breakfast is really good and the service is really polite. They have parking so that is a big plus.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple