“Great stay!”

Hollywood Hotel
Ranked #65 of 354 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Many thanks to this clean and friendly hotel!
Good wifi, great service, parking area... Awesome location too, 5 minutes walk to the metro! We had to stay in Anahiem couple of nights and when we came back hollywood, we stayed here again!

Breakfasts are great thanks to Oralia!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank Jake U

Reviewed January 29, 2014

My family and I stayed at this hotel for a week december 2013. This hotel is fantastic. The rooms are beautiful and spacious with high ceilings complete with a mini fridge and microwave. The front desk service is amazing and all staff are helpful as this was our first visit to Los Angeles. Also included is a complimentary breakfast which is amazing with plenty of choices. My kids are still raving about the omelettes. My family and I will for sure return.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank canukbajan
Reviewed January 27, 2014

My friend and I travelled to LA from Jan. 18-23 for a girl's getaway. Neither of us had visited California before.
We landed at around 4:30pm, picked up our rental car at the airport, and took off to find the hotel. It's about a 30 minute drive from LAX (depending on traffic) and we found it with no issues.
At first, we were a little nervous of the location, but we quickly learned that it's really not a bad area. All of LA is pretty dingy and dirty-ish, so I think we just needed to get used to the big city. We walked as much as possible, and even went 8 blocks on-foot at night to Palermo's Italian restaurant in Los Feliz (amazing food, by the way). Yes there are some homeless people around, but they seemed to be harmless and we were not hassled by anyone. We were totally comfortable leaving the hotel any time of the day or night.
The room was ok (#226)... A little outdated with the floral wallpaper border, but it was very clean and the bed was super comfy. Nothing fancy, but it suited us just fine. Loved the balcony, as well as the fridge/ microwave in-room. My favorite part of the hotel was the staff -- they were awesome! Our first encounter was at check-in with Michael and he was great! Recommended some restaurants, where to find liqour stores, advised about different sightseeing tours, etc. Really good first impression.
My luggage didn't make it to LA with us and was coming in on a later flight. Michael assured me that once it was delivered overnight, they would put my suitcase in the back office until we woke up in the morning. At 7am I called the front desk, and the lady was lovely -- I went down, got my bag, and off I went -- happy camper. No issues whatsoever. Also loved the man working at the gift shop -- he was so friendly and helpful and we enjoyed chatting with him :)
Love, love, loved the breakfasts here each morning! Cooks were all super friendly and the eggs were delicious. Try to go either early or later in the mornings, as it tends to get backed up at peak times.
Pool area was cute and clean, although we didn't do any swimming, since it was a bit chilly.
Hotel location is close to everything. We had Justin Timberlake tickets at the Forum in Inglewood and it was really easy to get there. Hotel is five minutes from the Griffith Observatory (amazing views), less than 10 min to Hollywood Blvd and Sunset, and about 30-40 min drive to Malibu & Santa Monica. Great base for exploring the city. Parking is $22/ day, but well worth it in my opinion.
Overall I would give this hotel a 4 star rating -- it was a great value. Rooms are nothing special, but the friendliness of the staff and cleanliness of the facilties really made it stand out in my mind. Would definitely return and recommend to anyone travelling to LA!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank ElizabethDawn
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Was really surprised at finding such an elegant hotel off the beaten path in Hollywood. High ceilings, marble bath and tile showers, excellent beds and fine breakfast. It doesn't have a restaurant other than the breakfast service, but you can fill up on the many breakfast offerings for the whole day! It has a microwave and a fridge as well as an indoor sitting area with gardens and palm trees - really beautiful. They could have a place to hang towels or robes, and the noise from the light in the bathroom is pretty annoying, but we'll definitely return!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank AriaProf
Reviewed January 20, 2014

After my return from Paris I was fortunate enough to stay at the Hollywood Hotel. My wife and I stayed there while visiting my son at USC (less than 10 minutes away.) While our room was recently remodeled to a modern motif, the decor was most amenable and the bed was super comfortable (we had stayed there before so were able to see the upgrades.) It was nicer than the 4 star we recently experienced in Paris. Obviously I wasn't the only one who felt this way. Many guests I ran into were from various parts of Europe. I wasn't surprised as the Hollywood Hotel is freeway close (101,) 10-20 minutes from many Hollywood and LA attractions including the Hollywood Bowl, Greek, LA Colosseum, Staples Center and tons of fantastic restaurants. The free WiFi was recently upgraded, (I got host IP addresses from 2 carriers.) Had no problem watching NFL.com or Netflix. There was also a secluded pool and a really nice and quiet, interior/outdoor patio lounge you could hang and have a glass of wine. And the best was HD quality TV, as good or better than home! Did not get this in Europe.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the recently upgraded rooms, its worth the extra $ and not much more than the standar...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OC-RaiderFan
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I have stayed in this hotel for many times.. the breakfast is the key where they got customers..even sometiemes you hear "one ommellete per customer" haha a small omellete can make a huge diffrence in other reviews..

when stayed during old weather the airconditioner was turned off to save money.. and it feels a little lack of air in the room.. one time I got a really bad room since it was so cold and I got an upgrade due to the maintenence tech Anibal who requested a better room in my behalf so nice... he was a really nice person got a bigger room and a a bit warm.. since those small devices for warm smalls bad..

anyways you got what you pay... but also the parking lot is akey to keep customers too expensive and when having invitees need to pay each 2 for parking...

Room Tip: make sure you can stand a rom without airconditioner
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank cristhm
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I read wonderful reviews of this hotel prior to my stay. It lived up to my expectations.

The room was fantastic. Clean and crisp. It had a mini-fridge and mircrowave. It overlooked an enclosed garden. The fitness center was perfect. It had a treadmill and elliptical machine that actually worked. Plus free weights. I didn't try the pool (much too cold). But it looked quite lovely.

The complimentary breakfast was AMAZING. Oralia (one of the chefs) made me delicious egg white omelets in the morning. Actually, she made everyone their eggs and waffles in the morning. The hotel could add one more front of house chef to help alleviate guest backup in the morning.

One thing I didn't find out until I got there was that off-street parking is an additional $22/night. The hotel does arrange car rentals if the need be. However, the metro is quite close. Fantastic restaurants are within walking distance too.

A weird thing, for Wifi, depending on where you are in the hotel, you may have to re-establish your connection. I would have to reconnect my phone when I was in my room and when I was downstairs for breakfast.

Also, Vermont Street (the street the hotel is on) leads straight into Griffith Park and past the Greek Theater. Wind your way up to Griffith Park observatory. It is a fantastic way to catch sunset.

It is charming hotel and evokes the romantic spirit of early Hollywood. It is a great price point for all that you get. Stay here!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo