“A step into the Hollywood ambiance of yesteryear”
Review of Hollywood Hotel

Hollywood Hotel
Ranked #55 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Within a day of our stay it was easy to imagine why this at one time was THE hotel of the iconic Hollywood stars. It is beautifully and well appointed in all aspects of the hotel. The traditions of second to none service has been maintained to the present time.The staff are extremely friendly, professional, attentive and skilled in every aspect of service to our stay. There is no word to describe the high level of cleanliness of the entire hotel. Luxurious comfort should say it all. My favourite area was the courtyard but the morning cafe was a perfect way to start a great day; fabulous food presentation and preparation, cheerful service and a pleasing environment.

Access to get to downtown Hollywood is quite easy but it comes with the requirement to be trusting; the subway access station is a two minute walk from the hotel. It is architecturally appealing, clean and safe no matter what hour of travel. An 8 minute ride costing only $1.50 (or $20.00/week unlimited) will take to the heart of all the Hollywood action!

I am giving a definite endorsement to check- in to this wonderful hotel when in Hollywood.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I have a large Yellow lab and they were able to accommodate very well. The room was big and had a balcony. The only bad thing was my balcony was attached to another rooms balcony with no physical barrier between us. Hugo who is the chef in the Kitchen was very helpful and nice. The room was clean and the bed was big but bouncy. I moved and my wife felt it. Only one elevator was working. It had a nice laundry room and the amenities for the price is reasonable. Now the only thing I don't like are the California fees that the hotels add on to the price. The food and the service was great. So over all I would stay there again.

Room Tip: 219 is a large room with plenty of closet space.
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Me and my grandmother stayed 12 nights at The Hollywood Hotel. It was our first time In America. I was dubious about staying here because of the previous reviews. However our stay was fantastic! Our room was clean, and cleaned everyday. We had dry towels and bed made everyday. Beds were very comfy, but a but squeaky, room was good size. our room was facing the car pack, which was quiet.
The breakfast was ok for the first couple of days, but after this it got boring. There was a selection of foods available, but for an English person, the food was different and there wasn't a large selection. Egg was the main choice, but after having this every morning for 3 days it got too much and needed something different. Drinks were brilliant, lots of choice, and nice fresh orange and apple juice.
Good location- very close to 2 metro stations, 5 minute walk. Good food options near, e.g., Wendys, Chinese, Pizza.
Next time I visit LA, I will definatly be staying here again. Would recommend for anyone. Area was not too bad.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the road are a bit more noisy. Would recommend a room facing the courtyard.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Hannah74920475
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We began with the friendly welcome from Cecile who offered to help us with our itinerary. Our room on the third floor was on the courtyard and perfect for our needs. Hugo downstairs made a great omelette and always greeted us at breakfast. Despite being busy, Sonia always took the time to say good morning. The hotel offers easy access to the Metro (Universal and mainstream Hollywood). Bus 704 takes you to Santa Monica pier. We're looking forward to our next stay when in the LA area.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank marvq
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel with huge rooms!
There is also a pool but we never used it during our stay.

Neighbourhood isn't great and realistically you need to drive everywhere. Was about 10 min drive to hollywood blvd (park at highland and hollywood, great spot to see hollywood sign). Taxi cost $20 each way so not cheap for such a short journey!

Best thing was the breakfast and breakfast staff who were really friendly and helpful. Lots of choice and options it's a great way to fill up for the day.

Parking is about $20 a day but worth it as secure and gated private car park.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I travel to LA from Sydney many times a year for work and usually stay for up to a month each stay. I always stay at this hotel mainly due to the excellent and friendly service I received the very first time I booked. The staff member Michael was friendly, polite and was able to give me the time I required with all the questions I had over the phone. I was ringing from Australia and he took the time to explain everything I needed to know. Ever since that experience, I’ve kept coming back!
Michael is still super friendly, polite and helpful and very much a people person. He’s a real asset to this hotel…as is Gisel who was also super accommodating and able to assist me with some special rooming requests. Also, the breakfast and the breakfast staff are excellent especially chiefs Hugo and Sonia who are both simply amazing. Hugo made me the world’s best Cuban omelette every morning…. World Class!!!!! And a super nice bloke!
This is a top hotel! I’ll definitely keep coming back!

Room Tip: I usually stay between 2-4 weeks each visit so a bigger room is always preferred. I was in room 240...
1  Thank Johnny R
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Perfectly located Hotel. Service was really friendly and professional. Five minute drive to Griffith Observatory, 2 to Hollywood Blvd, 10 to L.A. Museum of History. Half hour to Dodgers Stadium! Easy parking. Super comfy beds!!! Great gym. Perfect hotel to return to after a long day of sightseeing!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends