Hollywood Hotel
$199
JW Marriott
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$289
  • Breakfast included
$289
  • Pool
Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$333
$226
Official Site
$282
$276
  • Restaurant
The Westin Los Angeles Airport(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$152
$360
$339
  • Beachfront
2,693 results
All reviewsvermont santa monicaomelettes and waffleslos felizrite aidmetro stationfree breakfastuniversal studiosbreakfast staffgriffith parkfridge and microwaveyogurtbeverly hillshugohollywoodsaunamaidsfame
Reviewed October 1, 2013

This hotel was very clean and the staff were quite helpful. When we initially checked we asked if they could give us a room that would be quiet, as my wife has trouble sleeping. Well guess what they gave us a room that was facing a busy road, and all night we heard sirens going off, car alarms being set off by the noisy trucks that went by. The next morning we asked them to change the room but they offered us one that would have been even noisier. So we suffered for five nights.
The breakfast was excellent every morning and the rooms were cleaned up to par. The location was easily accessible to catch the metro.
I would recommend this hotel if you can sleep through anything.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the street
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Just got back from staying 5 nights at the Hotel of Hollywood and while I'm not disappointed with the hotel I have to say its nothing to shout home about.

Location - I thought I'd talk about this first seen as thought its a big talking point on here and in the hotel. The hotel is about a 10 minute drive from the touristy side of Hollywood and I have to disagree with a lot of people about the area being rough, its not a great tourist area so don't expect bars and shops within walking distance but I wouldn't say don't walk the streets. I never felt scared to walk the streets alone but I can see why some people were. Finally YOU NEED A CAR IF YOUR STAYING HERE!!! yes there are metro stops nearby but public transport in LA is largely useless, if you don't get a car you'll find this hotel to be very isolated.

Room - The rooms are very basic and dated. The wallpaper in our room was starting to lift and there were slight signs of mould in places but you get all the basic amenaties (Iron, Hairdryer, Fridge) and free wifi which is a bonus. If your looking for just a bed and a base in LA then this is perfect for the price. Also ask for an indoor room, the outside rooms look out on to Vermont Avenue which is a very busy road, light sleepers will find the road very loud even in the middle of the night

Negatives - The breakfast is very basic and by our 4th day we had got completely fed up with it. There are 2 chefs at a egg station that do great scrambled eggs and omelettes but because its not a buffet it gets very backlogged and you find yourself queueing for 10 minutes every morning. My other big gripe is parking, $20 a day to park your car at the hotel your paying to stay at is ridiculous, I've never known a hotel charge that much for parking ever.

Overall its a basic 2/3 star hotel that's perfect as a base camp for LA, if your after anything more than that for your hotel then pay the money to go somewhere else.

Room Tip: Ask for an inside room upstairs.
1  Thank EnglishDragon
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We stayed so many hotels in the States and the Europe. And we are sure you are one of the worst 3.

Most staffs were so arrogant and haughty, and they were so impolite. Unluckily, it rained hard in the afternoon of the day we stayed in the hotel. We checked in 10:00p.m. and went to bathroom to wash hands. At that time we realized that the supply of water stopped. I went to the front desk to ask the reason. A staff was so arrogant and said “It is not our fault. It is due to today's rain. If you want to use water, go to another hotel!“ Oh, dear! Go to another hotel?! When we checked in, you had already known the situation, I'm sure. Why you didn't inform it to us? We couldn't understand.

So I asked him to change to the other rooms. Only he said was NO. I myself and the other family members couldn't believe this. We were eager to move but it was past 11:00p.m. So we put up with. We checked out in the early morning of the next day

We often talk to our friends in my country and in the States about your hotel. Saying it was the one of the worst 3 and you mustn't stay there when you go to LA.

Room Tip: Never Stay!!!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Holms11
Gisel M, Front Office Manager at Hollywood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2017

Dear Guest...

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the unsatisfactory experience you had while staying with us. We strive to provide each guest with the best possible customer service and I am truly sorry that we were unable to meet your expectations. We will certainly share your comments with our team in an effort to continuously improve our performance.

Gisel Miller
Hollywood Hotel
Front Office Manager

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Was in Hollywood on Business, We took out a Jnr Suite & Double Room in July 2013 for a week. The rooms are well appointed, clean, the hotel is a classic style, yet it's not dated and looks like new.

The staff were really accommodating & helpful. Roman & his staff were outstanding. no request was to hard, or a problem. The free b/fast was high quality. the only negative was I couldn't take my coffee from the b/fast room in a mug, it had to transferred to a plastic cup...

But when you get 1000 things right, you cant hold it against the hotel for getting one thing wrong. We will be staying again in June / July in 2014, as we got great value for our money.

I would gladly recommend this Hotel for Style, Value & Friendliness.

Room Tip: Any room that looks out over the courtyard.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We have just returned from five days stay at this hotel which we found to be wonderful. We were able to get around really well and see all the major sights from this hotel via the excellent metro system which is just a block away. The hotel is very clean and rooms spacious with a fridge, microwave , iron and ironing board. The reception staff were excellent and very helpful. Giving us a lot of useful information. The breakfast is particularly good especially the waffles. It really set us up for the busy day ahead.
The only down side is that if you want night life or restaurants, there is nothing nearby although it didn't bother us as we stayed out most of the day and were just ready for fast food take out and our beds.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the inner courtyard are good as you have a better outlook than the road
1  Thank Paddy131953