Hollywood Hotel
Hotel Angeleno(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$309
$127
$296
$286
  • Restaurant
The Westin Los Angeles Airport(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$152
$360
$339
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$210
$202
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
2,695 results
All reviewsvermont santa monicaomelettes and waffleslos felizrite aidmetro stationfree breakfastuniversal studiosbreakfast staffgriffith parkfridge and microwaveyogurtbeverly hillshugohollywoodsaunamaidsfame
Reviewed September 29, 2012

When we first arrived at the hotel we were kind of nervous. We walked into an existing argument between a hotel patron and staff. It got really heated. However we were helped in a professional and friendly manner. The parking was well lit and had ample space. The area where the hotel is situated was safe and in a decent area. We did not encounter any problems whatsoever. The hotel was very close to all the areas we wanted to visit like Beverly Hills, Venice Beach, Santa Monica Beach, Walk of fame etc. So we loved the location. The hotel amenities were great like free ice, sauna, pool, Excellent free breakfast and spectacular views of the city on the balcony's. We stayed on the 3rd floor so it was really quiet. In fact we did not notice any noise throughout the entire hotel during our visit. The reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 was that the rooms were kind of small. Beds were very comfortable just like the reviews stated. I have low back issues and slept very good! We had 2 queen beds but the room could of been larger. The bathrooms were small and it had small closet space for clothes. The WIFI connection was extremely slow. I did not bring my laptop and used the hotels which limits to 15 minutes per guest so I had to hustle to get what I needed done with slow connection. Overall the staff was great except for the (hispanic guy I believe that was his race) cleaning the tables in the restaurant area he was kind of short and rude with us whenever we asked him a question. Overall we did have a good experience and would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: If you can afford it get the suite which is bigger and the TV is in a separate room in case one party wants to sleep while the other watch tv.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ma S
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Arrived from Australia 4 hours before check-in time and that was no problem! The staff at the front desk were really nice throughout my 4 night stay. I had ants in my room which I discovered at 10:30 at night, the lady at the front desk organized for someone to come sort it out straight away which was good. They also happily changed my notes for coins to use the washing machine and dryer. The bed was super comfy and big! There is not a great deal of things in the area but the bus and red line are close by which you can take to Hollywood, Universal Studios or to the beach. I would definitely stay there again if I was traveling with others but it's probably not the most convenient place when you're getting around on your own.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Bergaliciousss
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone. The front desk attendees were sarcastic and rude every time I had contact with them during my 2 day stay, in person and over the phone. I was double-charged for my stay and not one person was willing to rectify the situation, I was pushed around from person to person and it was up to me to try and have the problem resolved. It's been days and I still haven't been reimbursed. During check-in, the attendant did not mention any instructions on how to take advantage of the extra amenities paid for when I made my reservation. Overall quality, service, location, and value were terrible and I won't be staying here again. There are many other great hotels in LA, don't make the mistake of choosing this one.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Karina G
hollywoodhotel, General Manager at Hollywood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2012

Dear Karina G

We are delighted you chose Hollywood Hotel during your recent visit to Hollywood and the Ls Angeles area!

I'm so sorry we did not meet you expectations. We know you have many hotels to chose from and we value your business.

I am concerned about the double charge you are claiming and would like to review your folio. Please email me direct at jeff@hollywoodhotel.net with your last name and dates of stay so I may review your folio. If you were indeed double charged, I will reverse the double charge right away.

If you could also elaborate what you meant by "instructions on the extra amenities" I will attempt to answer that questions as well.

Vaya con Dios,

Jeff Zarrinnam, CHA
Hotel Director
Hollywood Hotel

Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Sitting at hotel on our last day here. No facilities - bar or restaurant for evening meal although stated on line. When mentioned to reception the attitude was disgusting - told manager wouldn't see us but to post our comments on Tripadviser and we would be answered there! Hotel isn't within walking distance of any decent places to get food. The trip up Vermont Avenue is intimidating with many homeless people asking for food/money. Having travelled to America for several years and thoroughly enjoying it this is the worst experience we have encountered. Was so disappointed by the way our points were dealt with.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank syoconnor
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I completely agree with Tessa C (20 Sept) in every comment, (except the one about the renovations, I did not have that problem).
The Breakfast was great- we didn't need to eat lunch! They had a great variety, and it was all so tasty.
Service was quite good, we also got to check in early. Although we were pushed to purchase tour tickets through the desk, which we did not take.
Rooms and housekeeping were great.
We were under the impression we would be closer to Hollywood than the hotel actually is, however it was well connected as far as public transport goes. We could catch one bus, just out the front, all the way to Santa Monica beach, or catch the redline into the city and Hollywood. I would recommend this hotel to tourists.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends