“Pleasant Surprise”

Ranked #91 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
Lebanon
“Pleasant Surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2010

Although,upon arrival the location does appear to be less than attractive,the area turned out to be safe and convenient.There are any number of food choices close to the property including a fresh fish place 3 minutes walk away.The quality of the beds,and particular the linens were shockingly high:soft,immaculately clean and comforting;flat screen tv with good cable selection,well cared for room and bathroom,and a can do/hands on/hard working manager Mr.Patel made the experience excellent.I should mention,to be completely forthcoming,that the "continental"breakfast is juice,coffee and packaged danish,which is actually fine for me,but if you need a big breakfast,go to Denny's!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tucson
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2010

We chose this hotel because of its good reviews and haven't been disappointed. Rates are very reasonable for a well situated hotel. The room and bathroom are small, but very clean and recently refurbished with granite tiles in the bathroom. They offer flat screen TV, HBO, free WiFi and good air conditioning which masks the traffic noise from Pacific Coast Highway. We slept soundly.

Added bonus - management is friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2010

I stayed here with my wife and two children (ages 12 & 14) for two nights. I settled on this hotel because I could get a room with two double beds at no additional costs. This is important because I do not like getting two rooms if I don't need to, but we need two beds that are larger than twins. The hotel is nothing special, most of the reviews are accurate enough, so much of what I say has already been said. But I rely on folks adding their 2 cents here at Tripadvisor to make my decisions, thus it is only fair that I contribute as well.

Basically the hotel is clean, the beds were comfortable, as I said the prices was reasonable and I have no real complaints. It is next to a fairly busy road but surprisingly the noise did not bother us at all. Part of that I think was due to the A/C, you know, your standard loud hotel unit. Not complaining about the A/C sound, just saying it helped cover some of the traffic noise. The door looked fairly solid as well and I think that helped with limiting the street noise.

The surrounding area does seem a little rundown but no one bothered us and I didn't feel uncomfortable. There is a McDonald's right across the street and a Jack in the Box next to that. That's good because the complimentary breakfast is barren. Coffee and some packaged danishes. There was a grocery store, Albertsons, about three blocks down, we shopped there for some food.

A couple of other cons: The parking lot was tight, there was no laundry on site (there was a laundry about a mile down the road) and it is a little far from downtown.

A couple of other pros: As I said, the room was clean and the beds were comfortable. Much of the room had seen some remodeling in the recent past. And free internet is always a plus.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank nyrkik
Whitby, Ontario
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2010

Nice friendly staff, clean rooms at a great price with free WiFi, fridge, microwave and newly updated rooms. It is a great value but plan on driving on the freeways to get anywhere from this place. It is actually in Harbor city not LA proper. Although it saved us a good deal of money and it was enjoyable (in Motel standards), we would not stay this far from LA again. If you are visiting around Harbor City I would definitely recommend it for its value. We found a great deal online in downtown LA at a 3 star hotel for $20 more the following night. With gas money, probably came to about the same total cost per night if you include the driving.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fred26
Atascadero, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2010

I was very surprised with this hotel. The room was comfortable and very quite. The bathroom was beautifully tiled and looked new. With reading all the reviews for this hotel I would agree that for the price I paid I was pleasantly surprised with how clean big and quiet the room was. The only negative I have is that the website said coffee maker in the room and there was not one. I am a morning coffee drinker and need one! Other than that the stay was excellent. Staff was extremelly friendly, accomodating and seemed to enjoyed being there, which these days in itself is a "pleasant surprise"!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
North Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2010

We stayed at the Rodeway Inn on Pacific Coast Highway in Harbor City, CA. Recently remodeled, clean rooms, comfy bed with pillowtop and enery saving lights. Quiet A./C as well. The manager, Patel, was very freindly and had a great smile and helpful attitude. We enjoyed our stay there and the price value was great!!! We also were happy to see so many conveniences nearby, easy ride into L.A. beach areas, and a restaurant serving vegetarian dishes about a block away. Easy freeway access too. We enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2010

The rooms were very clean and neat and customer service was great.My name is Darrel greene and I recommend this room.Feel free to contact me about this room darrelgreene@pacbell.net.Thanks

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business