All reviews colorado blvd room was clean the breakfast area within walking distance convenient location free breakfast coffee maker motel inns parking microwave bedding
Selected filters
Reviewed April 23, 2019

The staff on this property is professional and courteous and the hotel is fairly clean & quiet. This location is placed within walking distance to local restaurants and there is coffee nearby. My only complaint with this property is the situation at breakfast. Almost every morning that we stayed at the property, there were items missing from the hot breakfast that you come to expect from choice hotel properties. The seating in the breakfast area is so limited that I has to go back to my room to eat a couple times. Besides the breakfast situation, everything else was great with the hotel.

Room tip: Quiet, Clean, Professional Staff
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Medeles-Esmirna, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Near Old Town Pasadena in Eagle Rock CA, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2019

Dear Traveler:

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! Your comments are very valuable and we'll use this feedback to determine areas in need of improvement.

It was a pleasure serving you and we hope to see you again soon!

Comfort Inn Near Old Town Pasadena in Eagle Rock LA

Reviewed April 22, 2019 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights at this Comfort Inn and found it to be a very good value for the LA area. It was one of the few with free parking and breakfast included. There was a pool and spa but we didn't use them. There were lots of neighborhood restaurants (some within easy walking distance), some where you could get a discount. We found most spots we wanted to visit were within 30 min unless traffic was terrible. The person at check in was very nice as were all the housekeepers.
Our upstairs king room was larger than many and had an easy chair and a desk chair, refrig and microwave. It had been recently renovated with new carpet and tile. The bed was very firm and comfy. The room was fully cleaned daily with fresh sheets and towels. I appreciated having an elevator to bring the bags up and down.
Negatives - the breakfast room is way too small and there is some traffic noise from Colorado Blvd.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you!

Reviewed April 15, 2019

On the positives, this hotel is fairly modern (or at least kept reasonably well maintained to appear so) and convenient if travelling through nearby airports like Burbank.
On the downside, it's a little pricey for what it is, but that's what money-grabbing Los Angeles has become in the modern era. The rooms (at least on the bottom floor) are incredibly noisy and sensitive to noise from the floor above and the outside traffic.
On-site parking is tight, so get in early if you don't want to miss out. Furthermore, housekeeping was minimalistic and the staff manning the reception desk were unresponsive and seemingly uncaring to our occasional requests.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

We are glad you found your room comfortable, however, it appears that we failed you when it comes to customer service. We'll be sure to talk to all our team members to ensure we always provide outstanding service to our guests.

Thanks.

Reviewed April 8, 2019 via mobile

Normally if a place meets the standards of cleanliness and amenities, I’m happy to leave them a good review. Unfortunately, my experience with the staff soured me so much that I strayed from code because of the complete lack of respect and rudeness during our check-in.

I purchased a four night stay through bookings.com for a two bed room for two adults. We had a late flight so I requested to check-in at 3am when I booked online. The request was approved and I received an email saying so. Once I arrived at hotel, I was told there was no rooms available and that I must be mistaken—but imagine being looked at and spoken to like you just suggested the most abhorrent thing imaginable— that’s the tone that I was greeted with. I showed the employee the email and he checked the computer and claimed to see the request but no indication that I specified 3am as opposed to pm. I did specify 3am but understand that bookings.com may not have indicated it when sending the final request which again, I completely understand. My problem is that when I tried to explain the discrepancy just to make it clear that I wasn’t making this up, I was told “Well, that’s a lie.”

He did however call another inn down the road to see if they had a room for us that night—which is at least the minimum amount of compassion. I was already calling the same place but I credit him for picking up a phone and calling for us after insulting me.

The hotel was fine. The rooms were clean. The breakfast was what anyone would expect from a free breakfast— maybe even better cause they had Chobani Greek yogurt. But at this point, I don’t care. Call me bitter. Call me spiteful. I don’t expect to be treated like a princess but if you call your guest a liar, then the least you can expect is a terrible review.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank amnidorl

We are very sorry you may have misinterpreted our front desk agent and thought of his comment as "that's not correct" as an indication of personally calling you a liar.

We are aware that the agent who promised you the early check in of "3" failed to understand that you indicated 3 am and not 3 pm. As you know our normal check in time is at 3 pm and your room is guarantee for that day by 3 pm. An earlier check in would be asking to arrive around 1 pm or even 12 noon on the day we are expecting you. This means that if you needed to check in at 3 am that day then it was necessary to book the night before and indicate a late arrival of 3 am. We are also very sorry that we could not give you a room because our hotel was sold out on that day, however, our agent did assist you in finding another hotel for the night.

In any case we are sorry for all the troubles this caused you and we have already spoke to all our reservation agents so that we can prevent another misunderstanding of this sort.

Thanks.

Reviewed March 28, 2019 via mobile

Made arrangements for an out of town visitor for my organization to stay locally the staff at the Comfort Inn was very, very accommodating. Thank you! They made it very easy for us to pay for the room and someone else to check in.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Traveler:

It was a pleasure serving you and we hope to see you again soon!

Comfort Inn Near Old Town Pasadena in Eagle Rock LA