Best Western Plus Glendale
Hotel Angeleno(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$309
$127
$296
$286
  • Restaurant
The Westin Los Angeles Airport(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$152
$181
$99
FourPoints.com
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$210
$202
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Shore Hotel(Santa Monica)
$360
$339
  • Beachfront
All reviewsbreakfast roomyogurtdecent breakfasthot breakfastthe los angeles areafloor roomclean roomsla areaeasy accessbusiness travelercleaning staffpleasant stayconvenient locationshort stayminute drivefree breakfastfree parking
Reviewed November 5, 2011

I was on a budget and was looking for a place to stay while in L.A. Fortunately, I found this place at a very reasonable price. Arriving late at night I notice the parking lot was FULL. I mean, my car could only move in one direction as the cars were too close to one another. They may have had a group staying in the hotel that night. The check-in clerk was nice and showed me where to park (in between two handicap spaces that said 'NO PARKING'). I was worried I would get a ticket but the clerk said it's only for one night.

The room was nice. It had all the basic necessities one needs. I like how there were a lot of TV stations and the Internet connection was fast.

Early in the morning I went down to get breakfast and the room was very small. Food selection was ok but opted to eat at a restaurant that served breakfast.

I toured L.A. for the day and upon my return to the room it was clean. HOWEVER, I realized the cleaning staff took all my soap away and forgot to replace them. So at 10 p.m., I went downstairs to the lobby and asked for soap. I got a facial soap (as that's what was left). I had to use this small facial soap in taking a shower.

Anyway, I gave this place a Very Good rating because the room was overall comfortable, the price was reasonable, and it was close to the freeway (to get to where I want). What I didn't like was the parking, breakfast, and the fact they forgot to put soap in my room.

I'd still stay here if money is tight or I want to save. By the way, if you plan to use the pool it's very small.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank TRTW
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Rooms were nice with refrigerator and microwave. The continental breakfast could have been better. I was able to print my boarding pass from their computer in the lobby and they did not charge a fee. Beds were very comfortable. They are right next to the on ramp that takes you to LAX, and yet you do not hear any freeway noise from the room. (which was nice!!)

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank lindyhopper63
Reviewed June 4, 2011

This property is located at the insection of CA 134 & CA 2, which makes it convient
to get around, but also means there is some highway noise which may bother
some customers.

Pros:
Clean Room
Centrally located to Northern LA Attractions (Pasadena, Dodger Stadium, Hollywood)
Good continental breakfast.
Friendly staff
Cons:
Price
It is a Motel not Hotel
The Motel is not all non-smoking, you must ask to be away from smoking rooms.
Pool is not heated as the Best Western website claims

I asked the front desk staff about the reported "bed bugs" from another post, they reported that an inspection was performed by a pest company but found none. If there are any confirmed cases of "bed bugs" the hotel discards all bedding and mattresses and performs deep clean.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank AZ_Traveler1900
Reviewed May 25, 2011

Avoid this place like the plague! Not only is it well past its prime, but our room was infested with bedbugs. I was attacked by bedbugs, so I called the desk, and showed the night manager the many bugs in my bed as well as my bites and the bloody sheets. She sent us to another room, which was not made up. We finally got a third room and after another shower spent a fitful, basically sleepless night. The bites were severe enough that they required medical attention when I returned home, certainly not what I expected.

I understand that bedbugs can infest even the most upscale hotels, but I expect the management to deal with problems quickly and competently. It took many e-mails and unreturned phone calls to the manager to finally get a vouchefr for a free night. This was not satisfactory to me, so I called the Best Western customer relations department and was credited with 20,000 points. I thought the points were in addition to the free night, as I would never have accepted one free night for the pain and inconvenience I suffered. When I tried to use the voucher at a subsequent stay at another Best Western, I learned that the Eagle Rock had cancelled it. So much for taking care of customers.

There would have been no amount of money I could have been paid to stay in this hotel had I known I would be eaten alive by bedbugs. I thought the voucher plus the points was barely satisfactory, but by that point I was tired of the weeks of hastle. I guess the Eagle Rock management thinks letting you stay free if you're attacked as I was is enough. If you're willing to be bitten by bedbugs to get a free night (and that only after persistent phone calls and e-mails), the Eagle Rock is the place for you. Otherwise, I suggest you find someplace else. Almost anywhere else would be an improvement.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
10  Thank DCH47
Reviewed October 9, 2010

Located just off major highways, so at night we could hear traffic, plus every time the room upstairs flushed the toilet, it was super loud in our room, A/C was also loud. The mattress was sagging in the middle, so it was not very comfortable. Room was dated but clean, very good water pressure in the shower. Front desk staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast room very small. Breakfast choices not the best we have had but not the worst. They did have batter to make your own waffles but we did not have any, coffee was very good. Pool is the smallest I've ever seen at a hotel. Of the 4 hotels we stayed at over the 8 days we where in CA this was definitely the worst place we stayed.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple