“Not worth the price.”

Ranked #84 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Tucson, AZ
“Not worth the price.”
Reviewed June 4, 2011

This property is located at the insection of CA 134 & CA 2, which makes it convient
to get around, but also means there is some highway noise which may bother
some customers.

Pros:
Clean Room
Centrally located to Northern LA Attractions (Pasadena, Dodger Stadium, Hollywood)
Good continental breakfast.
Friendly staff
Cons:
Price
It is a Motel not Hotel
The Motel is not all non-smoking, you must ask to be away from smoking rooms.
Pool is not heated as the Best Western website claims

I asked the front desk staff about the reported "bed bugs" from another post, they reported that an inspection was performed by a pest company but found none. If there are any confirmed cases of "bed bugs" the hotel discards all bedding and mattresses and performs deep clean.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank AZ_Traveler1900

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Turkish first
Chula Vista, California
Reviewed May 25, 2011

Avoid this place like the plague! Not only is it well past its prime, but our room was infested with bedbugs. I was attacked by bedbugs, so I called the desk, and showed the night manager the many bugs in my bed as well as my bites and the bloody sheets. She sent us to another room, which was not made up. We finally got a third room and after another shower spent a fitful, basically sleepless night. The bites were severe enough that they required medical attention when I returned home, certainly not what I expected.

I understand that bedbugs can infest even the most upscale hotels, but I expect the management to deal with problems quickly and competently. It took many e-mails and unreturned phone calls to the manager to finally get a vouchefr for a free night. This was not satisfactory to me, so I called the Best Western customer relations department and was credited with 20,000 points. I thought the points were in addition to the free night, as I would never have accepted one free night for the pain and inconvenience I suffered. When I tried to use the voucher at a subsequent stay at another Best Western, I learned that the Eagle Rock had cancelled it. So much for taking care of customers.

There would have been no amount of money I could have been paid to stay in this hotel had I known I would be eaten alive by bedbugs. I thought the voucher plus the points was barely satisfactory, but by that point I was tired of the weeks of hastle. I guess the Eagle Rock management thinks letting you stay free if you're attacked as I was is enough. If you're willing to be bitten by bedbugs to get a free night (and that only after persistent phone calls and e-mails), the Eagle Rock is the place for you. Otherwise, I suggest you find someplace else. Almost anywhere else would be an improvement.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
10 Thank DCH47
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 9, 2010

Located just off major highways, so at night we could hear traffic, plus every time the room upstairs flushed the toilet, it was super loud in our room, A/C was also loud. The mattress was sagging in the middle, so it was not very comfortable. Room was dated but clean, very good water pressure in the shower. Front desk staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast room very small. Breakfast choices not the best we have had but not the worst. They did have batter to make your own waffles but we did not have any, coffee was very good. Pool is the smallest I've ever seen at a hotel. Of the 4 hotels we stayed at over the 8 days we where in CA this was definitely the worst place we stayed.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travelwithme70
Lancaster, California
Reviewed August 22, 2010

My wife and I stayed here when our price was accepted on Priceline. I was able to upgrade to a King size bed at no additional cost. The room was a bit dated, but had a large flat screen tv, refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. The bed was fairly comfortable. The down sides to the room was that there was a huge mirror on one wall, next to the bed. This might be a plus for some, but I didn't appreciate it at all. Another down side was that the air conditioning had to run all night to cool the room down. Suggestion would be to arrive early if you can, and turn it on before you go out for the evening.

Breakfast-I have seen reviews that were positive. We did not have that experience. Yes,they had waffles, toaster waffles. not fresh. The breakfast room was very small with minimal seating. There were guests there that took up all the space and I had to reach around them often to get food that I had left on the counter. They ran out of decaf coffee, orange juice and the milk was hidden in the refrigerator. We would have had a more relaxing and enjoyable breakfast somewhere else, but since it was included in the room price, it was okay. Went to IKEA in Burbank later and got a good cup of coffee there before shopping!

I would probably stay at this motel again, it was quiet, despite being right next to a freeway, but would probably skip the breakfast.

I didn't have a need to use the WiFi so I can't comment on that.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jmullins762
Twin Cities
Reviewed June 2, 2010

Overall, this hotel is in a busy area...but it wasn't too bad. My only complaint was needing the computer for my work. It is for customer's use (sitting at the front desk)...and the employee at the front desk always has it facing towards them so they can do stuff on it. It got a little old constantly having to ask them if I could use it...since I am paying for it. Nice & deep pool, good sized hot tub. Breakfast is pretty bleak...but better than nothing. The hallways are outdoor hallways, but it helps that they have an elevator. If you are looking for a decent stay and an affordable rate, this place will do!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Parabiago, Italia
Reviewed September 2, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Best Western in Glendale, LA, for three night and have only just checked out.
Our experience was overall good. We rented a car in LA, so we needed a parking lot at the hotel. At this BW, you'll have it complimentary.
We were given a room right above the breakfast room. It was spacious enough for two and clean (I'm not a great fan of carpet, though). The only downside is the air conditioning: it is not adequate and really noisy. Wi-fi connection worked well and the breakfast was good: they'll serve you waffles, bagels, toasted bread, cereals, eggs, fruit and coffee, tea and milk.
There is a swimming pool but it is tiny, we never used it anyway.
Being right off a ramp, the hotel is well connected to other points in town.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Vale23
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed July 21, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nites. The hotel was clean, comfortable, good location that had close proximity to get into LA. Front desk staff was very Friendly & helpful any time we spoke with them. It was the only hotel I was able to find that had free parking anywhere in LA, which came in handy. The hotel did have a pool, but we didn't get the chance to check it out.
We were not a fan of the room decor - mirrors EVERYWHERE, on every wall! The air conditioning was adequate at best, and we spotted a cobweb (complete with spider) in the bathroom shower window.
Overall we would probably stay at this hotel again, should we come back to the LA area, and would recommennd this to others, with the knowledge this is a cheap & cheerful property that will give you a place to sleep.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
Regency Inn Los Angeles
#83 of 351 in Los Angeles
Embassy Suites by Hilton Los Angeles Glendale
Hampton Inn & Suites Los Angeles - Glendale

Been to Best Western Plus Glendale? Share your experiences!