“Terrible, don't stay here!!”

Staybridge Suites Chatsworth
Ranked #125 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
Arizona
“Terrible, don't stay here!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2010

When I checked in, the front desk girl gave me the wrong room number. After multiple trips to the front desk to obtain new keys and having the maintence worker check the door, we found out the hotel room was already occupied! The poor lady was scared to death. The front desk girl wrote down the wrong room number. This hotel is dirty, located in a terrible location next to run down apartments and strip malls. The free breakfast was worse than Dennys. Don't stay here, I will never stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Temecula, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2010

I purchased this on Priceline and paid a pretty good rate. It was pretty far away from where we had hoped to be staying, but since it was a weekend traffic on the freeways was not a huge issue. We checked into the hotel pretty late about 8pm on a Friday evening. The lobby was very quiet, I could hear music playing but no one greeted me at the at the front. Finally a woman came up and her name was Ria. Ria was so rude and so unfriendly. I told her I was with my family and we had a four year old. She told me I needed to sign this paper which was basically saying that if we were given any warning for noise we'd be asked to leave, there is NO warning and we'd be charged instantly for $300! My concern is that I have a 4 yr old and he could possibly make too much noise or jump up and down and I wouldn't be warned? Of course I'm going to try my hardest to keep him quiet but she was so rude about it. She had little to no personality and if she is the 1st person I'm going to be greeted by Staybridge needs to rethink their personnel! I have no other complaints about the hotel; room was very nice, bathroom was very clean, beds were comfortable and we had Free Wifi. My only complaint about the room is that in the living room area, the curtains don't close only the blinds close and the top blind was missing or broken so the light from outside was shining into the room all night!

I would for sure recommend this hotel, I'm just hoping Ria can learn to treat people better. She told me many times that we could not "party" in our room...last time I checked I'm 36 years old with a 4 year old, I'm pretty sure there was going to be no "partying" in my room!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2010

SEAN HASHEMI is the Operations Manager here and not only was he not friendly, but he had an-real attitude. The real problem is that this is a franchise location, so basically he knows the "buck" stops with him. The corporate office has no real power over franchises.

We requested towels and they provided (2) for a family of (2) adults and (2) toddlers. Mr. Hashemi stated their independent policy is to provide (4) towels in the room and only (2) additional, until the used towels are collected. Are you serious? I have never heard of this type of policy. They put a hold on your credit card for damages, so do they really think people are going to run off with their (6) towels? It is obvious that his title is a cover for his holding as an owner.

Next, their pert run area was full of dog waste, that had no been cleaned in days. Furthermore, they had wood that was laying in the area that had nails sticking out.

I can go on further, but really it is a waste of time. I'm sticking with the Residence Inn.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank thedancelfamily
Los Angeles
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2009

A month long stay reduced to two days and the worst experience I've ever had in business travel for the past twenty years. The terms were never honored, I was bullied to leave and threatened when I complained. Very bizarre staff, definitely not for children. Owned by the Intercontinental group which oddly won a customer service award last year. I'd never stay there again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank MiraleLosAngeles
Stevens Point
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2009

I have just read some of the reviews on here and am totally upset by some of them that sad this place is filthy and bad service. This hotel is EXCELLENT and very clean. I am a disabled traveler who is in a wheelchair and when my room was booked by a production company,I was not booked into a wheelchair accessible room (not the hotels fault) Upon checking in and going to my room, I noticed it was not an accessible room and called the front desk. They were actually sold out of accessible rooms but the manager called me right back and said one of the rooms occupant was advised of my problem and was wlling to change rooms with me. The room was VERY clean, the service was EXTRODINARY.. The "sundown service" on Tues, Wed, and Thursday nights were good. The food was avg but filling. The buffet breakfast every morning was wonderful. Take my word for it. It is an EXCELLENT property, clean (as of matter of fact, the carpets were steam cleaned while I was there, as were the drapes,and furniture) I highly recommend this pproperty.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2009

I traveled with my 93 year old grandmother, my handicapped dad, my mom and my 8 year old son to visit The Getty Center and The Villa.
Finding somewhere to stay was a chore due to the vast difference in ages and needs. With some trepidation concerning travel time between destinations, I chose the Staybridge Suites more because of the conversation I had with the desk clerk, Patricia than anything else. She was so sweet and helpful and put up with my multiple phone calls and answered any question that I came up. She even made sure that we had a 2 bedroom queen suite on the ground floor so that we didn't have to worry about navigating any uneven surfaces or stairs.
After I made the reservations I started to worry if I had done the right thing renting a room so far away from The Villa, it turns out that I did exactly the right thing. Chatsworth was about 30 minutes or less from The Getty Center. There are tons of great places to eat on Ventura Blvd and on North Topanga Canyon Drive as well as two of the best malls on the way to the Staybridge Suites that The Valley has to offer. In the morning we drove straight out Topanga Canyon and including a short wait for road work we were in Santa Monica in a little over 30 minutes.
The suite had two bathrooms, full kitchen, large bedrooms, with a common living room. there were three large desks in the suites and each room had its own T.V. with honest to God T.V. stations, not some hotel station that asks you buy cable. Nice, clean, thick towels, nice bedding all the goods.
The price of the room also included a full breakfast and a sundown beer and wine bar where a light meal was served. We sat around the pool while my son swam and enjoyed the evening with other hotel guests. There was actually a masseuse giving FREE massages to the guests! What? It's true. The staff was so nice and friendly that even the guests were calm and happy. Not one rude word. Not one raised voice. Imagine that. Seems like a long time since I've been anywhere without someone asserting themselves. Sigh.
Yep, I will stay here again and never, ever, ever stay in Beverly Hill or Santa Monica again. This place is too well situated and the neighborhoods are quiet and clean.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Gypsytraveler09
Mansfield, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2009

FIrst off, I had to change my non-refundable, no change reservation due to a change in my work schedule. The manager sean, went out of his way to assist me and I was able to change my dates to another week.

This is an extended stay location and to try to compare it with HOtels is not a fair comparison.

My suite was clean and quiet. I was on the fround floor and never heard anyone above me or to either side. Previous posts mentioned noise from trains but I never heard a train. Previous posts mentioned that this was an iffy part of town but it was a very good location. I felt very safe here.

Staff members that I came in contact with were always pleasant and willing to assist. I did not take advantage of the breakfast buffet but it looked good. THey do have a simple dinner 3 nights a week.

Adequate business center with two computers and a printer/copier.

IF I am ever in this area again, I will be staying here.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business