“Very Pleasant”

Ranked #127 of 350 Hotels in Los Angeles
Mansfield, Texas
“Very Pleasant”
Reviewed June 27, 2009

FIrst off, I had to change my non-refundable, no change reservation due to a change in my work schedule. The manager sean, went out of his way to assist me and I was able to change my dates to another week.

This is an extended stay location and to try to compare it with HOtels is not a fair comparison.

My suite was clean and quiet. I was on the fround floor and never heard anyone above me or to either side. Previous posts mentioned noise from trains but I never heard a train. Previous posts mentioned that this was an iffy part of town but it was a very good location. I felt very safe here.

Staff members that I came in contact with were always pleasant and willing to assist. I did not take advantage of the breakfast buffet but it looked good. THey do have a simple dinner 3 nights a week.

Adequate business center with two computers and a printer/copier.

IF I am ever in this area again, I will be staying here.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank trisha7882

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Los Angeles
Reviewed April 6, 2009

I stayed at the Staybridge after booking a room through Priceline at $50 per night. Room was very clean and quite spacious. Nice brunch included in price. Friendly staff persons who actually called me at my room to ask me how everything was so far. Free high-speed internet. My only complaint is that you can hear everything from your adjoining neighbor's walls. My neighbor had his t.v. on all night long. I called the front desk and they sent security to his room quickly. Sure enough, I could clearly hear security knock on his door and hear him say, "hello, hello?" He did turn down the t.v. for awhile but in about an hr., turned it back up. In all fairness to Staybridge, I am a light sleeper and they did try to get him to quiet down. I can't imagine what the noise would have been like if this person had decided to have a party at his room! If they added insulation to the walls, this would be the perfect place to stay! Bring your white noise machine, if you're a light sleeper.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
lawyergirl07
Reviewed February 22, 2009

I booked my room on Priceline and scored at $50.00 a night! Woo Hoo...more drinkin money for the Cowboy Palace (an awesome Honky Tonk bar a few blocks away).

I arrived at the hotel lobby around 6pm and was greeted by the Hotel Desk Supervisor and another friendly young lady. Check-in was a breeze. Quick. Easy. Painless. The Superviser advised me that there would be a $50 hold on my credit card for incidentals. Pretty standard. I informed her that I may be extending my stay one more night. I was very clear in asking if another $50 charge would be applied to my card for the second day. She CLEARLY stated that the orginal charge would be held over for the next day if I informed the front desk before 11am. I explained to her that with the amount that I travel, I already have about $550 in holds from hotels waiting to be cleared and I needed to avoid any more. She laughed and assured me that I would be charged only that once.

Well, I opted to extend my stay another night and called up the front desk. The call was answered by a very rude guy. I told him I had extended my stay. He told me that I needed to bring my ID and credit card to the front desk. Uhhhh...ok...why? Apparently, because it was a different transaction on Priceline he needed to charge the card again. I was upset and told him that I didnt appreciate the different stories. He got sharp with me and said "Thats just the way it is." I was clearly pissed off and may or may not have said something really mean back (tee hee). THEN, to make matters worse, they outsource the housekeeping to an outside company, so I wasnt even able to get housekeeping to come and give me new towels or to empty the trash.

Will I stay here again, yes, more than likely. The hotel rooms are like little apartments and its really close to my Family's house. All I can hope is the little grouchy dude at the front desk gets run off or something.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank lawyergirl07
california
Reviewed February 14, 2009

i was a little apprehensive coming to this hotel based on some of the reviews I read. boy was I surprised! this hotel is fantastic. The staff were all very friendly and accomedating. The room was VERY clean and much bigger than I was expecting. I booked my room through Priceline for a great price...$60! I was thrilled with my stay here and would book here again.

Stayed February 2009
1 Thank snsdmt
NV
Reviewed December 20, 2008

I wrote a review of this hotel in March of 2007. I had hoped to find, during my recent stay, that some improvements had been made to the property since then. Sadly, that's not been the case.

This property is really showing its age. The rooms need a complete overhaul, starting with the carpeting which is still absolutely FILTHY. My family's socks were blackened from walking on it. Several times during our stay we were woken in the middle of the night by a clunking-type sound that originated from the fridge -- that was annoying. Overall, the place (probably because of its age) just seems dirty. New paint inside the rooms would help, as would fixing cracked bathroom floor tiles and such.

Most disturbing (though not the hotel's fault) was when, at 9 p.m. on a Saturday night, a rowdy group of people toting cases of beer began pounding on our room door demanding to be let in. Obviously they had the wrong room (though they weren't inclined to believe us, at first), but it just proves that the property is being used as a party place, of sorts, by some of its guests.

Because we visited over the weekend, no maid service of any kind was provided. So we had to be very thoughtful of how many towels we were using and how dirty things got, etc.

I'll likely stay at this property again in the future but only because of its close proximity to friends and family in the area, and other lodging choices are limited -- but not because I actually enjoy staying at this hotel.

• Liked — It's just about the only reasonably priced place in the area
  • Disliked — It's filthy and rundown
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
west hills
Reviewed December 14, 2008

A great place to stay! Elegrant and pretty with friendly staff to help. Great food . Plenty of amenities in the suite full kitchen with granite counters and a sofa bed in the livingroom internet service 2 TV,s outside a heated outdoor pool jacuzzi, excercise room and laundry room. I will highly recommend this place for a short or long stay a home away from home.

Stayed December 2008
1 Thank ReinaBogaloo
Houston
Reviewed May 2, 2007

In more than 20 years of travel for business and vacations, I have never experienced anything like the terrible service I received at this hotel. There were more problems than I imagined could be possible in a four day stay. The management was incompetent and the staff unresponsive. I would stay in my rental car before I would stay in this hotel again.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — This is an awful hotel.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank HoustonDavid