“Everything I'd hoped for and more”

Staybridge Suites Chatsworth
Ranked #127 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Came down to visit family with our dogs and they'd just updated the hotel. I was expecting the same old one room average place, but was happy to find a contemporary three-room suite with a fully functional kitchen, stocked with basic utensils. The kitchen was perfect for cordon off the dogs when we left (bring a gate). It's unusual to find a place that allows you to leave the dogs in the hotel when you leave. There's also a nice lawn for them and there's a back area that has bags for picking up. I chose the place because it's near our family, but also because it had a hot tub for my wife and a pool for my kid (which is nice when it gets hot in the valley). They also had a pretty nice free breakfast with eggs and waffles, and some evening meals during the week, though I didn't partake in those. Everything was clean and everyone was friendly. I especially appreciated Sobe (from Egypt), Rhea, and Rob (perhaps the happiest desk person I've ever met).
Okay, so it's clear I was very happy. No place is perfect, so here are some of the cons:1) No elevator for a third floor can get tiring, but Sobe helped carry our luggage. 2) It can get pricey during the week. Found a $98-110 during the weekend, but it shoots up to over $130 during the week. Be sure to use your AAA discount if you have one! Also join their IGH or IHG rewards when you book so you can get a few perks. The pets cost $75 for 6 nights, which is a reasonable cost, but shoots up to $150 for 7 nights.
Otherwise...
I recommend this place highly if you have to be in the Chatsworth area. Also, check out the Simi Valley Big Sky dog park if you have dogs.

Room Tip: Just know that pets are in the back building. There are a bunch of buildings, so call them, especia...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Chatsworth isn’t exactly a get-away destination, but this last Sunday night I had to stay in the area for work and figured this would be a great opportunity to review a new hotel. The area immediately surrounding the hotel is a bit intimidating, but once you’re in the parking lot the cleanliness and inviting design of the hotel helps set your mind at ease.

The hotel lobby was very clean and well designed, and you feel like you’re in a ‘nice’ hotel. The check-in staff was very friendly, but a little too talkative….a five minute check-in I get at most hotels was 15 minutes here. They also ask you to fill in a bunch of personal information that most hotels don’t require (and I’ve stayed at a lot). To their defense, I was exhausted that day, a bit grumpy and not really in the mood for conversation.

The hotel is laid out ‘motel’ style, so you typically need to drive over to and park near your room. I ended up staying on the second floor of a three story building, which ultimately I ended up regretting. A colleague of mine stayed on the floor above me and the floors of this hotel creek like an old farm house. I could easily hear basically every step taken above me, and it woke me up several times through the night. If I stayed here again I would insist on a top floor room (pro tip).

The rooms themselves are surprisingly modern and comfortable, laid out with a separated kitchen/living room area and bedroom. Although I was only there for the night, I found myself wishing I had more time to spend in the room. Everything seemed to be brand new. The bed was also very comfortable…despite the squeaky floors and a car alarm going off in the middle of the night (meh), I ended up sleeping fairly peacefully.

Prices are on the higher side for the area, but it’s worth the additional cost if you absolutely have to stay in Chatsworth (lucky you). The hotel is also conveniently located nearby the Northridge Mall, so there are tons of restaurants and shopping a short drive away. If you get fast food cravings, there is also a Del Taco within easy walking distance right next to the hotel. I was disappointed however that there were no bars within walking distance.

Room Tip: Pick a top floor room! The squeaky floors are like a old mansion!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Chatsworth, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear bmwatson33,

Thank you for leaving a comprehensive review, highlighting not only the bad but also the good. We are so pleased you liked the fine design of our hotel lobby and the friendliness of our staff. We're sorry for the experience you had with the noise that did not live up to your expectations. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we offer to our guests. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 4, 2013

the general Manager Sean is rude, disrespectful, and arrogant. I caught him snooping around my room. he was trying to start my computer and i think some of my food was not where i left it so i threw it out because i was creeped out by the whole situation. when i asked him why he was in my room he said he was the manager here and he can go thru any room at anytime.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
15  Thank Nancy O
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Chatsworth, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear Nancy O,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to North San Fernando Valley, CA.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Comfortable relaxed place to stay when in the area. The staff is super friendly and concerned that you are pleased with all aspect of your stay. Free packing and shuttle to the airport is wonderful. This is a wonderful place that you will enjoy!! VERY CLEAN

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 9, 2013

The rooms are nice, newly renovated. Kitchen is small but adequate. Free parking with lots of space. Restaurants within walking distance. Try to get the first floor rooms if you have lots of luggage as you will have to hand carry them all as much as three floors up, no elevator.
Great rates for the location, one hour from Universal, Disney, downtown LA, Camarillo Outlet Mall. and two hours from Six Flags.
Great rock climbing 5 minutes from here also nice for a little nature walk (mostly rocks). I have stayed here months at a time because I feel at home here.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less AC noise but if you have a lot of luggage then stick to the lower levels.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Krishan G
Reviewed January 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights with another couple in a 2 bedroom suite. We got 2 very nice bedrooms - spacious and nicely decorated - plus a living room. This suite was a great bargain. We all slept very well - it was so quiet, and the blackout curtains were a nice touch. The kitchen was clean, and fully equipped. One exception - we are coffee addicts, and there were no coffee filters for brewing the coffee we brought with us. But the complimentary breakfast was great. Fresh fruit, too. We left a remote control for our ipod dock there, and the staff is sending it back to us. We really appreciate service like that. We would definitely stay at the Staybridge Suites in Chatsworth again, and highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Hotel was a lot nicer than expected. Room was very nice and very clean. Room included a fridge w/freezer, stove, microwave, sink, shower with tub, roomy closet, two tvs, one dvd player. The living room couch was comfortable and a great place to chill and watch movie. Bedroom very comfortable and could be closed off from living room. Shower nice and hot and adjustable shower settings. Staff was very friendly.

Cons, walls were very thin so could hear everything going on in room above us and we could hear every time someone was walking around in the room above which didn't allow for sleeping in or getting much sleep at all.

Room Tip: get a top floor so you don't have to hear people walking around at night or early morning.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple