“Best value out there!”

Ranked #229 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Los Angeles, California
“Best value out there!”
Reviewed September 29, 2010

I came to visit my family in Chatsworth and stayed at the Ramada. I made my reservation online because of the price and didn't expect much. But to my surprise, It was a wonderful experience. The staff was very friendly/welcoming, it was an extremely hot day when I arrived and the the front desk offered me a free bottle of cold water. The room was spacious, the beds were comfortable, and they even offered a free continental breakfast. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
INDIO, CA
Reviewed August 28, 2010

I had stayed at this hotel for 6 years whenever we visit relatives and friends from our old area. I called & got a 2 night stay @ a very reasonable rate and within a few hours my relative calls and says they will be coming in the following week instead. Within 24 hours of making the reservation, I called to cancel.......and was told it was a special rate so you can't cancel. I have never canceled in the past. After I was told No, I called the Hotel's Headquarters and was told that this is a franchise owner and they cannot force them to do the right thing. We finally gave up and went down there for 1 of the 2 nights, but will NEVER stay there again. On the following week, we came down and stayed at the Airtel Hotel which was also quite reasonable. Owners of the Ramada need a Business course and should be better at filtering out the real Jackoffs as opposed to their true customers. What jerks............NEVER AGAIN! I will continue to tell everyone.......

Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GRUMPY69061
ramadachatsworth, Manager at Ramada Chatsworth, responded to this review, February 2, 2017
Dear guest,

We truly regret the unpleasant experience. It sounds to me like this was a third party prepaid reservation, the cancellation policies are a bit more strict. I would like you to contact me so I can investigate the matter further. I would like to thank you for your business of 6 years, I hope that during those 6 years you have stayed with us you have had a positive experience. I would like to ask you to consider staying with us again if that is the case.
Kind regards,
Bibian Medina

Travelers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed April 23, 2010

Even though this hotel is 20 minutes from our parents house we always stay here. Sure there are closer hotels, but we just love this hotel. The hotel is very clean and very quiet. The front desk is always very helpful. We plan on staying there next time we come to California.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank happy_feet86
Austin, Tx
Reviewed April 16, 2010

My wife and I were visiting family in Northridge, CA but we couldn't find any that accepted our small dog with out charging a fortune. Fortunately we found this one only 5 minutes away, they only charged $10 extra. We were impresed by the size of the room, there rooms are bigger than most hotels we've been to. The staff went out of there way to help us, they even let us check out late at no extra charge.
We highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 4, 2009

Due to some unforeseen issues, we had to book a room at the last minute. Had someone else book it for us through Priceline and they ended up getting us a great rate at this hotel. When I called up to confirm the reservation with the front desk staff, they said they hadn't received the Priceline confirmation yet but were more than willing to put in our special requests (bed size, non-smoking) in for us anyway. Once we arrived, they had our room ready to go.

Taking a chance on a hotel we've driven by hundreds of times worked out well for us!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Phoenix
Reviewed October 19, 2009

I can't in good conscience write a full review of this establishment as my initial check-in experience caused me not to stay there. I'll bullet-point the reasons I chose not to stay:

- Trash strewn in the parking lot
- Absent front-desk clerk (watching TV in another room until I called for some assistance)
- Lackluster service - the clerk was uninterested and apathetic
- Foul odor on the 2nd floor in the second building
- Broken door or broken room keys, I don't know which. After hauling my luggage from the front desk to the room two times and back again because the door would not open, I did not particularly care what the problem was.

The overall feel of the place is run-down and dingy. For a last-minute one night stay it might be sufficient, but I was looking for a week long stay for business. If any one of the above gripes had been the only issue I would not have thought twice, but when I start making laundry lists of what's wrong it's time to look for somewhere else to spend my time.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business