“Very pleasant staff.”

Ranked #229 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Very pleasant staff.”
Reviewed April 23, 2010

Even though this hotel is 20 minutes from our parents house we always stay here. Sure there are closer hotels, but we just love this hotel. The hotel is very clean and very quiet. The front desk is always very helpful. We plan on staying there next time we come to California.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank happy_feet86

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Austin, Tx
Reviewed April 16, 2010

My wife and I were visiting family in Northridge, CA but we couldn't find any that accepted our small dog with out charging a fortune. Fortunately we found this one only 5 minutes away, they only charged $10 extra. We were impresed by the size of the room, there rooms are bigger than most hotels we've been to. The staff went out of there way to help us, they even let us check out late at no extra charge.
We highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 4, 2009

Due to some unforeseen issues, we had to book a room at the last minute. Had someone else book it for us through Priceline and they ended up getting us a great rate at this hotel. When I called up to confirm the reservation with the front desk staff, they said they hadn't received the Priceline confirmation yet but were more than willing to put in our special requests (bed size, non-smoking) in for us anyway. Once we arrived, they had our room ready to go.

Taking a chance on a hotel we've driven by hundreds of times worked out well for us!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Phoenix
Reviewed October 19, 2009

I can't in good conscience write a full review of this establishment as my initial check-in experience caused me not to stay there. I'll bullet-point the reasons I chose not to stay:

- Trash strewn in the parking lot
- Absent front-desk clerk (watching TV in another room until I called for some assistance)
- Lackluster service - the clerk was uninterested and apathetic
- Foul odor on the 2nd floor in the second building
- Broken door or broken room keys, I don't know which. After hauling my luggage from the front desk to the room two times and back again because the door would not open, I did not particularly care what the problem was.

The overall feel of the place is run-down and dingy. For a last-minute one night stay it might be sufficient, but I was looking for a week long stay for business. If any one of the above gripes had been the only issue I would not have thought twice, but when I start making laundry lists of what's wrong it's time to look for somewhere else to spend my time.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Highly Recomended

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
Cambria,CA
Reviewed September 5, 2008

Last night I had the worst experence I've ever had at a hotel when staying at the Ramada Inn in Chatsworth,CA.
My daughter and I booked one night so we could do some shopping for her wedding and by the next morning we realized that another night would be needed so we could get everything done. At around 10 AM I called the front desk and asked if we could have the room for another night. We were assured we could and that it was all taken care of and it would be added to our bill.
The nightmare started that evening around 9 PM when we tried to use our key cards to get back into the hotel building and they weren't accepted. I went to the front desk and was told that ALL of our belongings were taked from our room and stored downstairs!! Shocked, I asked for the manager and when he arrived he just said " I needed your room for someone else so I moved you out. I'll put you in a suite to make up for it"
With no where to stay and dead on our feet we agreed----until we saw the ONE bed we were supposed to share!
Then we started going through our things and realized the contents of our frige were taken out and left in the heat of the day---including the expensive skin care I had bought the day before. The manager lied and said there wasn't any skin care in the fridge and he had moved us himself.
When we were left alone to go though our things and decided not to stay in the suite, the manager had said he would be right outside but when we looked for him he was gone and could not be reached by phone. I called HIS "boss" and when we realized we were being charged for 2 nights----because we had
CHECKED OUT LATE!!!! I reminded him that THEY had virtually checked us out when they took our things out of our room without our permission! That's when he threatened to call the police to remove us from the property! We drove the 4 hours home rather then going to the slammer.
Great customer relations at the Ramada Inn Chatsworth, wouldn't you say??

signed,
bent out of shape and sooo tired

• Liked — my horrible experence wiped out any good things to say about the accommodation
  • Disliked — How utterly disrespecful and unfairly we were treated---never mind the items we lost due to their lack of respect
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank herbgal8
Oceanside
Reviewed July 25, 2008

The tour you see on line with this hotel is not at all what the hotel truly is when inside. The lobby is dirty, tiles are dirty and my 80 year old father could not even go in the lobby restroom, due to water or whatever all over the floor.

The bar is dirty and and has holes in the wall and the bar stools are filithy and I and several of the customers witness mice coming inside the bar area from the back entrance right into the bar.

The hotel allows pets and you can smell the pet ordor as you walk into the lobby of the back building. The pet pee was very strong.

I will say that the room itself was fair, but found candy on the floor under the lip of the bed. The coffee pot had not been cleaned, for I found old grounds in the filter along with old tea bags in the filter. Again what you see on line is not what you get.

I would not stay in this Ramada Again.

• Liked — The room was nice size
  • Disliked — The location, the lobby restroom and the dirty bar.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Oceansidebear