“Horrible horrible service.”
Review of Ramada Chatsworth

Ramada Chatsworth
Ranked #223 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed May 26, 2011

We arrived at the Ramada Inn Hotel in Chatsworth on Thursday May 19th for a four night stay on the occasion of a close relatives wedding.
The wedding was set to take place at noon of sunday, may 22nd. At about 10am on the morning of the wedding we went down to get something out of our car, to our alarm the car was nowhere to be found.

We rushed to the front desk to ask if they know anything about our car being gone. The receptionist explained that the due to construction in the parking lot, our car has been towed and suggested we call the towing company.

When we asked why is it our responsibility to contact the towers and retrieve the car instead of hers, she replied " well because it's not my car...". This very rude response offended us deeply.

We next asked to see the manager. The manager on duty was Mr. Ben [--]. When we explained the situation to him he responded in basically the same manner as the receptionist, apologizing but maintaining that his hands are tied and it is solely OUR problem. We then inquired for the reason we were not informed in any way about the construction nor of the possibility of our car being towed should we park in the hotel
parking lot that morning, to this he replied by saying that there were signs saying it hung in the parking lot, and that they have told the guests in person that they should not park there. Needless to say there were no signs in the parking lot, just in the lobby, into which you have no real reason of entering at any time during your stay. The second
part was just a blatant lie, as WE were not told in any point in our stay about any of this.

Frustrated, we asked him to try and think of solutions, since we had to attend the wedding at noon and were in great need of a transportation. He offered to order a taxi. When we asked who would pay for that taxi he responded that, you guessed it, it is our responsibility.
At this point we asked what would be the cost of freeing our car to which he replied "around a hundred dollars".

We insisted that we should not pay neither for a taxi nor for the releasing our car from the towing lot and that we see it as his responsibility to take care of the inconvenience caused
to us and to compensate us in full. He replied that he is not authorized to compensate us for any amount larger than 20 US dollars, and that he needs to speak to his manager Mrs Marichu [--]. We asked him to contact her and get the permit to compensate
us. He called her cell phone, but she did not pick up. We demanded to get some sort of response, especially since we were pressed in time. He promised he'd get back to us in ten minutes.

We went back to our room and waited for 15 minutes to no avail.After this we went back to the front desk to ask if there were any news, he said he still could not reach Mrs [--] and asked us to wait in our room and that he would call us when he reaches the manager on
the phone. We waited for 15 more minutes until he called the room and told us the manager was nowhere to be found. Also, he apologized for giving us the wrong number before. Turns out the price of getting our car would be "more like three hundred dollars". Meaning, the hotel
to which we are paying customers, fined us a sum greater then the charge for our entire stay.

Finally we realized that if we do not retrieve the car by ourselves as soon as possible we would miss the wedding completely. The towing company employees were in the hotel parking lot again towing other paying costumers cars, and they agreed to give as a ride to the towing lot. When I asked the manager why they keep towing cars instead of calling the people who's cars are being towed he again lied and said he tried calling but they didn't pick up.

We retrieved the car, payed 293.70$ and drove to the wedding, an hour late. Again, this wedding was the sole reason to our visit.

Upon arriving back to the hotel later that evening, a different receptionist told us he was aware of the incident that happened earlier that morning, but that he too had his hands tied. He advised
us to wait until the following morning to speak to Mrs [--] in person since she could not be reached during the whole day. We would have appreciated the opportunity to finally speak to her. Unfortunately, she was said to arrive at 9am while we had to leave at 8:30am to our flight back to New York. We mentioned to the receptionist that it is quite odd for a manager to not answer her phone for an entire day. He agreed with us and yet again apologized but left us with no real response.

We were appalled by the horrible service, rude responses, and the act of towing a guests car without even trying to contact him in any way. It is important to note that the hotel had both our car and personal information the entire duration of our stay, thus able to contact us via our cells or the room phone, prior to ordering the towing company to take our car.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Alonyan

Reviewed May 6, 2011

This property is listed as a 2 star. I expected a 2 star. If you are ever in need of a place to stay in Chatsworth, this place is outstanding for the money! Right across the street from Ralphs grocery store and PLENTY of places to grab some food. Rooms are decent for a 2 star. Nice sized and super clean. Fridge in the room always helps.

We stayed at a 4 star Sheraton the week prior. Let me tell you what I liked about this place over the more than DOUBLE the cost, Sheraton.

1. Free parking Sheraton:$18/day
2. Free high speed internet Sheraton:$12/day
3. Amazing staff.
4. Free breakfast (Hard boiled eggs, breads, fresh waffles, fruit etc...) Sheraton: Room Service? After all the fee's. $$$$$

Get this: My wife tried to tip a guy for bringing something to the room. He DECLINED the tip stating "it is my job". Ok, I have not seen that before and I travel a LOT!

We have twin 3 year old boys. The room was a MESS with toys. The cleaning crew actually took the time to out the toys away and straighten everything in the room. The cleaning/upkeep on the room was more like that of the Four Seasons. Seriously! Most cleaning crews just toss the toys aside, this place actually organized!

So unless I look at my credit card statement and see that they charged me $400 in extra fee's, I have to tell you that for a 2 star property, in Chatsworth, this place is the place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Baronent
Reviewed April 25, 2011

We stayed here after a night of no sleep due to another hotel not having a crib for our child even-though they said they did prior to us booking. This hotel let us book the reservation, check-in early and had a crib in our room within 45min span. They were very accommodating and pleasant. Quiana (sp?) was very nice on the phone and I couldn't have been happier with our stay here. The room was a standard room, clean, fresh towels and sheets, and a large bed. They had a continental breakfast in the morning from 6:30-10am which was a lot better than the previous hotel we stayed at. The only problem I had with their breakfast was that 70% of the milk in the fridge was expired by about 2weeks. But all the expiration dates were facing forward and easily in view.

The hotel was quiet and comfortable and very reasonably priced. I would def stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2011

I was pleasantly surprised by the great customer service at the front desk. I had been trying to book a room all day online and my connection on my iPhone was horrible at the amusement park we were at. I told the front desk about my issue and she honored the 2 day stay online price. I was a bit unsatisfied with the cleanliness of the rooms. They seemed to just be surface cleaned. The second day I stayed the room was a bit cleaner. Probably a different housekeeper. The breakfast room was dingy and jelly from the day before was still on the breakfast table. The toasters and juice machine needed a good daily cleaning or at least a wipe down. My other complaint would be while trying to eat breakfast there was someone spraying furniture polish cleaning the lobby. That is not a good smell for your palate. Also I would suggest the maids to eat before work and not use up the space and appliances made for paying customers. We were on a tight time schedule and there were three housekeepers in uniforms toasting their bagels in a leisurely fashion. The one maid kept using the toaster improperly shoving the lever up to check her toast instead of using the temp knob or the cancel button. So no wonder they don't work well with the daily improper use. They must have been on their union mandated break, until the matinence supervisor came in and they rushed out of the breakfast room. So while having your breakfast please clean the tables, juice machine buttons and tray, remove the stale bagels and Danishes, wipe down fridge, and tongs. Pretty good selection for breakfast just not the cleanest environment. The room could use some dusting, the light switches wiped down, walls wiped clean, the hair dryer was dirty, and the carpet needed cleaned. This is coming from someone who is very particular and wanted to save some cash. Shower was clean and so was the linens. Those are my important points. My other complaint was I decided to stay in the area another night and they couldn't accommodate a third night at a good rate after I checked out. Clean enough to sleep and shower. A good selection for a free breakfast. Great value for the area. Being a single mom I felt extremely safe with the closed in style rooms.

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed December 24, 2010

I have no idea where the folks giving 5-star reviews are staying... but it isn't here! Rooms are dingy, and not fully cleaned. Bathroom tiles are cracked. The walls are thin - you can hear other guests in their rooms. The noise outside the hotel was loud also. The staff was not concerned about speed or making you wait to check-in. It was an overall disgusting experience. We will need to come to this area again (our daughter attends college at CSUN), but we will find another hotel, even if it's MILES away.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AussieOwl
ramadachatsworth, Director of Sales at Ramada Chatsworth, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We apologize that your experience was anything else than satisfying. We want to assure you that policies have been implemented to resolve the issues mentioned. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed September 29, 2010

I came to visit my family in Chatsworth and stayed at the Ramada. I made my reservation online because of the price and didn't expect much. But to my surprise, It was a wonderful experience. The staff was very friendly/welcoming, it was an extremely hot day when I arrived and the the front desk offered me a free bottle of cold water. The room was spacious, the beds were comfortable, and they even offered a free continental breakfast. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2010

I had stayed at this hotel for 6 years whenever we visit relatives and friends from our old area. I called & got a 2 night stay @ a very reasonable rate and within a few hours my relative calls and says they will be coming in the following week instead. Within 24 hours of making the reservation, I called to cancel.......and was told it was a special rate so you can't cancel. I have never canceled in the past. After I was told No, I called the Hotel's Headquarters and was told that this is a franchise owner and they cannot force them to do the right thing. We finally gave up and went down there for 1 of the 2 nights, but will NEVER stay there again. On the following week, we came down and stayed at the Airtel Hotel which was also quite reasonable. Owners of the Ramada need a Business course and should be better at filtering out the real Jackoffs as opposed to their true customers. What jerks............NEVER AGAIN! I will continue to tell everyone.......

Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GRUMPY69061
ramadachatsworth, Manager at Ramada Chatsworth, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2017

Dear guest,

We truly regret the unpleasant experience. It sounds to me like this was a third party prepaid reservation, the cancellation policies are a bit more strict. I would like you to contact me so I can investigate the matter further. I would like to thank you for your business of 6 years, I hope that during those 6 years you have stayed with us you have had a positive experience. I would like to ask you to consider staying with us again if that is the case.
Kind regards,