“I really enjoyed my stay at Hyatt Regency Century Plaza” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Century Plaza

Hyatt Regency Century Plaza
Ranked #31 of 347 Hotels in Los Angeles
San Diego, CA
“I really enjoyed my stay at Hyatt Regency Century Plaza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at Hyatt Regency Century Plaza My sister and I stayed there for only one night using my Gold Passport points. The stuff was very helpful. I got everything I asked for... The car service was great too. The room was beautiful, the room service was great but a little expensive, Loved having Starbucks Coffee in the Lobby I am very hard to impress but this time have no complaints.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Adevore, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Century Plaza, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience during your most recent visit to the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza hotel. We are thrilled you experienced our authentic hospitality firsthand and hope that you and your sister return soon.

Adrienne De Vore Director of Public Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

This hotel offers an upscale stay. I loved online check as this allowed us to access our room early and to spend only a moment or two at the front desk. We registered with a business plan so we received wifi without charge. We also received free breakfast, a daily bottle of water and one shirt pressed. This was all helpful. Be sure to ask at check in. Our room was very spacious and comfortable. The beds were true queen size. The balcony was the width of the room and looked out on to the pool area and the bathroom had a very large marble countertop. The hallways were quiet with more than ample lighting. The elevators were quick. We enjoyed our breakfast and found the concierge service to be quite helpful. Ths hotel is close to an open air mall that offers a great variety of shops and a very nice movie theater. Finally we found the door man to be terrific. He was quick to get us a cab and certain we were off to the proper destination. The lounge in the main lobby is quite comfortable for an evening cocktail. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Adevore, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Century Plaza, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
It sounds like your trip met all your expectations for a hotel getaway. We appreciate you sharing your experience on Trip Advisor for all to see the services and amenities that make the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza so enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I paid the $10 standby fee for a room upgrade and as a result got a high room with a balcony and fantastic views .I had only one issue with the hotel where you have to pay a daily fee for wi fi access-i travel with my ipad but also a tablet pc to access work e mails .The hotel initially wanted to charge me a daily fee per device (even though i wasn't using both at the same time ) but after negotiation it turned out my Hyatt membership meant that I wasn't charged in the end .
The Westfield Shopping Centre at the back of the hotel was very convenient with a number of good value (but not particularly high standard ) places to eat .We ate in Craft restaurant which is in the Plaza opposite the front of the hotel which was very good .Also very convenient having the Starbucks in the lobby .

Room Tip: Consider paying for the standby upgrade
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and provide feedback regarding your most recent visit to our Los Angeles hotel. We are pleased that you were able to work with our staff to meet your wi-fi needs. It sounds like you were able to navigate Century City and Beverly Hills and experience some of the great shopping and dining firsthand. We hope to see you again soon.

Bakersfield, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed here over 100 times last five years. Always been a good bang for the buck. The hotel is always a busy spot. This last stay will be my last EVER. Ordered room service and they forgot an item I asked for. They have done this in the past I've signed receipt with tip and they don't bring the forgot item. So I don't Jose the gentleman bring my food I would sign ticket when ALL my preserved item are here. He said I'm sorry but that wasn't my fault. I said I agree but it's not mine either so ill sign when you get back here. He argued and told me it policy you sign now. I told him no. He proceeded to argue until I told him get out of my room I'm calling management. At the time he went and got my item very fast. I called asked to speak to hotel manager. I was connected to Alisa I believe her name was she said she was front desk manager. I told her the story she said you don't need to speak to the hotel manager you need to speak to the room service manager. I said no I want the hotel manager. She said no he's not in you need to speak to room service manager. I said NO I want the hotel manager the room service manager doesn't care that I will not be staying here ever again. She said well sorry that's all I can do. 3 hours later after zero call from manager it's not 5:55pm I went to front desk ask for the manager this time I got Tarik. I told him the story he apologized and said let me look into this and get back to you. I was shocked he didn't know the problem but said ok. ZERO calls from him so the next day I called Asked for hotel manager. I now got Ash. He said he was manger. I told him the above story he apologized and said let me look into this what's you number ill call you back. Well 6 days later ZERO response from mr. Ash. This lack of service shows how little Starwood hotels care about the guest. I stay in hotel for work at least 80 days a year. Trust me I will avoid ALL Starwood hotels the w Westin four seasons you name it. A great hotel 1 block from this hotel is the intercontinental century city. Very similar but not as crowded. Very let down in this Starwood hotel.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Tommy L
Adevore, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Century Plaza, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Century Plaza hotel. I've shared your comments and concerns with Ash, Tarek and the hotel team to review in further detail. We apologize that the service you received did not meet your expectations and we hope that we can provide a positive resolution to this matter. We appreciate your business and your feedback.

San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stayed here one night for business. Valet, check in staff all terrific. Room was very nice, comfortable beds, large bathroom with lots of towels, nice amenities and a balcony. Our only problem was the Breeze restaurant; food is really not very good, service slow, and mediocre wine list.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor regarding your most recent visit to the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza. As you mentioned, one of the greatest amenities we have is that every room has a balcony with sweeping views. We apologize that your experience at Breeze Restaurant did not meet your standards. Breeze Restaurant has been featured inseveral media outlets for its farm to table cuisine. Most recently, the vegan menu was featured on KABC. We hope to see you again soon and give Breeze another try.

Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Good location...next to mall and several eating establishments close by. Valet was prompt and overall service was good.

The rooms need to be updated a bit, specially the showers.

The only suggestion I have, is to make sure they guarantee the type of room you reserve. My reservation stated a king size bed. When I arrived, I was told the hotel had oversold those rooms and wanted to put me in a room with two doubles. When I complained, management stepped in and honored my original reservation.

Room Tip: I would opt for a room on the 5th floor or higher facing Avenue of the Stars.
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your most recent visit to the Century Plaza Hotel. As you stated, we are within walking distance to some of Los Angeles' great shopping and dining including Tom Colicchio's Craft Restaurant and all the fine shops on Rodeo Drive. We welcome your return.

Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I stayed at the Hyatt Century Plaza with a friend who was attending a conference there. Generally, it is a nice place, but it needs a bit of updating and some attention to customer details. My room had a room service menu, but absolutely nothing about the hotel and its' amenities - spa, restaurants, area attractions, etc. They should have a booklet or a brochure in each room.

I think that this hotel is still in the mind-set of the MALE traveler; not a female one. The bathroom is dark, there is only one outlet and there are few places to hang a wet towel. The TV selection is odd, too: the channel guide says "No information available" on about half the selections. (And I am really confused as to why you cannot get the channels you get at home in hotels. Why is this? Some kind of negotiation scheme?)

There are no coffeemakers in the room, but if you call and request it one will be delivered to you. The problem is that it is just silly to operate. Not the function itself, but the packages are silver, shiny paper and the instructions are in light brown type, about size five font type. (Hello, Hyatt??? Fix this, please -- think HIGH CONTRAST and LARGER TYPE!) After I made my large cup of coffee, I had to break into THREE of the packages of condiments for the powdered creamer and sugar, since each package only had ONE cream, one sugar, and one splenda in it. With all the hotel's hype about waste, making one cup of coffee resulted in enough paper and unused items to just about fill the trashcan. There is a Starbucks on the first floor, which is just as well.

Housekeeping showed up one morning at 8:15am (we were still getting dressed) and we asked them to return later. They did, and our room was nicely taken care of. Then, a message was left on our phone that we had left a "Do Not Disturb" on our door so our room had been skipped that day - when could they come and service it? Umm -- we did not and yes it was. (Does the right hand know what the left hand is doing?)

Conference rooms are in the basement ("California" level) and are well appointed but a bit dreary.

Note -- you can go outside on the Plaza level and cross under the street to go to the building across from the hotel. No danger from traffic!

The Westfield Mall is right across the street - walking distance. (Again, I only knew this because I was with someone who had stayed here before. A nice brochure or list of local attractions such as this would be helpful.) Macy's, Bloomingdale's -- the usual cast of characters, but a few California-centric shops are there, too.

We did not have any contact with room service, but we had good service and good meals at the bar (outside) and in Breeze. Didn't check out the big bar on the first floor past Starbucks.

Room Tip: If you get a room facing the street, in the center of the hotel, you can look out your balcony, thou...
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza Los Angeles. We value all of your feedback and suggestions on how to make your next experience that much more enjoyable. I have shared all of your comments with management for review. We hope to see you again soon.