“Wonderful!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
A TripAdvisor Member
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2005

I drove my friend and her two kids (12&14) to California for a week's vacation of all the sites. The motel was smack dab in the middle of places we wanted to go. A bowling alley and restaurant are also attached. When we arrived at the motel, the first thing that struck us was the pool! It was beautiful and probably the cleanist one I've seen! I've traveled enough to be impressed. The area seemed middle class, but safe. For the rate, our room was perfect! Right by the pool where the kids spent alot of time. They also enjoyed the bowling alley next store every night, and the restaurant delivers and has wonderful food. The best part though was the staff. They were very friendly and personable. You could tell they all felt like family. We even met the owner of the place, who was equally friendly. The kids cried when we had to leave. They've alreadly been contacted by the friends they made there. We'll be back!

• Stayed August 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2005

We needed a one night stay as we were visiting family. I went online to check out the hotels in the area of West Hills. We chose this particular one due to the ammentities. We were going to have our 14 year old and 16 year old sons with us.

The boys were really looking forward to getting to the motel that advertised pool tables, arcade, pool, spa, and sauna. The pool tables can only be used by those 18 years or older. The arcade was completly jammed with people. These ammenities are there due to the bowling alley that is located next door. Consequently they are also available to anyone off the street that comes in. That would bring me to the neighborhood. To tell you the truth I wasn't sure we shouldn't take shifts staying awake.

When we checked in and proceeded to our room I made an immediate decision that the pool and sauna would be out. The carpet in the halls looked like it hadn't been cleaned in 20 years. It had huge dark spots all up and down the halls. It made you wonder what had occured there to cause this.

The room was staightened, but again the carpet looked really bad. The box springs covering had big holes in it. The walls in both the room and the bathroom had major patching in it (poorly done also).

After my son took his shower he went to get into bed. When he stepped to the side of the bed to get in , he found the carpet completly soaked ( His socks were dripping). When we reported this to the management we were told that they were already aware of the problem.

The continental brakfast is served only until 9 AM so there is no sleeping in if you plan to take advantage of that ammenity. To tell you the truth after seeing the motel I was not to inclined to try the breakfast.

The one good thing I found about this motel was the people that worked there. They were all very pleasant to deal with. However they are not enough reason to return there!!

Stayed July 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Hicksville, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2005

I was at the Best Western Canoga Park in the Spring of 2002. When we were there, I woke up with ants crawling over myself and my bed. Not pleasant. The management was professional, however, and changed our room with no questions asked. The second room had no ants.

Aside from the Ant incident, the only other concern was the neighborhood. Kind of Ghetto, though close to more upscale 'hoods.

The hotel pool was nice, and the coffee shop next door had great breakfasts and a homey atmosphere ( I loved the 'space monkey' in the banana tree.)

I would only stay here if I had family in the area and couldn't stay with family. Seen worse, but seen many that are much , much better.

• Stayed April 2005