“Best Hotel in Canoga Park”

Best Western Canoga Park Motor Inn
Ranked #77 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chatsworth, CA
“Best Hotel in Canoga Park”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I am not a gold member employee - I am a Diamond member who frequents this hotel -9 years now. I am recognized, have a gift basket in my room and absolutely love the front desk/housekeepers and Mgt. at this hotel. I am glad the eggs are cold-would not eat them if they were not!! (I think there is a health code about that). The pool is clean, front desk is more than willing to help-I've seen them help people bring in luggage-while the guest went to go eat!! I have never seen that before!!

Room Tip: Pool-side is always great if that is what you want.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
MOJAVE
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I stay at this best western last nite i was highly dissapointed , i walk up to the front desk and DIDNT GET RECONIZE AS A BEST WESTERN REWARDS GOLD MEMBER ..... the continental breakfast was really bad the hard boil eggs were extreamly cold the apple juice taste spoil .. they were 3 water bottles in thr room rite on top of the microway and a sign rite next to it that sed if i drank a bottle of water a i will be CHARGE FOR IT...IT WAS LIKE A JOKE I M AN EMPLYEE AT A BEST WESTERN AND AT OUR BEST WESTERN WE GREED OUR GUEST WITH A BOTTLE OF WATER AND WE RECONIZE ALL OUR GOLD MEMBERS WITH A GOODY BAG

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Winnetka, California, United States
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I would like to take this opportunity to tell you about my stay at the Best Western Canoga Park
Motor Inn. It has been the most wonderful experience of my life. I was going through and terrible situation and the staff and Manager there have been outstanding.
They made me feel like a family and they go out of their way to PLEASE the people who stay at there Motor Inn.

They really care about you and go out of there way to take care of you. I have even had a friend come from out of town and stayed with me for a week and she was very impressed how clean and neat the rooms were and just the whole over all kindness.

I differently will stay here again and recommend my friends from out of town to stay there.

I am still there going on my 4th month, but when I go back home which is only a couple of blocks away I am going to miss everyone. They all have been so very kind .They also have told me please come by anytime to see us.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed November 30, 2012

This slightly older Best Western offers fair priced accommodation, a decent breakfast, friendly staff. Rooms are spacious, clean and functional, wifi works great, no complaints. Its next to a bowling alley complete with diner and a bar, beds are a bit hard

Room Tip: Choose an inside facing room to the pool area
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Dirk001
Tucson
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We had to stay in LA for a little over a month. There are two motels on Winnetka Ave. This one is the only real choice.

The location was very good for our purposes. Corner of Winnetka and Vanowen, short drive to the 101 and Ventura Blvd. Very convenient for cross town driving.

The rate negotiated was excellent due to our extended stay, for which we are grateful. We asked to switch rooms after a few nights due to a low wifi signal. This was accomplished after the clerk helped us personally locate a room with a good signal. Excellent service on this and all other issues.

The maid service was excellent and most days taken care of early. This well suited our purposes as we had to be in and out occasionally. One minor note, card keys needed to be reprogrammed almost daily for both my wife and myself.

Breakfast is from 7-9am. This worked fine for us as we needed to be out early. There were plenty of choices, yogurt, fruits, cold cereal, coffee, tea, rolls, bagels.

There is a very nice pool with a large deck and lounge chairs which we used on occasion. Good wifi out there too. There is a vast amount of parking, and other facilities on the property. There is a local extension of the West Valley 'Y' on East on Vanowen which we used regularly.

The only issue we had is a loud buzzing sound which could be heard every nine minutes both in our room and the hall. The GM was going to fix it but hadn't as of the time we left.

Room Tip: There are very nice first floor pool side rooms.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family