“Perfect Place to Relax”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Chatsworth, CA
“Perfect Place to Relax”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

The hotel staff is unbeatable! Friendly, courteous, knowledgeable! I have stayed at this hotel many times over the years and the changes/UPDATES that have been made over the last few years makes this hotel the best place to stay! The outside pool/jacuzzi/tables are always clean and relaxing. You can tell that they clean the outside-as much as the inside! The rooms have flat screen with many channels to choose from-and most important CLEAN ROOMS! Housekeeping does a great job and you can tell that deep cleaning is done on a regular basis with all the rooms. I appreciate the wide variety of breakfast items this hotel has. I almost cringe when I hear "continental breakfast" wondering what that means. They have a great gravy that is made at the restaurant on site along with many other nice choices. We had some fun in the arcade/bowling alley attached as well-adding an evening of fun within walking distance! We needed a roll-a-way bed for our grandson-I forgot to mention when I booked the room but it was brought to our room right away. I did notice the manager-he was walking around making sure things were done/stocked, etc. Definately not the kind who hides in an office some where-more hands-on and friendly! Oh-and I like the sliding glass doors that go directly from your room to the pool area!

Room Tip: Pool side is best choice to enjoy the enclosed patio area with the pool and jacuzzi!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Reviewed June 24, 2012

This hotel was perfect in everyway. The staff was the friendliest I've ever seen. They were very helpful and infomative with a smile. The manager was always walking around making sure the hotel was in order and working. The room was very comfotable and very clean. The breakfast was fresh and they had a wide variety. I was so comfortable. I would most definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012
San Jose, California
Reviewed June 21, 2012

As we arrived into the parking lot there were several parking lot parties going on ,, as I got out of the car to check in.. I noticed the front desk person watching me the whole time,, right when I walked he "HOW MANY PEOPLE IN THE ROOM? and then the next day 11am right on the dot the phone rang as I was packing up.. "did you know check out was 11am? why are you not checked out?" so I felt policed the whole time.. I dont look ghetto,, or like a thug.. so not sure why ... the room was clean, had a large pool but I do not think I want to stay there again.. I do not need to be WATCHED .....

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank HedKat D
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed May 22, 2012

This is an older San Fernando Valley motor inn from which we were not expecting alot. We were very surprised by it's cleanliness, modern features, beautiful pool/spa/koi pond. Many extra amenities like excellent hotel beds, morning breakfast, lots of guest shop items available for purchase, and an outstanding, friendly staff.

Room Tip: My husband is handicapped, and the night we checked in a ground floor room was not available as the...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nancy A
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 5, 2012

I had a terrible experience with this Best Western. Relocating to the area, I choose this Best Western to stay for a few nights. After moving into my new apartment and unpacking I found my makeup bag, some costume jewelry and a Los Angeles Book missing. I called and was told that nothing was left behind. After 2 more weeks I started to notice that several of my daughters t-shirts were missing. I guess they were hoping because I had 6 large bags it would take my awhile to miss the items.
I know that they stole the first items because the hotel was the last place I saw them.

This hotel and personnel horrible.
Please do not stay here.

Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Kecia M
Washington state
Reviewed January 19, 2012

I travel to LA frequently and usually don't stay twice at any hotel cause either I did not care for them or prices were raised. I had had such a good stay at the Best Western Canoga Park Motor Inn that I stayed again and I had the same great experience. The hotel seems a bit out of the way but it is pretty central to freeways and is easy to find once you have been there. Parking is ample, breakfast is very generous and staff always friendly and helpful.Hotel is clean. It is close to a convention area but you would never know it and I never hear any noise even when I have stayed in room close to desk and main floor.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Washington state
Reviewed July 25, 2011

I needed a hotel close to my son and couldn't find any I could afford. I found the site for the BW Canoga Park Motor Inn and almost did not book cause I loved the price but I wasn't sure of the location and thought it would be noisy being next to a convention center, bowling alley and resturant. I was truly amazed how comfortable and quiet this hotel was. It took me a bit longer to get there but it was worth it. The front staff was helpful and friendly and other stafff members were also. There was a good variety of food for breakfast. There was plenty of parking which if you have stayed in LA and areas, parking is a issue. The room was clean and comfortable and I will say again, quiet. Don't pass this hotel up.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family