“A very pleasant surprise”

Best Western Canoga Park Motor Inn
Ranked #76 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersBronze level
Seattle, Washington
“A very pleasant surprise”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

This is an older San Fernando Valley motor inn from which we were not expecting alot. We were very surprised by it's cleanliness, modern features, beautiful pool/spa/koi pond. Many extra amenities like excellent hotel beds, morning breakfast, lots of guest shop items available for purchase, and an outstanding, friendly staff.

Room Tip: My husband is handicapped, and the night we checked in a ground floor room was not available as the...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nancy A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 5, 2012

I had a terrible experience with this Best Western. Relocating to the area, I choose this Best Western to stay for a few nights. After moving into my new apartment and unpacking I found my makeup bag, some costume jewelry and a Los Angeles Book missing. I called and was told that nothing was left behind. After 2 more weeks I started to notice that several of my daughters t-shirts were missing. I guess they were hoping because I had 6 large bags it would take my awhile to miss the items.
I know that they stole the first items because the hotel was the last place I saw them.

This hotel and personnel horrible.
Please do not stay here.

Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Kecia M
Washington state
Reviewed January 19, 2012

I travel to LA frequently and usually don't stay twice at any hotel cause either I did not care for them or prices were raised. I had had such a good stay at the Best Western Canoga Park Motor Inn that I stayed again and I had the same great experience. The hotel seems a bit out of the way but it is pretty central to freeways and is easy to find once you have been there. Parking is ample, breakfast is very generous and staff always friendly and helpful.Hotel is clean. It is close to a convention area but you would never know it and I never hear any noise even when I have stayed in room close to desk and main floor.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Washington state
Reviewed July 25, 2011

I needed a hotel close to my son and couldn't find any I could afford. I found the site for the BW Canoga Park Motor Inn and almost did not book cause I loved the price but I wasn't sure of the location and thought it would be noisy being next to a convention center, bowling alley and resturant. I was truly amazed how comfortable and quiet this hotel was. It took me a bit longer to get there but it was worth it. The front staff was helpful and friendly and other stafff members were also. There was a good variety of food for breakfast. There was plenty of parking which if you have stayed in LA and areas, parking is a issue. The room was clean and comfortable and I will say again, quiet. Don't pass this hotel up.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Salinas, CA
Reviewed April 26, 2011

This hotel is connected to a 24 hour bowling alley. It's not much to look at from the outside, but we had a very pleasant stay.
Our room was very clean and quiet. We were there on a Wednesday night. It had a fridge and a microwave.
The staff were very friendly.
The breakfast area was very small. But they managed to pack in plenty of choices which included hard-boiled eggs, biscuits and gravy, hot and cold cereals, fruit and pastries. It was a little too chilly the morning we were there to eat outsid. But I did see tables next to small koi pond.
We didn't have time to use the small pool, jacuzzi, or bowling alley. But all looked clean. And I hope that we do have time the next time we visit the area.

• Stayed April 2011
Hollywood, Florida
Reviewed November 28, 2010

I had a great time at the Best Western and the Canoga Park Bowl. The staff was very frendley and the rooms are very spacious. The Canoga Park Bowl is open 24 hours. George, Alex and the restaurant staff were superb and they also do room service. The free breakfast in the hotel lobby is not to be missed. They also have a computer in the lobby for the guests to use. Worth every penny.

Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Washington
Reviewed October 25, 2010

We discovered bedbugs in our room and had to vacate. The staff were very nice about it and refunded part of our charge and let us cancel our last couple of days reservation, but... not pleasant.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family