“Foodie Heaven in Downtown L.A.”
Review of Redbird

Redbird
Ranked #17 of 11,871 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Several Seating Options for dinner and weekend brunch! In addition to the Courtyard, enjoy our Indoor Dining Room and Garden. Reserve on Tock. See more about all our happenings - including weekly tasting menus (returning soon), brunch, happy hour, dinner, immersive experiences and use as a filming location on our website redbird.la or @redbirdla.
Reviewed September 9, 2016 via mobile

Foodies will be delighted by the menu, the ambiance and the service here as all are first class. We took advantage of the 5-6pm happy hour with discounted drinks and food. It's only one hour so beware to get there on time to enjoy the discounts.

We recommend the rabbit wings, hamachi crudo and burrata salad. For something more substantial, try the lamb belly or fois gras. BTW, cocktails were awesome!

Our server, Deveen, was a true pro as were all the rest of the staff. If you like the service to equal to quality and creativity of the chef, check this place out.

We can't wait to return here :-)

Date of visit: September 2016
Write a reviewReviews (260)

Reviewed September 7, 2016

I think I had such high expectations after hearing friends rave about redbird...and we finally went on a Tuesday night. The restaurant was pretty empty, so I was surprised that we had to wait for an 8:30 p.m. reservation. But, we did and were seated in the bar and told we had enough time for a drink. Unfortunately, despite many glances, no one came to take a drink order. After 10 minutes we got up to ask for a waiter and we placed an order, but didn't get to take a sip as our table was now ready.

For starters, we ordered the burrata, octopus, foie gras torchon, chicken pot pie and corn soup. The best thing was the soup as it was flavorful, summery and light--very seasonal. I did not taste much chicken in the pot pie, and felt it was more saucy and pastry than anything else. The torchon flavors hadn't seemed to set, and, I just didn't get the richness that I had hoped from the dish.

For dinner, we had the pork and rib eye, with the carrots, potatoes and broccolini. The rib eye was cooked perfectly with lot's of flavor, but the pork was a little too rare for my taste.

Had the new tella and yuzu sabayon for dessert - and as much as I like dessert, neither left much of an impression on me.

Loved the ambiance and service was good, just wish the food was stronger. I think Bestia and Odys and Penelope are still my LA favorites.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed September 2, 2016

Unbelievably FRESH, locally sourced and flavorful food. Reservations were booked past 7 pm, so we made a 6 pm reservation, and the place was empty. Don't hesitate to "drop in" at the last minute as there's lots of bar seating, lounge seating and free tables for quick turnaround.

Recommendation: Reserve FREE Broad Museum tickets a month in advance, and then walk down the hill three blocks to an amazing meal at Redbird. Recommend any scallop dish they offer! Enjoy!

Date of visit: August 2016
1  Thank Discerning12385
Reviewed September 1, 2016

I was taken here for Fathers' Day brunch and was not disappointed. The setting was lovely - bright and airy - service was attentive and upbeat, and the fare was wonderful. Cocktails were original and delicious; food was great (it's been over two months and I can't remember what I had, but I remember loving it). One more example of a cool restaurant in a cool, historical setting in DTLA. I would return.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed August 28, 2016

We came here for an early dinner right after the Cubs game at the Dodgers Stadium (only a couple mile away) on a Sunday afternoon. We ordered the scallops and the halibut (they called it flatfish). Both were excellent and uniquely flavorful. We were introduced to flavors that we haven't had before and were very pleasantly surprised how tasty both dishes were. We also had Yuzu Sabayon for dessert. Again, we never had anything like it and was excellent. I must complement the chef on his/her creativity as he/she nailed both of our dishes and the dessert. The setting was very inviting and comfortable, and added to our dinning enjoyment very much. Our server was friendly and knowledgable as with the bus persons. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: August 2016