“Wonderful!”

Ranked #17 of 11,871 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Several Seating Options for dinner and weekend brunch! In addition to the Courtyard, enjoy our Indoor Dining Room and Garden. Reserve on Tock. See more about all our happenings - including weekly tasting menus (returning soon), brunch, happy hour, dinner, immersive experiences and use as a filming location on our website redbird.la or @redbirdla.
Reviewed July 11, 2016

I've been to Redbird before for dinner and it was great. My wife and I decided to have brunch before a matinee at the Mark Taper Forum. What a fabulous brunch.. The menu offers many choices from waffles to hamburgers and many other more interesting choices. I had Grilled Lamb Belly, with a poached egg and sweet potato scallion pancake. Melt in your mouth tender and delicious. My wife had Basque Baked Eggs with short rib, morcilla, potatoes. Terrific.
GO! you won't be disappointed. Our server Dale was very knowledgeable and provided great service.

Date of visit: July 2016
Write a reviewReviews (260)

Reviewed July 7, 2016

located in cool area of DTLA but a bit isolated. the staff was a bit pushy to get us seated when we were enjoying drinks at the bar. the ambiance of the place was more hushed and less vibrant that many DTLA places, almost stiff. but the food wasn't that special, only one dish was good but didnt make me want more. was slightly disappointed, and so were a few of the others there with me. too bad, had heard good reviews.

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed June 20, 2016

I had the pleasure of coming for a 40th birthday party celebration on Saturday 6/18. There was a group of 20 and we had their "Nest" reserved. We arrived at 7pm and the restaurant was starting to fill up.
Ambiance: Typical LA fine dining restaurant with a great decor. What I liked most about this place was its openness and lighting (not too dark). There is a nice lounge where you can chill and hang out prior to your dinner. I love the main dining area with its retractable roof. IT was a beautiful night and the weather was perfect. The Nest was a in another world. Great place to host a private event. You take stairs/elevator to the 3rd floor and you feel as if you were in a different world. There is a modern kitchen where the appetizers were prepared. On the patio was the bar and then the table. I thought the setting was awesome and very private. We could be as loud as we want. The patio overlooked the main dining area as well as a good view of Vibiana. Only complaint was that the restrooms were 3 flights of stairs down. They were clean and had an attendant stationed there.
Service: For me, this can make or break a restaurant...and the service at Redbird definitely shown. My wife had dinner at Otium the night before and said that the service was not even comparable to Redbird. From the moment we walked in, every one we dealt with (servers in the bar area, to those in the Nest) was very professional and attentive. Anything we asked was explained and addressed properly. What took it over the top was that Chef Fraser was even there to help with the appetizers. He was very courteous and was gracious enough to take a pic.
Food: Some restaurants come with a lot of hype and can't live up to it...Redbird's food exceeded all of the hype. The pass around appetizers were bit size but good. There was a curried meatball that was my favorite. There were 3 different appitziers: Hamachi crudo, Shishito pepper's, and lamb belly. By far, my favorite was the lamb belly. I have never had it before. IT was tender and very flavorful. Not gamey at all. I could eat that all day long. The peppers were good and the crudo was also good. The main course (like the appitizers) were served family style. This was the best selection of family style dishes that I have had at one of these type of restaurants. We had: Scallops, Rack of pork, and porterhouse. The scallops were properly cooked. The pork was very moist and had good flavor. But the favorite part of the pork dish were the veggies beneath it. There were some sort of greens that just tasted phenomenal with all of the pork juices that soaked it. Finally, the porter house. It wasn't the best porterhouse that I had, but it was really good. I loved the fact that the beef already came sliced (like at a high end steakhouse). IT was cooked perfectly. You can't really go wrong with a properly cooked porterhouse. Dessert was also good but I can't remember exactly what it was. The bar came with a couple of selected cocktails and both were really good. Cardinale Punch and something else.

All in all, I was really impressed with the service and food. I would definitely return to try the rest of the menu. Redbird was an epic venue for my friend's 40th birthday celebration

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed June 1, 2016

The two of us went for brunch last Sunday, and really enjoyed the meal. The atmosphere was light and contemporary, and the valet parking was easy. We were promptly seated, even though we arrived a bit earlier than our 10:15 a.m. reservation. Our server was efficient and very pleasant, and the kitchen was fast. We shared the pistachio croissant, which we both thought was great. One of us had the fried chicken sandwich and the other had the quiche. Both were excellent. A word of warning: bring your appetite; the portions are quite generous. We finished with a piece of boysenberry pie. The crust on the pie was excellent, but the filling was just a tad tart for my taste: I'd try something else for dessert next time. A really enjoyable meal for a reasonable price (the quiche was $17, and the sandwich--from memory--was about that). We'll certainly be back.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed May 29, 2016 via mobile

The cocktails were interesting combinations and enjoyed them. The service patchy. The food: burger and chicken sandwich average, asparagus delicious and the nectarine almond cake very good. I would not go back but enjoyed the experience.

Date of visit: May 2016