Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills
Hotel Angeleno(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$309
$289
$494
$377
  • Beachfront
$127
$289
  • Pool
The Westin Los Angeles Airport(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$152
$296
$286
  • Restaurant
$181
$99
FourPoints.com
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$210
$360
$339
  • Beachfront
3,074 results
All reviewsbeverly centerbeverly hillsluxury roomrain showerrodeo drivehollywood signwest hollywoodfarmers marketvalet parkingvalet serviceupon checkfitness centersanta monicaconciergelanvinbloomingdalesgrove
Reviewed June 12, 2009

We stayed one night in the Sofitel after finishing the AIDS/LifeCycle from SF to LA. The room was great, with huge floor to ceiling windows, a great bed and an amazing shower (gotta love the huge rainfall shower-head in the ceiling.) We had a great view of the Hollywood hills. The Beverly Center is just across the street and it is an easy walk to West Hollywood and Melrose shops. The service at the front desk was great and the hotel is in spotless condition.

Reviewed June 11, 2009

Just got back from a 4 day stay in the Sofitel. I loved LA and I love the Sofitel. We have a viwn of the Hills and it was so beautiful in the night and in the day. The rooms were awesome esp the bathroom. Loved the shower! The bed was sooo comfortable too. The service was also top notch. We didnt eat at the restauant Simon LA but it looked pretty nice. The location could have been better but I would definalty stay there again no question. LA was great can't wait to return!!

Reviewed June 8, 2009

We stayed here two nights at the end of our trip in california. LA isnt really my kind of place, as its not the kind of place you go for a wander, you need to drive everywhere which is why I gave it 4/5 stars for location, but Im not sure where else i would have liked to stay in LA as Beverley Hills seems like the nicest area to stay, but it takes a while to get to the beach.
The hotel itself was really nice and modern, the pool is outdoor and heated but small, but the terrace around the pool was really nice with big comfy loungers and quite cool round loungers and flat screens (very LA!).
The only thing that annoyed me is both the constant seeking of tips and the parking, as Valet parking seemed to be $29/day. We stayed in one other hotel in LA the night before and looked around a few, and the expensive parking and seeking of tips seems pretty consistent everywhere. Anyway, to save a few quid we parked across the road in the beverley centre (big shopping centre), and at nights we parked in the road behind the hotel for free until 7am. The beverley centre was good for shopping and had some good value restaurants on the ground floor.
I would recommend this hotel as a nice place to stay in LA and we got good value through expedia.

1  Thank california_trip09
Reviewed May 20, 2009

Wellll, my family and I stayed in the penthouse suite, and it was AMAZING. our hotel looked right at the mall and the city, and I loved it. would DEFINITELY go back.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed May 17, 2009

I stayed there for three nights under a “stay for three nights and pay for two” special. All in all it is a very nice hotel with nice rooms and everything else that goes with a 4 star hotel. Service by everyone from valet, concierge, to bellman was great. There are three computers off the lobby open 24 hours on which there is free internet. If you want wifi in you room you have to pay for it. The pool is small and not very lavish although it is very warm and I had no problems getting a cot. The “balcony” they refer to in the advertisements is a literally 12 inch space between the French doors and the gate. It is only good for standing on to see what the weather is like.
The negatives I found were that it is walking distance from the Beverly Center but nothing else. And there are homeless beggars all around the hotel so if you want to walk anywhere be prepared to deal with them. And the Beverly Center is such a blasé shopping mall it does really adds nothing to the hotel. The real great shopping is in the Rodeo Dive area in Beverly Hills which is only 10 minutes away but you have to drive. So if you don’t mind calling your car up from valet parking, driving 10 minutes and then finding parking in the Rodeo Drive area, this world not present a problem for you.
The other thing that bothered me about the hotel is that two “free drink” tickets I got at check-in for use in the nightclub could only be used for alcoholic drinks. I could not redeem them for bottled water, a Coke or Sprite. The waitress said I could get Champaign or some other alcoholic drink but nothing else. So since I do not drink alcohol I just tossed the tickets. I have no idea why the hotel puts this limitation on its free drinks but it really offended me. Do I ended up just tossing the “free alcoholic drink” tickets.
Now would I stay there again? I cannot say I would. I like a hotel where I can walk out the front door and be in the center of everything. In Beverly Hills this would be the Beverly Wiltshire-but at twice the price of the Sofitel it would be a hard decision.

On a note of “what to see on the way to the hotel” stop at Bristol Farms about a mile or two down Beverly Ave from the hotel. I have never seen such an upscale, posh, esoteric, expensive grocery store in my life. It makes Whole Foods look like a soup kitchen on Skid Row. In front of me in line was a celebrity movie producer with a grocery cart of goat cheese, caviar and the like which totaled over $1300. This is a great place to get some take out and just to see where the rich shop.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo