“Good Hotel..great Location”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Good Hotel..great Location”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

This Hotel is at the junction of La Cienega and Sunset boulevard bang opposite Bloomingdales and Macys. They have great staff in the restaurant and the doormen are excellent always on the job making sure we had a cab when we needed one. The concierge especially Meghan was also wonderful...giving us good information and making sure any stuff that came in for me was delivered to our room on time. Breakfast at the sole restaurant was good but could do with a bit more variety. The staff are friendly and welcoming and did a good job of remembering our preferences for breakfast.(eg. Black tea, English breakfast 2 tea bags...just the way I like it)

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking Bloomingdales
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank mannubhai
SofitelLA, General Manager at Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Bonjour mannubhai,
I am happy to read our staff made your stay a pleasant one by remembering your breakfast preferences or by giving you all the information you needed.
I hope you enjoyed shopping at Bloomingdales!
We hope to welcome you back,
Eric Lemaire, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Gerrards Cross, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the years and whilst the staff where super friendly and helpful the hotel just lacks something. The bar was closed for multiple private functions during my stay and that's not what paying hotel staying guests expect, my room was not cleaned one day despite two reminders - that is poor - will I stay again no - going to try elsewhere next time - it is getting too expensive

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Nick S
Bonjour Nick S,
Please accept my sincere apologizes. This is not acceptable your room was not done and please be sure I will speak with the housekeeping Director.
Regarding the bar, we have special events every nights with Live music for hotel guests and local people. This is very rare that the bar is closed for private party and I am very sorry you haven't been able to go.
I hope you will give us a last opportunity to give you a better impression,
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Hotel was clean and convenient location. Bed very comfortable. Staff very friendly and professional. We always enjoy staying here. We were given a great room, and the treats left for us were delicious. Nice that they provide water in room and don't make you pay for it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Sofitel.com

Bonjour Kristin F,
I am very happy to know you have always enjoyed your stays at the Sofitel Los Angeles.
I hope you will keep coming and that we will never disappoint you.
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed June 17, 2014

The Hotel overall is not bad, but not the level you would expect from a Sofitel. The Front drive is crowded and horribly managed, the front desk folks are nice and the hotel decor is nice. The rooms are very small but the real disappointment is the pool. It looks like something out of a really bad 1970's movie. Small, dinky and surrounded by Concrete. There is no bar at the pool and you can order from the one person who is outside at the pool but they have to run to the bar in the hotel each time and it takes 15-20 minutes per drink….The Hotel is not family Friendly and is not worth the money. The location is right across from the Beverly Center so if you want to shop it is very convenient but overall this Hotel is a pass….

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Bonjour Robert S,
I am very sorry you had a bad first impression with our front drive and that you didn't like the pool.
We hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future,
Perth, Australia
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We thought the staff had mixed us up with someone else. We arrived early and we were given an upgraded room 3 hours early. the kiddies got teddy bears and we had macaroons on arrival. Its luxury and sophistication. I chose to stay there as it is the Hotel Camilla in season 2 of True Blood and for no other reason. I was very surprised by the service, on arrival to our suite on the Presidential floor room 1016 we had a balcony that looked over the Hollywood sign. Just perfect and then a porter came out of nowhere with a cheese board, wine, cakes and chocolates. What absolute special treatment. I just came from Vegas where we stayed at the Bellagio. The service was very different, the Bellagio did not treat us with the same attentiveness nor did the staff make us feel special and we booked a fountain view suite there. Across the road is the Beverly Hills Centre for luxury end shopping and on the other side you will find a target, Marshalls, TJMax and a Ross Dress for Less so just perfect for all your shopping needs. And you get free bottled water every day - unheard of in many of the other hotels we stayed!! Totally recommend the hotel, staff and location. A great way to finish or trip to the US.
We used the hotel babysitter and the service was very safe, reliable and great activities brought to your room. Very satisfied with the service.

Room Tip: Our suite 1016 has a small balcony that faces the Hollywood sign.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank MShelly333
BonjourMShelly333,
I am delighted to read our team succeeded in making your stay special!
As a french hotel, cheese, wine and chocolate are part of our rituals and I am glad you liked having a tray of our specialities in your room.
It is also great to hear you liked the hotel babysitter service,and that your kids were happy with the teddy bears given at check-in.
We hope you will come back from Australia for another great stay overlooking the Hollywood sign!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

I haven't visited this hotel yet, but when I called today to check on my reservation for next month, before I could even get the words out of my mouth, I was cut off mid sentence by the receptionist and put on hold, then I was transferred about 3 times. Each time I had to re - explain what I was calling about. Finally the last lady whom i talked to proceeded to act like I was speaking a foreign language, when all I was doing was trying to confirm my reservation. Didnt much care for her rudeness when speaking to me. Ughh! Im already getting a bad vibe...I'm not really liking this hotels first impression I am getting... thinking about canceling my multiple day upcoming reservation because of this. Really wanting to like this place because of its high ratings, but there is no excuse for this... Will adjust my review if I end up staying here.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank travel-guru-rachie
Bonjour travel-guru-rachie,
I am very sorry for what happened when you were trying to confirm your booking.
This is not normal and I will speak with the reservation Director.
I really hope you will have a better impression when you will arrive at the hotel.
Would it be possible that you tell us your arriving date?
Do not hesitate to contact my assistant at clotilde.lucet@sofitel.com.
Burlington, NJ
Reviewed June 13, 2014

The Sofitel Los Angeles is a really nice hotel. The staff goes above and beyond. The bar and resturaunt are top notch. The rooms are great. The bathrooms are modern and roomy. The beds are not awesome, but they are adequate. Typical of a european style hotel. It you are in West Hollywood, look no further. There is also lots of good shopping and food options within a block or two. I would stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank BradWorld
Bonjour BradWorld,
I am happy that you like the French/european style of the hotel, as well as the staff service.
Do not hesitate to come back and enjoy one more night at our bar where we have special events every nights of the week with Live music!
Cheers,
Central L.A
Elan Hotel
Elan Hotel
#5 of 350 in Los Angeles

Been to Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!