“Did Not Disappoint!”

Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills
Ranked #24 of 354 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed January 6, 2014

My wife and I travelled to LA for the first time and our first Hotel experience means we will most definitely return. First stop Sofitel Beverley Hills where we were greeted with a warm friendly smile from Stefan. This guy really paid attention at Hospitality school! We were situated across from the shopping centre which my wife absolutely enjoyed, so did my credit card. As we enjoy walking, we made our way to The Grove (20-25min walk) which, at the time, hosted the TV show Extra. Loads to do here and great eateries as well.
The room was fairly large, and the bed....well, felt like you were sleeping on a cloud!
I must also commend the friendly staff at the concierge. They really went out of their way to try and assist us. The whole experience was phenomenal and I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to stay in Beverley Hills.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
SofitelLA, General Manager at Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear Diego,
Thank you for your wonderful review of Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills!
I am delighted to know you had the impression to sleep on a cloud thanks to our Sofitel beds and that you and your wife enjoyed going to the Beverly Center and the Grove.
I will certainly thank Stephane for his smile and his warm welcome.
We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Good stay for 2 nights- upgraded to 15th floor w/ Hollywood Hills view, there is a new school under construction at street level, so be prepared for concrete pumpers and trucks at 7 AM.

Service was truly nice from everyone we met, had 2 great breakfasts with a nice waitress Ally, who went above and beyond. Thanks.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear guest,
Thank you for your review of Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills.
We are verry sorry for the inconvenience due to the work construction of the school in front of the hotel, but I am happy you enjoyed your stay, our staff service and the breakfast at our restaurant!
Eric Lemaire, general Manager

Reviewed January 4, 2014

My brother and I stayed at the Sofitel LA on the 1st to the 4th of December while on a holiday. We will start with all the positives first.
Pros:
-the rooms are nice and clean with a modern feeling to it.
-concierge are really friendly and really helpful and helped us with sudden last minute bookings with tours and transfers.
-business centre was good, had fast computers and a printer.
-check-out was quick and efficient.
-location was perfect, the hotel is right opposite to Beverly Center also the hop-on-hop-off bus stop was right opposite of the hotel which was good for us since we booked that tour for 2 days. Also it is a short taxi ride to Hollywood and Rodeo Drive.
The cons are:
-Upon check-in at first the service was very good and we requested a room upgrade as we are Platinum members for Accor Le club program. They confirmed to us that the room was upgraded, but when we got to our room I noticed that the room was still a Standard Twin room which is the exact same room as we booked it.
-Also before we got to this hotel my brother mentioned to them to surprise me with a small gift or something for my 21st Birthday as we were originally in the USA to celebrate my 21st Birthday. But they did not give us anything. Usually in other hotels such as the Intercontinental, Pan Pacific, Four Seasons, Bellagio or the Westin would usually give a little gift and would write a card to say happy bday or something but Sofitel did not even when my brother requested it.
-and the last problem we had was that during our stay at the Sofitel the cleaners did not replenish our shampoo, soap and shower gel. During the stay they only replenished the shampoo once and on the last day we were there we did not have enough shampoo left.
Other that the problems i had i was happy with the hotel but i think Sofitel should put more attention to detail to this hotel to make the experience of the customers better.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Ivan,
Thank you for your honest review of Sofitel Los Angeles.
First, please accept my most sincere apologize if our team didn't make something special for your 21st birthday. The objective of all the team is to create great memories for our guests and we always do our best to do something special for such occasion. I am sorry for this miscommunication we had, and I really hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.
Otherwise, I am glad that you enjoyed our staff service and our location and I really hope you spent nice vacation with your family,

Reviewed January 4, 2014

My wife and I stayed here on New Year's Day with our kids just before leaving for LAX to go back home. We like the Sofitel brand and always have positive experiences, but the Sofitel at Beverly Hills truly exceeded all of our expectations. Because of our Accor membership, we were able to upgrade to a suite. But when we checked into the hotel, the staff upgraded us further-- to the Presidential Suite!! It was beautiful and of course my kids went nuts when the saw the size and beauty of the suite, which included an outdoor terrace with a gas fireplace, a rain shower room big enough to accommodate 6 people, and just luxury everywhere. The staff was terrific and our breakfast was very nice in the morning (again, comped by the hotel). We will certainly be back to this hotel (but sadly, we may have to "slum" it in one of the more standard rooms!)

Room Tip: Before you die, splurge and go for the Presidential Suite for just one night!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
SofitelLA, General Manager at Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you for your wonderful review of Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills!
I am delighted to read that your free upgrade to our Presidential suite pleasantly surprised you and all your family!
We try to create great memories for our guest and I am happy if you will remember your New Years' Eve at the Sofitel Los Angeles.

Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

My kid was sick . I asked a soup for the room service and they have just ignored it. I had to beg to feed my at night. I needed a rollaway bed , and they put a matress on the floor. What a "classy hotel"!!!! Rooms are outdated , so I was locked inside bathroom because the door was broken!

Stayed: January 2014
4  Thank Richard A

Dear guest,
As we can see you are still in house, we would be more than happy to meet with you to undertand what happened and to do our best for your end of stay to be a better one.
Our main objective is to create Magnifique memories for our guests and the last thing we want is that you leave us unhappy.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We just got back from our trip to LA and loved our stay at the Sofitel! It is in the perfect location with easy trips to the Grove, the shopping on and around Rodeo Drive, and great restaurants. The service, from the moment you pull in, is excellent! Shawn at the door is very friendly and welcoming. Daniel at the front desk was very helpful too! Rooms were very comfortable, though I wish there was a loose sheet besides just the comforter and fitted sheet on the beds. The restaurant has great food. I had a great flank steak for lunch and whispy-thin pancakes for breakfast. The prices are very expensive though...$6 for a glass of Cranberry Juice, $6 or $7 for Orange Juice, $27 for a breakfast buffet. Valet is $33/day--wish they did it by the hour because we used our car all throughout the day. Only issue was on one of our nights there happened to be a large protest outside of the hotel all evening, but the staff handled it very well and extra security was there too to ensure safety. Overall, a great time and a great place to stay in LA

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Matthew_H213

Dear guest,
Thank you for your review of Sofitel Los Angeles.
I am glad that you enjoyed your room and the food at our restaurant.
I will certainly be thanking Shawn and Daniel for their guest service.
I am sorry for the inconvenience with the protest which took place in front of the hotel.
This is not something common!

Reviewed January 3, 2014

As always, this hotel comes through. Great staff, great location, great room, great food. The location cannot be beat. The flatbread pizza from the restaurant is nothing short of spectacular. Will be going back again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Sofitel.com

Dear Craig,
Thank you for your review of Sofitel Los Angeles.
I am delighted to read that you loved our flatbread pizza and that you enjoyed our staff and the location.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
Elan Hotel
#5 of 354 in Los Angeles
Westside
InterContinental Los Angeles Century City

Been to Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!