“Luxury hotel but without a mini bar fridge with room for your own”

Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills
Ranked #25 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Hotel and service was great.. I would love to stay here again but the mini bar fridge was filled with their drinks and alcohol not to mention the fridge wasnt working.. We stayed in room 326 two nights ago and the engineer that came around to fix it didnt work the next day.. we end up getting a portable mini bar fridge at 2am in the morning.. other than that.. the bed was soo comfortable to sleep on.
They really need to do something about the smoking area.. everything when i went down stairs to smoke.. i had the sun in my face..

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
SofitelLA, General Manager at Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Thank you for your review of Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills!
I am glad to read that our Sofitel beds were the most comfortable to sleep on and that you liked our staff service.
Otherwise, we are really sorry for the inconvenience encountered with your mini bar.
Please believe that this situation is unusual and we hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.
Eric Lemaire, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,958)

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Stayed a week in September, room was very nice and the staff were excellent, I'd have rated the place Excellent except they were shooting a movie in the bar and unless you were willing to be an extra you couldn't get in for a quiet drink!

2  Thank yambaman2013

Thank you for your review of Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills!
I am glad you enjoyed our property and the staff service.
I am sorry if you were disturbed by the movie. We tried to do our best in order this shooting not to prevent our guests to relax and enjoy their stay.
We hope you will come back to be able to have a quiet drink in our outside patio!

Reviewed September 26, 2013

It's not the best place in the world. Or in LA for that matter. I'm not overly excited, yet, I'm not offended either. I always meet characters here, and there's a bar downstairs that's full of people in business suits. I like it, but don't love it. The location isn't all that great either, but I'll always be a west side girl, so it's a personal preference, not an attack on the hotel itself. I don't think you'll hate this place, but you won't walk away saying it's the best place ever. I think people come here because they are either on a business meeting, a business mixer, or they heard it in a rap song.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for the first time in September! I did a lot of research before choosing a hotel & we made the right decision. The staff were exceptional very helpful, the room was spacious and clean. The most comfortable beds I have ever slept in! It was those little touches like a complimentary drink at the bar & water given to us for our ride to the airport that really make them stand out! My husband & I kept commenting on how fantastic they were! This hotel is so close to everything, The Grove, opposite the Beverly Centre, short walk to Robertson Blvd! as we didn't have a car these were all important when choosing location.
When we come back to LA we would not stay anywhere else! Great work on achieving such a high standard in such a competitive industry!

• Stayed: September 2013
SofitelLA, General Manager at Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review!
I am glad that you and your family enjoyed our staff service. We take a lot of pleasure in making each of our guest’s visits "fantastic"!
I am also happy to read our Sofitel bed is one of the most comfortable bed you have ever slept in!
It is true Los Angeles is not a city where you can easily travel without a car, but I am glad that you didn't encounter any problems thanks to our central location.
We hope to welcome you back as a guest soon,

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Alright Sofitel, you're on the chopping block but not to worry! You did great!

Hotel - Great location and fab decor as soon as you roll up into their porte cochere. If you like modern this is the perfect hotel for you. The hotel is right next to the Beverly Center so shopping was dangerously close. Check in was smooth and concierge were very helpful. I had to do some work on this trip but the staff made it really easy for me to print/scan/fax documents and the wee hours in the evening.

Restaurant - We dined at Esterel for Mother's Day Brunch which was fab. We completely forgot about making reservations but it wasn't too busy so we luckily got in right away. Food was excellend and selection was somewhat overwhelming. Well.. buffets are overwhelming.

Rooms - We had a room with a King-sized bed and a view of the Hollywood Hills. The view was quite nice and I'm sure many guests pay quite the premium for it but luckily I went when the hotel wasn't so busy (in May). The room was spacious and so was the bathroom. We had a shower in our bathroom but there was ample space for two people to be in there at the same time comfortably. The decor is modern contemporary and in good taste.

Facilities - I didn't use anything else really to be completely honest. The restaurant turns into a lounge on the weekends? It's "bumpin" because I got back to the hotel crazy late that night and people were still getting crazy. Too many parties in LA anyway...

Okay so the issue I had was with tipping. We parked our car at the hotel and would give the valet a small tip when they took or brought out our car. Every time we gave them a tip it was made clear that I wasn't giving enough. I would tip maybe 3 - 4 dollars each time but one of them had the nerve to count it in front of me and shake his head side to side. I was pretty appalled! Next time I'll tip a dollar in coins! Unbelievable! It's obviously a tip-based pay system when they practical fight with each other to bring your car out.

Anyways.... Other than that the hotel was fine, I enjoyed my stay and the location is great.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AlohaGuest808

Dear guest,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills!
We are delighted that you spent an excellent stay, overlooking the Hollywood Hills from your room. We are also glad you enjoyed our mordern hotel design and that our staff made your stay easy.
Otherwise, I am really sorry for the bad experience you had with our valet parking. Please rest assured that I will bring your comments to the attention of our Valet Parking Director.
We hope to welcome you back as a guest soon,

Reviewed September 25, 2013

we were offered a room that was a strange shape, not enough floor space to open our new suitcases which need the lids to lie flat.
We objected and were shown a better room that smelt badly of cigarette smoke. The third room we were offered was great...some lingering cigarette smoke but this dissipated overnight with some perfume sprayed from my wife's collection!
Once again we enjoyed the hotel,,location and service very good.
Breakfast expensive (but aren't all hotel breakfasts?) and be careful not to take fruit from the buffet if you are having a menu breakfast, which will result in you being charged around $30 for fruit, yogurt and coffee. We complained and the charge was reversed..
Always plenty of taxi's, otherwise all as good as one would expect from a decent hotelin America.
Will return again.

Room Tip: insist on a never been smoked in room...don't worry about the outlook.

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your review of Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills!
We are pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and staff service.
Otherwise, we are really sorry for the inconvenience encountered with your room and that you had to change twice because of cigarette smoke.
Our objective is to create Magnifique experiences for our guests, and we hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Rooms are spacious with nice decor and comfy beds. Love the rain shower and bath set up. Comp WiFi appreciated. Service was excellent. Conveniently located right across from Beverly Center and 20 minutes from LAX.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
SofitelLA, General Manager at Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review of Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills!
I am glad to read that you like the room design and that you find the staff service excellent.
We hope to welcome you back as a guest soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
The Hollywood Roosevelt
#16 of 355 in Los Angeles
Westside
InterContinental Los Angeles Century City

Been to Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!