“Comfort”

Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills
Ranked #28 of 357 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Very comfortable bed. Great shower. Very clean. And very conveniently located. Los Angeles is not a "walking city", but it's main attractions are all around you. And if you want to walk, you can always do it at the Beverly Center across the street (a beautiful mall). The service could not have been better from the parking attendants, to the desk staff, to the concierge, to the restaurant staff. If you want a good night's sleep, this is the hotel. A wonderfully comfortable bed, combined with the quietest big city hotel I've ever stayed in. (Plus the air-conditioning was whisper quiet, something not to be taken for granted.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
SofitelLA, General Manager at Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Bonjour maryannt,
Thank you for your review of Sofitel Los Angeles.
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our property, our location and our staff. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Los Angeles.
Eric Lemaire, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,011)

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We needed to be in the area for a UCLA graduation, so based on great experiences with Sofitel in New Zealand, we decided to book the Sofitel in LA. The location is good, especially for UCLA, good restaurants and shopping, although you will still need to cab or drive. We had booked a deluxe room with Holywood Hills view, especially after ready some reviews that the other sides of the hotel can be noisy. We ended up on the 4th floor, right next to the elevator. We could literally hear every word of the conversations folks were having while waiting for the elevator, as I am sure they could hear ours! The room was small. It might be OK for a person travelling on business, but for a couple it was not enough room. The bathroom was pretty well equipped, but the door did not close well and given the small stature of the room itself, let's just say that any privacy while using the facilities was not really there. I know we're married but I don't want to be THAT married :). Cleanliness of the room was fine, although the windows need a darn good clean. The quality here is of an average room in a Westin type hotel, without the size. This is not representative of the Sofitel brand, and I feel they do themselves a disservice by offering these accommodations. The bar & restaurant areas are well done, the breakfast is excellent (fresh pastries). The staff are helpful and accommodating. There is a small pool on the 2nd story roof with a pleasant sun lounger area, a good place to relax after a day out. Overall; not the luxury or experience that I associate with Sofitel, and I feel they could do so much better than this. Maybe they are simply trying to be a business hotel.

Room Tip: avoid low floors anywhere near an elevator, booking a higher level than "standard" room is...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
SofitelLA, General Manager at Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Bonjour Tracy P,
Thank you for your honest review of Sofitel Los Angeles.
I am happy to read that you enjoyed our location, breakfast and staff service but I am sorry that your room did not meet your expectations.
I hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future,

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Amazing hotel. Confort at its finest with all details of luxury expeience included. Highly recomended. Location is second to none if you plan a little of R and R in Beverly Hills or West Hollywood area. The staff go out of their way to please you and give you the gran experience of this hotel brand.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Bonjour TJSibarita,
Thank you for your review of Sofitel Los Angeles.
I am delighted to read that you our staff made your stay a luxury experience!
We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Los Angeles.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I liked the lobby ambience and the service was perfect.

Room was welcoming and felt nice. I used the gym and it was well equipped and had a nice atmosphere. Used the pool which was a little small but it caught the rays just fine......

I thought the location was ideal - it's always nice to be able to walk to things and I could walk to a CVS Pharmacy and of course the Beverly Mall is right across the street (ate at PF Changs which was also minutes walk away).

The only bad thing really was the valet parking charge which was NASTY!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Bonjour JohnDougall,
Thank you for your review of Sofitel Los Angeles. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our hotel atmosphere, our staff service and our location.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Los Angeles.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Just spent three nights at this hotel and overall felt it was a very good stay. Didn't feel the location was as brilliant as some of the other reviews (pretty much needed to take a cab wherever I went) but the service was good, food really good and overall an enjoyable experience.

Positives:
- clean rooms and stylish hotel
- great bar area
- concierge going beyond expectations to ensure my bookings were made and advising me where to eat and tours to take
- friendly staff

Negatives:
- not much to do in immediate area so need cab to get to the usual LA tourist high spots
- entrance lobby and rooms quite dark
- pool area hidden away and nothing special
- stayed in room 444 which was right above the open bar area - quite noise on busy nights so try to avoid rooms directly above the bar

Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
SofitelLA, General Manager at Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Bonjour Norbert S,
Thank you for your review of Sofitel LA!
I am happy to read that you enjoyed our staff service, our restaurant and our bar.
We hope to welcome you back as a guest soon!

Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

I and my family stayed at Sofitel in June 2013. My comments for this hotel are good service, good staff, pricey, good location but room a bit old and not so clean. First it is in Beverly hills so you won't expect it will be cheap. But the service and staffs meet the criteria of five stars hotel. They were responsive and polite. Location is good, near rodeo drive, Beverly hills sign and farmers market. around usd20-30 if go to these places by cab. However facilities are old, lIke the towels, room, air conditioner. My room air conditioner was out of order once during my stay, hotel staffs compensate us with breakfast coupons and apologise quickly which I appreciated that. But after all it still created trouble for us after our whole day sightseeing. Hotel breakfast buffet was nice, which I like the fresh fruits and juices the best.

• Stayed: June 2013

Bonjour VickyplusEric,
Thank you for your review of Sofitel Los Angeles.
While I am happy to read that you enjoyed our staff and our location, it troubles me that you had problems with your room and the air conditioner.
I hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Spent 4 nights in this wonderful hotel. Nothing was a problem. Staff extremely helpful, courteous and friendly. Nothing is a problem. Excellent location. Wouldn't consider going anywhere else next time.

1  Thank Donzie1962

Bonjour Donzie1962,
Thank you so much for your fantastic review of Sofitel Los Angeles!
We have some amazing staff members working for us, and I am very happy to know you enjoyed their service and our location.
We look forward to having you stay with us again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
West Hollywood
Chamberlain West Hollywood
Chamberlain West Hollywood
#6 of 19 in West Hollywood

Been to Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!