“absolutely worth it!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Sydney, Australia
“absolutely worth it!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

after a long flight from australia we arrived here to very welcoming and friendly staff (Dustin).
our stay was very comfortable, the hotel has a lovely atmosphere and the rooms were a good size and well appointed. excellent bathroom/shower area. all staff were friendly and we were treated like VIP's, there was absolutely no pretentiousness.
i have stayed at Softels in Shanghai & Beijing and this one was even better.
i have recommended this hotel to all my friends and will definitely stay here again!
excellent value!

Room Tip: get a hollywood hills view room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank haamsuplo
SofitelLA, General Manager at Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Bonjour Plasticjungle,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of Sofitel Los Angeles.
I am glad that you like the hotel atmosphere and the staff service.
I will certainly be thanking Dustin for his guest service during your stay with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon,
Eric Lemaire, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
MELBOURNE
Reviewed April 13, 2013

This was our fourth stay in LA and the third hotel we have tried and am very pleased to say it was the best by far!
When we checked in the lady at the front desk upgraded us to a Hollywood hills view which was great. I think this put us on the quieter side of the hotel. Noise was minimal due to double windows in the room anyway.
Room is a good size. Bed was so comfortable. Bathroom good too - the orange Lanvin body lotion was to die for.
Location was great although a bit dangerous being across the road from the Beverley Centre. Don't miss Nordstrom Rack for fantastically reduced designer shoes. And Madeo is within a 10 minute walk too (great Italian restaurant which is a favourite with celebrities).
Parking is $33 a night plus valet tips which can get pricey but we couldn't find anywhere else in the area to park so we just went with it.
Overall a fantastic stay and this will definitely be our hotel of choice in LA.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Bonjour AnnaDownUnder,
Thank you for your wonderful review of Sofitel Los Angeles.
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed both our property and our location!
We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Los Angeles.
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Good Service and staff are all friendly.
Love to come back again, excellent choice for my first saty in L.A.
Room is clean and comfortable.
Price is bit high but worth every cents.
shopping mall is in opposite of the street.
Breadfast is very good and a lot of choice and cover even room services.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

SofitelLA, General Manager at Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Bonjour HongKong_ChinaHenry,
Thank you for your review of Sofitel Los Angeles. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed both our property and our staff.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Los Angeles.
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed here on a business trip after leaving another area hotel. I wish I had stayed at the hotel both days. The bed was so comfortable and plush. It was quiet for sleeping and the staff was very attentive.

There was a Keurig cofffee maker in the room which I really appreciated it for a great buzz in the morning. A paper was delivered and the staff was uber courteous.

Other perks: Hermes bath products and a delicious chocolate macaroon on check in.
The hotel is conveniently located close to Beverly Hills and West Hollywood. There is also shopping and dinning across the street at Beverly Center.

Charles at the front desk was very helpful and courteous upon check in. Also, great response from the hotel Twitter Account. Clearly social media is taken seriously here, which is a plus for customer service.

Room Tip: There are some rooms with views of the Beverly Center, which is nice if you are a shopaholic:)
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Bonjour Recessionista,
Thank you for your wonderful review of Sofitel LA!
We enjoyed reading the many kind things you shared about our staff and our property.
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the amenities of the room and the Sofitel Bed.
I will certainly be thanking Charles for his guest service.
We hope to welcome you back as a guest soon!
LA
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Have just returned home after staying just one night at the Sofitel. Was expecting a great stay given the reviews on Trip Advisor but was very disappointed. Check in was brisk and polite as was Valet service. On entering room (we had standard with 2 double beds for our kids and my husband and I) I thought it very small and the beds were actually European doubles not American doubles. I am British so I know what European doubles are like! My husband looked for a tea kettle but there was nothing in the room so he called Guest Services and was told no they don't provide kettles but could get him a cup of tea in an hour. An hour!! For tea! That's hot water and a tea bag! He said no he would go to Starbucks instead. Later when I read the Hotel Directory I saw that you could call House Keeping and they would provide a complimentary Tea Kettle. So we called House Keeping. It still took over an hour. I walked into the bathroom and saw a clump of someone else's hair on the floor! Disgusted we walked downstairs and told a guy behind the desk. He looked equally disgusted and said he would send housekeeping up straight away. We went out for dinner and came back 3 hours later. I saw the same guy when we returned and asked if the problem has been dealt with. He shrugged and said he had asked them and they had told him they were going to deal with it. When we got back to the room, I walked into the bathroom and it was exactly as I had left it! the clump of hair was still there! Too tired to complain again we left it and decided to tell our sorry tale on Trip Advisor instead. Very disappointing even though we gave them a chance to rectify the problem at the time, which is what al hotel managers urge non-satisfied customers to do.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Bonjour AngelaC90,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Sofitel Los Angeles. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
At Sofitel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.
We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Had a great stay at the Sofitel Beverly Hills on my first ever trip to LA. Staff were very friendly and attentive, and I was pleased with an early checkin when I arrived 3 hours early. The room was very clean and comfortable - the bed was especially comfortable after a 14 hour flight. Having booking a Hollywood Hills View room, it afforded me my first ever view of the Hollywood Sign - a great welcome to LA!
Great location for a tourist as it's on there's a Starline bus stop right outside, and the Beverly Center is across this road.
Only small criticism was the cost of Wi-fi, but as the US has caught up with great pre paid mobile data plans available this was soon not an issue.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Ben T
Bonjour Ben T,
Thank you so much for your lovely review of Sofitel Los Angeles!
I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us for your first time in LA, and that you were able to see the hollywood sign from your room.
For the wifi, it is free for every guests, exept if they choose the option "fast Wi-fi".
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel got the best mattress I've slept in a hotel. Maybe in my life. Concierge is good and location great for shopping time and great restaurants! I really have nothing to complaint about this Sofitel in Los Angeles. The bar is great for who is taking a drink at a quick stop. Recommend it!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
SofitelLA, General Manager at Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Bonjour Rlingourmet,
Thank you for your wonderful review of Sofitel LA!
We enjoyed reading the kind things you shared about our staff and our hotel.
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our Sofitel bed!
We hope to welcome you back as a guest soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
Central L.A
Elan Hotel
Elan Hotel
#5 of 351 in Los Angeles

Been to Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!